Patch Notes Discussion - R64 (Live: 11/03/14)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moon Roach wrote:
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Why is it that you can no longer see the level of each enemy character before going into a fight? They now show what Team Up boost the enemy has, but enemy levels..... nope, gone! Is MPQ living in bizzardo world?
    Click on 'em

I read this question as referring to number of covers, as the level of each character is right there in front of you as soon as you open a node. As far as I know, the only way to see whether you're facing a 5/5/3 or 4/4/5 (or whatever) level 166 something or other is to click on the name of your opposition to see his roster, then look for the characters he's chosen.

(Granted, if you know how many Blue covers it takes for a level 57 2* Daken's Chemical Reaction to convert 2 Blue tiles to Green and 2 friendly Strike tiles to normal tiles doing 167 per strike tile you can work it out, but I'd prefer just to see I'm facing 3/4/2 and plan accordingly.)

Naturally (and annoyingly) this isn't available in Gauntlet or any other PvE.

I was only asking about the level of the enemy characters, not the covers or distribution of their powers. I'm almost certain it used to show each characters level and now that is gone.

You know, we asked to see what team up the opponent has and they listened.... but at the expense of something more important, seeing the level of enemy characters.

Doesn't make sense.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    I was only asking about the level of the enemy characters, not the covers or distribution of their powers. I'm almost certain it used to show each characters level and now that is gone.

You know, we asked to see what team up the opponent has and they listened.... but at the expense of something more important, seeing the level of enemy characters.

Doesn't make sense.
    Erm... the enemy levels are shown before you click "fight" in the screen before you select your own team?
    Like it's always been?
    On the screen where you choose your boosts it shows the enemy team-up, yes - but character levels are shown before you even reach that screen.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Doesn't make sense.
    Erm... the enemy levels are shown before you click "fight" in the screen before you select your own team?
    Like it's always been?
    On the screen where you choose your boosts it shows the enemy team-up, yes - but character levels are shown before you even reach that screen.

Yes, I understand that that they show the levels on the "fight" screen. Before the latest update, they used to show the enemy levels on the screen where you choose your boosts. Now, the enemy team up icon has been added and they no longer show enemy levels. Why does the enemy team up take priority over what levels the enemy is at? That's just .... dumb. I'd like to see what levels the enemies are at (not what team up they have) when I'm going to choose my boosts.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Doesn't make sense.
    Like it's always been?

Yes, I understand that that they show the levels on the "fight" screen. Before the latest update, they used to show the enemy levels on the screen where you choose your boosts. Now, the enemy team up icon has been added and they no longer show enemy levels. Why does the enemy team up take priority over what levels the enemy is at? That's just .... dumb. I'd like to see what levels the enemies are at (not what team up they have) when I'm going to choose my boosts.

Are you the person they based Memento on? You have to remember the levels that they show you on the prior screen. They show you enemy levels, then you pick your team, then they show you enemy teamups and you pick your boosts. It is not that complicated - there are plenty of worthwhile things to complain about, this isn't one of them.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Are you the person they based Memento on? You have to remember the levels that they show you on the prior screen. They show you enemy levels, then you pick your team, then they show you enemy teamups and you pick your boosts. It is not that complicated - there are plenty of worthwhile things to complain about, this isn't one of them.
    Don't forget that you also can't see your own team's levels on the boost-selection screen anymore. You now have to actually remember those levels from when you selected your characters one entire screen ago.

Needless to say, this is absolutely outrageous.
  • papa07 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Doesn't make sense.
    Like it's always been?

I'm not familar with Memento and I respectfully disagree.
  • HailMary wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Don't forget that you also can't see your own team's levels on the boost-selection screen anymore. You now have to actually remember those levels from when you selected your characters one entire screen ago.

Needless to say, this is absolutely outrageous.

Take your sarcasm and shove it.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why can't I Upvote a Downvote? icon_lol.gif
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Why is it that you can no longer see the level of each enemy character before going into a fight? They now show what Team Up boost the enemy has, but enemy levels..... nope, gone! Is MPQ living in bizzardo world?
    Click on 'em

In what upsidown world is the level of the opponents team up more important than the level of each enemy character?

Answer: MPQ

This change is just moronic.

What locked is refering to is that you can still see the level of each opponent, not just the level of their current Team Up. Its on the screen where you pick Boosts or Team-ups. You just need to click on each individual enemy to examine their levels, or see their match damage, or see their color/cover skills in the pop-up that follows.

Granted you can only look at one enemy at a time...but all the information is still there, and the format it appears in has not changed from before
  • gambl0r312 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Click on 'em

In what upsidown world is the level of the opponents team up more important than the level of each enemy character?

Answer: MPQ

This change is just moronic.

What locked is refering to is that you can still see the level of each opponent, not just the level of their current Team Up. Its on the screen where you pick Boosts or Team-ups. You just need to click on each individual enemy to examine their levels, or see their match damage, or see their color/cover skills in the pop-up that follows.

Granted you can only look at one enemy at a time...but all the information is still there, and the format it appears in has not changed from before

Yep, last night I noticed that you can find the level of each enemy character by clicking on them. Just seems like an unncessary and odd change, but hey... life goes on. Thanks.