Patch Notes Discussion- R65 (Live: 11/17/14)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi folks, the R65 update has arrived. Read on for details.

R65 Update:

We give thanks this season for nature, animals, otherworldly beings, robots and good stories. Everyone loves a good story, right?

Gameplay
    -
Event end times Beta testing is set to begin soon. Testing to get underway for improvements to Event end times with the Hulk Versus Event a few days from now.

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    - Fixed a bug that prevented Leaderboard information from appearing. - Support emails now include player data to streamline the support process. - The Help and Credits buttons in the Options Menu have been improved. - MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ instead of the first 1,000. - The top open Alliances with active players, (players who have played in the last week,) will be shown first to players searching for an Alliance to join.

Android
    - Google Play Games interface has been implemented. - Multiple push notifications now stack instead of being overwritten. - Improved Back button support.

PC
    - Fixed a crash bug on launch for some users.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? Maybe explain exactly what it means.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay, the leaderboard bug will be fixed!
    Google Play Games interface has been implemented.

Can you elaborate on this?
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Gameplay
    - Event end times Beta testing is set to begin soon. Testing to get underway for improvements to Event end times with the Hulk Versus Event a few days from now.

Hope this test will go better then your last test.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We give thanks this season for nature, animals, otherworldly beings, robots and good stories. Everyone loves a good story, right?

So there's the new PvE story teaser. Potentially new characters too (we don't have any robots, right?)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nature, animals and otherworldly creatures would all be covered by the already-leaked Rocket & Groot. As for robots, I hear there's a shiny silver guy who's been in the moving pictures lately...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We give thanks this season for nature Groot, animals Rocket, otherworldly beings Silver Surfer?, robots Ultron? and good stories New Story!. Everyone loves a good story, right?

Right?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Gameplay
    - Event end times Beta testing is set to begin soon. Testing to get underway for improvements to Event end times with the Hulk Versus Event a few days from now.

Hope this test will go better then your last test.
    They really should have delayed starting the season to get that test in too, or waited until the next gap between them
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    EDIT: Question resolved. That's a lot less ominous than it looks.
  • Any news on when the game will work on Android devices running Lollipop?
    Still can't get past the loading screen.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Android
      - Google Play Games interface has been implemented. - Multiple push notifications now stack instead of being overwritten. - Improved Back button support.

I don't see anything on here about compatible with lollipop. Will that be fixed in this release?

ETA: I hope this drops on Monday. I'm tired of having to be around for the end of events to collect scores for our alliance.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Has there ever been a way to set a Facebook backup while denying the game access to your friends list? I didn't get a separate prompt for that, and it already looks at my friends to suggest people to send PvP match rewards to. I read this update to mean that list of suggestions will be populated with friends who also play MPQ, if any exist.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    David posted in the announcements and in the bug thread that they don't know exactly where the 5.0 incompatibility is. Any programmer who's not suicidally addicted to overnight hours will tell you not to schedule a fix for a problem you haven't identified yet.
  • David posted in the announcements and in the bug thread that they don't know exactly where the 5.0 incompatibility is. Any programmer who's not suicidally addicted to overnight hours will tell you not to schedule a fix for a problem you haven't identified yet.

Thanks for the info. I just went and read the post. I'll be giving them details about device etc. to hopefully speed up the process.
    Until then I guess I'm playing on my phone and ensuring it doesn't update to Lollipop icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • New Patch : new character... Doe...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    New Patch : new character... Doe...

I think we can forgive too fast character releases until they come with new story icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    New Patch : new character... Doe...

I think we can forgive too fast character releases until they come with new story icon_e_smile.gif

Or good and useful characters ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Google Play is a good thing since I play on my Android phone. Also, looking forward to testing those beta times.

Question: Rewards during the beta testing will be permanent or not?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? Maybe explain exactly what it means.

Hi,
    Added a bit more info to the line regarding Facebook to read: "- MPQ will now check for all Facebook friends that have MPQ instead of the first 1,000."
    If I get further clarification I'll update again.
  • Okay, that is far less ominous than the original language. The first version sounded closer to an announcement about mandatory DNA testing than a simple change to FB reward sharing methodology.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    BrenH wrote:
    Any news on when the game will work on Android devices running Lollipop?
    Still can't get past the loading screen.

Hi,

We're aware of issues with Android and Lollipop. No ETA on a fix yet. Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19149

Thanks.