*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Mentioned at the Marvel site. MPF Forum announcement

[anchor=blade3]Blade (Daywalker)[/anchor] URJl4Ae.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP:8670 Tile damage: 12/13/11/70/61/79/4.5
    Nightstalker - Black 8 blacktile.png
    Blade mercilessly makes a precision slash with his sword, dealing a crippling blow to his enemy. Deals 257 damage to the target, and then creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, draining 1 AP from the enemy's strongest color. (The drain acts as a Steal)
      Level 2: Deals 344 damage to the target Level 3: 344 damage and CD drains two AP strongest color Level 4: 427 damage Level 5: 591 damage, drains 3 ap
    Max Level: 1877 damage, drains 3AP
      Keep Your Enemies Closer - Purple 10 purpletile.png
      Blade ambushes his enemies, trapping them and leaving no escape for his wrath. Creates a Purple Attack tile with base strength 60, with bonus 22 strength for each friendly strike tile on the board (maximum 6 strike tiles)
        Level 2: Strike tile has base strength 82. Level 3: 82 attack with bonus 33 for each strike tile(max 6) (Max: Strength 260, bonus 105) Level 4: 120 attack(same bonus) (Max: Strength 382, bonus 105) Level 5: 2 attack tiles
      Max Level: 382 attack tiles, 105 bonus for each strike tile (1012 with 6)
        The Thirst - Green greentile.png PASSIVE
        Blade fights against his vampiric urges, using his thirst to fuel his rage. If there are 11 or more Red tiles on the board, Blade converts a random basic Red tile to a strength 20 strike tile.
          Level 2: Creates strength 24 strike tiles. Level 3: 11 red on the board, creates 28 strength strike tile (Max: Strength 82 strike tile) Level 4: 11 red, 2 strength 18 strikes Level 5: 10 red
        Max Level: Creates 2 Strength 58 Strike tiles

rcgkoHX.gif
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          My predictions based off of blog post info
          Black - 1.5k damage + tile that steals 2 AP / turn at 5 covers
          Green - 130 strike tile if 7 or more red tiles on board at 5 covers.
          Purple - Who knows cause the ability is complicated.

Looks like high tier just from ability descriptions and color coverage alone (active purple that doesn't look like it sucks? blasphemy!, also easy strike tiles if you dont prioritize red, and a decentish looking black)
        • What????????? Blade? Which one? Probably black leather suit but what if its classic?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5aqSzOFAbR8/R3yAJRwMd4I/AAAAAAAAAIQ/ewDkaY88Rcc/s1600-h/blade.jpg
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          My predictions based off of blog post info
          Black - 1.5k damage + tile that steals 2 AP / turn at 5 covers
          Green - 130 strike tile if 7 or more red tiles on board at 5 covers.
          Purple - Who knows cause the ability is complicated.

Looks like high tier just from ability descriptions and color coverage alone (active purple that doesn't look like it sucks? blasphemy!, also easy strike tiles if you dont prioritize red, and a decentish looking black)

If he's got black, it will have a trade off that's negative, I'm guessing it will relate to his bloodlust.

Green will be more than likely strike tile or board destruction

and as you said, purple who knows? I'm hoping a decent active or a cool passive like gain life by matching purple.
        • CrookedKnight
          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
          It's the leather suit. blog post.

Powers:

Nightstalker: 8 AP. Deals damage and places a countdown tile that steals AP from the enemy's strongest color every turn.

Keep Your Enemies Closer: X AP. Places an attack tile that is maybe improved somehow when there are strike tiles on the board, beyond the usual increase to damage, I guess?

The Thirst (PASSIVE). Places a strike tile when there are more than a certain number of red tiles on the board.
        • Boo on it being leather suit but yay on abilities. I may have a third person for my daken/patch/XXXX dance card.
        • I seriously doubt the improved damage for Pink as anything more than hype. Will probably be a straight attack.png tile.
        • TheHueyFreeman
          TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
          This seems like an obvious pairing with Daken. The left over active power colors would be red/yellow/green. There would be tons of options for that third wheel. icon_eek.gif
        • daibar wrote:
          I seriously doubt the improved damage for Pink as anything more than hype. Will probably be a straight attack.png tile.

