Patch Notes Discussion - R64 (Live: 11/03/14)

Options

Comments

• hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone else on Steam having it just not be able to update? It just sits in the queue trying to start but not starting...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hamsingame wrote:
    Anyone else on Steam having it just not be able to update? It just sits in the queue trying to start but not starting...

Yup.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hamsingame wrote:

In my case the entire patch downloaded at over 10 Mbytes/sec and then just hung there at 12 bytes/sec (yes bytes) for 5 minutes at the 99.4% mark before instantly completing.
    Something is screwy.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Not updating and not allowing me to launch the game. Eventually I get a note that says connection timed out and contact support.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I changed my Steam download server from my native Australia - NSW to one on the US west coast and it's now downloading
  • yogi_
    Options
    It does work eventually, you just have to give it whatever time it needs.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does this patch fix the leader board bug? This really needs to be a priority! No one can check old results and it makes it a real problem with respect to alliance planning and recruitment.
  • After doing a little bit of research voodoo i am convinced it is Havok. It is November, what the "Summer transforms into fall". Nobody says that. It has to be a Summers with a transformation ability. Also has to be a mutant. Havok is my best guess.

Small chance it may be Cyclops.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

As summer transforms to fall, a mutant waits in the shadows.

Apocalypse.
  • Since R63, several (if not all) Windows XP users was unable to run the game. This issue wasn't corrected in R64. Is it not going to be done anything about this at all?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since R63, several (if not all) Windows XP users was unable to run the game. This issue wasn't corrected in R64. Is it not going to be done anything about this at all?

I'd assume it'll never get addressed since XP hasn't been supported by Microsoft for like 6 months now. No one is going to test/patch for an OS that is dead.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Since R63, several (if not all) Windows XP users was unable to run the game. This issue wasn't corrected in R64. Is it not going to be done anything about this at all?

I'd assume it'll never get addressed since XP hasn't been supported by Microsoft for like 6 months now. No one is going to test/patch for an OS that is dead.

Moreso, it's hard to test on an Operating Platform of that ages, because there's likely not a machine running it laying around the office.
  • Was there a stealth change to make MMR worse in R64? Usually once I pass 625-650, I can finally see people with more points than me and find some good targets (35-50 points each). Today, up to 760 and still stuck in 17-20 point land. Makes climbing a pain in the ****.

Conspiracy alert - requires more shield purchases to climb.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Was there a stealth change to make MMR worse in R64? Usually once I pass 625-650, I can finally see people with more points than me and find some good targets (35-50 points each). Today, up to 760 and still stuck in 17-20 point land. Makes climbing a pain in the ****.

Conspiracy alert - requires more shield purchases to climb.

From 500 to 800 is generally the slowest part of pvp. Most of my matches have always been sub 25. No real changes here
  • Did I miss something?

Why is it that you can no longer see the level of each enemy character before going into a fight? They now show what Team Up boost the enemy has, but enemy levels..... nope, gone! Is MPQ living in bizzardo world?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Why is it that you can no longer see the level of each enemy character before going into a fight? They now show what Team Up boost the enemy has, but enemy levels..... nope, gone! Is MPQ living in bizzardo world?
    Click on 'em
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Click on 'em

I read this question as referring to number of covers, as the level of each character is right there in front of you as soon as you open a node. As far as I know, the only way to see whether you're facing a 5/5/3 or 4/4/5 (or whatever) level 166 something or other is to click on the name of your opposition to see his roster, then look for the characters he's chosen.

(Granted, if you know how many Blue covers it takes for a level 57 2* Daken's Chemical Reaction to convert 2 Blue tiles to Green and 2 friendly Strike tiles to normal tiles doing 167 per strike tile you can work it out, but I'd prefer just to see I'm facing 3/4/2 and plan accordingly.)

Naturally (and annoyingly) this isn't available in Gauntlet or any other PvE.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Click on 'em
    I read this question as referring to number of covers, as the level of each character is right there in front of you as soon as you open a node. As far as I know, the only way to see whether you're facing a 5/5/3 or 4/4/5 (or whatever) level 166 something or other is to click on the name of your opposition to see his roster, then look for the characters he's chosen...
    But we were never able to see the cover distribution of an enemy team via the fight screen (at least not for the better part of a year). Post-R63, what we "can no longer see" without clicking on an enemy character is the character's level, which I believe used to be displayed on the boost-selection screen on the enemy character tiles.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Click on 'em
    I read this question as referring to number of covers, as the level of each character is right there in front of you as soon as you open a node. As far as I know, the only way to see whether you're facing a 5/5/3 or 4/4/5 (or whatever) level 166 something or other is to click on the name of your opposition to see his roster, then look for the characters he's chosen...
    But we were never able to see the cover distribution of an enemy team via the fight screen (at least not for the better part of a year). Post-R63, what we "can no longer see" without clicking on an enemy character is the character's level, which I believe used to be displayed on the boost-selection screen on the enemy character tiles.

Now I follow.

Sometimes I see a new shop has opened in the street and for the life of me I can't remember what used to be there. I think this is one of those things, because I don't recall level ever having been shown on the screen that has FIGHT! on it. Memory of a goldfish.

They make up for the lack once you click on a character though, as it's displayed twice.
  • locked wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Did I miss something?

Click on 'em

In what upsidown world is the level of the opponents team up more important than the level of each enemy character?

Answer: MPQ

This change is just moronic.