Patch Notes Discussion- R65 (Live: 11/17/14)

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghast wrote:
    Okay, that is far less ominous than the original language. The first version sounded closer to an announcement about mandatory DNA testing than a simple change to FB reward sharing methodology.

Presumably mandatory DNA testing will be added in R666.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? Maybe explain exactly what it means.

Hi,
    Added a bit more info to the line regarding Facebook to read: "- MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ instead of the first 1,000."
    If I get further clarification I'll update again.
    Oh it doesn't spam people who don't have MPQ installed any more? I changed over to a fake account anyway
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    BrenH wrote:
    Any news on when the game will work on Android devices running Lollipop?
    Still can't get past the loading screen.

Hi,

We're aware of issues with Android and Lollipop. No ETA on a fix yet. Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19149

Thanks.

Thanks Dave.
    I replied to that thread with hardware and software details.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes

Before this fix, if you had >1000 Facebook friends when you got the opportunity to share rewards with Facebook friends that play MPQ, we'd only show you options from among your first 1000 friends. Now, if you have a zillion Facebook friends, you might get a gift for any of them.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Okin107 wrote:
    Google Play is a good thing since I play on my Android phone. Also, looking forward to testing those beta times.

Question: Rewards during the beta testing will be permanent or not?

Yep! Permanent.
  • If they weren't permanent, they might as well would say "guys, please participate in beta testing but since this is beta rewards are beta too and they will disappear before the next events starts" icon_razz.gif. Then, no one would beta test icon_lol.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes

Before this fix, if you had >1000 Facebook friends when you got the opportunity to share rewards with Facebook friends that play MPQ, we'd only show you options from among your first 1000 friends. Now, if you have a zillion Facebook friends, you might get a gift for any of them.
    Any chance that you can change it so that when the game lets you share a reward with 10 people it only lists people that have MPQ? It's a real pain in the **** otherwise and I usually end up skipping this window most of the time.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes

Any chance that you can change it so that when the game lets you share a reward with 10 people it only lists people that have MPQ? It's a real pain in the **** otherwise and I usually end up skipping this window most of the time.
    I think those only come up on 1* cover rewards - the idea is to invite someone to the game (ie people who don't have MPQ) by giving them a free 1* cover. Annoying as hell I agree though.
  • Spoit wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Gameplay
    - Event end times Beta testing is set to begin soon. Testing to get underway for improvements to Event end times with the Hulk Versus Event a few days from now.

Hope this test will go better then your last test.
    They really should have delayed starting the season to get that test in too, or waited until the next gap between them

This change is important enough that they need to get it tested and implemented as soon as able. Yes it may have some nebulously quantifiable effect on season rankings but IMO the end time fix should take priority over a lot of things since it has been a major issue since forever.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okin107 wrote:
    Google Play is a good thing since I play on my Android phone. Also, looking forward to testing those beta times.

Question: Rewards during the beta testing will be permanent or not?

Yep! Permanent.

Can you promise that end times won't be changed back to normal during the last stretch this time?
    The MMR switchback in the last few hours of Nefarious Foes came pretty damn close to being the proverbial straw, if you know what I mean ...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the common theory is Groot, Rocket, Silver Surfer(?), and Ultron(?).

That sounds nice and all, except one tiny little detail. D3 said that Mystique and Thorina won't be the last strong, rough and tumble type female characters released before the end of the year. Which means at least one , maybe more, of the new characters should be a female. And with the nature, animals reference, I'd guess Squirrel Girl. And for "otherworldly beings"? Well I can think of several females that fit that, but I know which one I want, that is if she is considered "otherworldly ". That would be Phoenix. Gets kinda muddled at certain times. As to "robots"? Well, I'm hoping for Vision. (I know Vision is a male, but the only female robots I can think of, I really don't want, or not as much as Vision anyway).

I read earlier that Groot and Rocket were confirmed. Where could I find this?

edit,... also heard references to a new Xforce character, I missed that one too, or was it just speculation? Hope not, I've been saying for months that 1 star.png Bone Claw Logan would be super awesome. We got 2, 3, and 4 star.png Wolverines. Why not add a 1 star.png to complete the set? Plus Wolverine has always been my #1 favorite Marvel hero. Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, Phoenix, and Prof. X. One things I love about MPQ, it has most of my all time favs. Just waiting on a 4 star.png Xavier and I'm set icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Android
    - Improved Back button support.
    This sounds interesting. I play on Android Jelly Bean, and I've almost never used the in-game Back buttons. I wonder if this'll make the game run more smoothly.
    I read earlier that Groot and Rocket were confirmed. Where could I find this?
    They're not officially confirmed, AFAIK. Someone dug up a MPQ .INI file dump on Github that listed all existing character powers... and some unknown ones, like Rocket & Groot's, a third Juggs power, etc.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket & Groot, as a single character, were found in a data dump from Github. Mystique was also in that dump, before her announcement, with powers that matched the one that was released last week, so it seems pretty well confirmed. The topic was deleted, though.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket & Groot, as a single character, were found in a data dump from Github. Mystique was also in that dump, before her announcement, with powers that matched the one that was released last week, so it seems pretty well confirmed. The topic was deleted, though.
    Yeah it's not uncommon for devs to put features in the code long before announcement or implementation. The funny thing is, anyone with a Steam installation of MPQ can look at this INI file with any text editor.
  • So the common theory is Groot, Rocket, Silver Surfer(?), and Ultron(?).

That sounds nice and all, except one tiny little detail. D3 said that Mystique and Thorina won't be the last strong, rough and tumble type female characters released before the end of the year.

With this pace of releases, we can expect 2-3 characters before the end of the Year.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Ultron? I would expect us to get Ultron in late April/Early May, for the movie, but not before. I'd put Gambit on the expected list sooner, simply because of the contest, at least assuming that was meaningful.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the Robots, if it's not Vision, I hope we get a playable Sentinel. Not a Sentinel that we have to fight with goons and maggia, but one we can use. But I won't hold my breath icon_e_confused.gif .
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    We give thanks this season for nature, animals, otherworldly beings, robots and good stories. Everyone loves a good story, right?

I think this means Rocket & Groot, vs alien and robot goons in own PVE story.

BTW their powers:
    - Blammo We Got Ya
    - I Am Groot
    - I Got A Plan

Colors: x, Blue, Green
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    can we get a facebook disable function as well? i delinked the MPQ app from my FB to prevent spamming non-MPQ players (for those random drops that can be shared) and now MPQ forces me to login and re-accept the app link up every.single.time. i startup the MPQ app. icon_eek.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket Racoon & Groot, Silver Surfer, and Sentinel would be cool.