Patch Notes Discussion - R64 (Live: 11/03/14)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
A very fine autumn day to you all. It's rather lovely outside among the trees these days. Yellow and orange leaves swaying in the breeze. Perfect weather for firing up another Marvel Puzzle Quest session!

Here's a look at what's on-tap for the R64 update. As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.

*UPDATE: If all goes to plan - we will be releasing the R64 patch on Monday, November 03, 2014.

R64 Preview:

As summer transforms to fall, a mutant waits in the shadows.

*UPDATE:
GAMEPLAY
    - Alliance sizes have been set to 20 for all new and current Alliances.

CHARACTERS
    - When Moonstone's
Control Shift takes over a Countdown tile that replaces itself (like Molotov Cocktail, Flame Jet, or Defense Grid), Moonstone now keeps ownership of the Countdown tile when it replaces itself. In addition to slightly strengthening Control Shift, this fixes some bugs where those Countdown tiles could have the wrong descriptions, or cause crashes, when they reverted to their original owners.

- Fixed a bug where, if a Team-Up Control Shift took control of a Countdown tile that did damage to its owner (like the Iso-8 Brotherhood Subject's Detonate power), an unrelated friendly character would take the damage. Now, because Moonstone isn't there to take the damage, no one takes it.

- Fixed a bug where the effect of matching Wolverine's Recovery tile was activating even if the Recovery tile was overwritten (by, say, Redwing).

- Fixed a bug that could cause visual artifacts if passive powers triggered while matching a Trap tile or Wolverine's Recovery tile.

- Fixed a bug where matching Wolverine's Recovery tile would never affect Locked tiles (now it can, and will shatter the force bubble/web on them).

- Devil Dinosaur's Prehistoric Arms was mistakenly using Prehistoric Bite's sound effects. Now his tiny little arms have their very own sounds! We're all so proud.

- Clarified the text of Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough ability (no change to its behavior).

UI, TWEAKS & GENERAL BUG FIXES
    - Made suggestions visible when using the HTC Sense keyboard. - Fixed a bug where all suggestions would be entered into chat when using some T9/predictive keyboards. - Fixed an intermittent crash after entering emoji into some text fields. - Improved the list of suggested Alliances you see if you visit the Alliance search page. You're now more likely to see more active Alliances. - Fixed a bug where a Team-Up description viewed at the moment a Team-Up is awarded could sometimes show the description for the wrong level of the power.

ANDROID
    - Fixed a crash when selling very large numbers of covers at once.

PC
    - Moved "STUNNED" and "DOWNED" labels so that they're easier to read.

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Any news on the post-event score screens not working any more?

Or 2* MsM having a 3* revive timer?
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Going out on a limb and saying the mutant is Cyclops. Scott Summers win me this bet

On a side note please throw Ghost rider / Carnage / Anti-Venom my way. Please.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Any news on the post-event score screens not working any more?

Or 2* MsM having a 3* revive timer?
    The former isn't R64, which was in first party before the bug surfaced and requires a client change to fix. The latter as far as I know is a server side change though, so that's a possibility.
  • Im on day 364 and I still can not see the enemy AP (and the 3rd character Im fighting) on my mobile device unless I scroll to the left every single turn.

Any plans to address this.... ever!?
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Clarified the text of Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough ability (no change to its behavior).

icon_mad.gif
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Im on day 364 and I still can not see the enemy AP (and the 3rd character Im fighting) on my mobile device unless I scroll to the left every single turn.

Any plans to address this.... ever!?

Yeah that's kind of remarkable, that this is so infinitely superior in the PC version. It's not like watching the enemy's AP is exactly useless.
  • Is the next character Shadowcat? And is she low in health, so that we'll actually have a Tinykitty in the game?
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Is the next character Shadowcat? And is she low in health, so that we'll actually have a Tinykitty in the game?

Crouching Shadowcat, hidden Lockheed hopefully. icon_razz.gif
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Is the next character Shadowcat? And is she low in health, so that we'll actually have a Tinykitty in the game?

My guess is the winner of the facebook fan favorite vote: Gambit.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

My guess is the winner of the facebook fan favorite vote: Gambit.

Fits with charged tile mechanics that were hailed by 4* Thor as well.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

CHARACTERS
      - When Moonstone's
    Control Shift takes over a Countdown tile that replaces itself (like Molotov Cocktail, Flame Jet, or Defense Grid), Moonstone now keeps ownership of the Countdown tile when it replaces itself. In addition to slightly strengthening Control Shift, this fixes some bugs where those Countdown tiles could have the wrong descriptions, or cause crashes, when they reverted to their original owners.

how about while you guys are at it, lower control shift's cost already, the real important thing people want from it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

icon_mad.gif

Not getting our hopes up is something, but making the ability not terrible would be better.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nightcrawler.

I think Gambit is the December character referred to some weeks ago when they were talking about a new idea about doing traps.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Options
    So I'm throwing a wild idea out there, but I'm thinking Madelyne Pryor. Reasons I think it might be is that 1)She's Scott Summers' estranged wife. 2) Fall of the Mutants. 3) She's essentially a villain hiding in plain sight.

If I'm reading between the lines too much then I'll go with either Cyclops (he's in Xavior's shadow!), Nightcrawler, or Shadowcat.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    So I'm throwing a wild idea out there, but I'm thinking Madelyne Pryor. Reasons I think it might be is that 1)She's Scott Summers' estranged wife. 2) Fall of the Mutants. 3) She's essentially a villain hiding in plain sight.

If I'm reading between the lines too much then I'll go with either Cyclops (he's in Xavior's shadow!), Nightcrawler, or Shadowcat.

IceIX said a few weeks ago that Cyclops wasn't even in their planning and I just can't see Shadowcat / Madelyne Pryor being well enough known characters compared to many that have not made an appearance. I am still going with Nighcrawler, who also has come near the top of polls for wanted new characters.
  • Xeonic-Ice wrote:

I'd say she's as likely as Super Skrull.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nightcrawler is my guess. Kitty Pryde isn't on the radar, and Kurt has that occasionally-remembered secondary power where he blends into shadows.
  • Imagine they made Mr Sinister as a character and that one of his powers was genetic splicing. And that let you combine the covers of any 2 characters (ie. thunder strike + fireball). Obviously. To compensate the potential overpower give it a greater cost and give him slightly reduced life
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]As summer transforms to fall, a mutant waits in the shadows.

My money is on Mystique or Nightcrawler.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

CHARACTERS
      - When Moonstone's

how about while you guys are at it, lower control shift's cost already, the real important thing people want from it.

Very much this. Make CS cost a thousand less AP, make Warp not have a random component and you have a solid 2* character with a good niche effect that will encourage variety.