Of course it will be. I'm guessing that "However" part was added for people who aren't familiar with the game already.
        • Nellyson
          Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
          A green passive!!! I thought that was the most amazing thing ever!
        • YES BLADE! I HOPE HE'S AWESOME...his HP max scares me a little....like Doc Failure
        • Never hope before you see the actual numbers icon_e_smile.gif
        • hurcules
          hurcules Posts: 519
          This seems like an obvious pairing with Daken. The left over active power colors would be red/yellow/green. There would be tons of options for that third wheel. icon_eek.gif
          Not red. His passive green depends on having red tiles on board. So bringing someone with active red would just deny his passive green.

So that leaves green/yellow/blue pairing for more complete colour coverage. So that would be IW or Beast, unfortunately.
        • There aren't any red tile generators in the game, are they? Iron Man doesn't count, he just restores AP, won't create actual tiles.
        • CrookedKnight
          Yeah, a Blade team is going to rely on green, blue and yellow powers for other people's damage, and preferably ones that don't shake the board. Patch, Daken...Ares?
        • wymtime
          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
          So with 6800 health he should heal faster after the match like DP, Patch, Daken? Daken Blade buffed character for Climbing, or Patch Blade buffed. Use all 3 in PVE for strike tiles everywhere and Blake will double damage with an attack tile. He looks like a very good character. I think he should have more health unless one of his powers also heals him in battle at level 5, but I don't think that will be the case.
        • Pwuz_
          Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
          hurcules wrote:
          Not red. His passive green depends on having red tiles on board. So bringing someone with active red would just deny his passive green.

So that leaves green/yellow/blue pairing for more complete colour coverage. So that would be IW or Beast, unfortunately.

I'd still keep someone with a Red ability on the team.
          1st: the AI needs an outlet for the Red.
          2nd: as much as you might try to avoid Red like the plague, you're going to end up with some Red. Better to have an outlet than just sit on it.

Human Torch and Sentry would be poor pairings, but who else destroys Red tiles with their abilities?
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Pwuz_ wrote:
          hurcules wrote:

I'd still keep someone with a Red ability on the team.
          1st: the AI needs an outlet for the Red.
          2nd: as much as you might try to avoid Red like the plague, you're going to end up with some Red. Better to have an outlet than just sit on it.

Human Torch and Sentry would be poor pairings, but who else destroys Red tiles with their abilities?

Torch works perfectly fine with blade. You just dont use fireball until the end of the match. Flame jets also gives you more strike tile triggers for good measure. Hes obviously not ideal since you want more colors than 4, but eh. Cmags probably works well with blade since cmags red can help replenish red tiles on the board after youve matched them away and the two cover 5 colors.
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          I'm guessing the minimum threshold for the strike tile will be similar to Hood's, probably needing more than 10 on the board, I'm assuming level up will just make the tile stronger or create more. If this is indeed the case he could be another solid PvP character. I'm curious if he will have accelerated healing since he is half vampire and heals quickly.
        • vudu3
          vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
          Torch works perfectly fine with blade. You just dont use fireball until the end of the match. Flame jets also gives you more strike tile triggers for good measure. Hes obviously not ideal since you want more colors than 4, but eh. Cmags probably works well with blade since cmags red can help replenish red tiles on the board after youve matched them away and the two cover 5 colors.
          Thor thor thor thor THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

Powerful red/yellow/green user but has a mediocre red so you won't be matching it much anyway.

Blade and Daken both have 6800 health. You're going to want to add a tank. Torch and cMags do not fit the bill. Hell, Panther could practically wipe out that entire team with one swipe.
        • CrookedKnight
          I'd worry about his yellow wiping out Blade's special tiles, but I guess in that scenario having strike/attack tiles to soften people up for Call the Storm and AP steal to accelerate it is a strong enough contribution.