Unstable ISO-8 - Oct 17 - 24

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Both my Essentials are Hard, nearly all the rest are Deadly. And if I don't feel like grinding this, I can always play a Hood PvP when I don't have his blue. This'll be a fun week!
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been grinding all available nodes almost perfectly since the beginning of the event. I've been number 1 or 2 the entire time. Now with this latest node rollover, 4 people jumped past me, and I'm in 5th and behind by 1500 or so. Even the deadly nodes are offering barely 400pts each. Am I better taking some time off the grind to let the base go back up? There's about 36 hours left, if I should wait, approx how long? Or do I just keep grinding? icon_redface.gifcardpack.png
  • Twoslot wrote:
    I've been grinding all available nodes almost perfectly since the beginning of the event. I've been number 1 or 2 the entire time. Now with this latest node rollover, 4 people jumped past me, and I'm in 5th and behind by 1500 or so. Even the deadly nodes are offering barely 400pts each. Am I better taking some time off the grind to let the base go back up? There's about 36 hours left, if I should wait, approx how long? Or do I just keep grinding? icon_redface.gifcardpack.png

It depends on what you're shooting for. If you're trying to get top 2 you need to keep grinding though it might already be too late. For a less ambitious finish there was no reason to have grinded this hard to begin with. With the rubberbanding being relatively weak these days there is very little intersting stuff you can do with it. Unless you've reason to believe people can't beat certain missions or they'll get abducted by aliens on the last refresh, the placement is pretty much a strict ordering of the base points done and that leaves very little room for fancy tricks.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It sounds like some people grabbed some extra grinding in right before the nodes changed. I don't think there are any more node changes the rest of the way but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Assuming there are no more node changes, you sound like you have the right strategy but I'll elaborate just in case - I'm not sure of your current timer but if you're in it for 1st or 2nd, you'll want to let the timer get back to full and then play every node 2.5 hours for the next 34-35 hours and then grind until you can't anymore that last hour or so. I've been scaled out of most nodes to do that every 2.5 hours but clear as many as you can like this. You've just got to hope each time you clear one of the deadly nodes, maybe someone else can't anymore.

Assuming you are human, however, still play as optimally as you can from above but before you go to sleep in a night, grind all the nodes to the amount of time you plan on sleeping - 3 clears will get you to 7.5 hours, which is what I usually sleep for.

If there is a node change at the maybe the 12h mark, do the same but grind away right before it changes over to catch up and hopefully overtake. Again, hope someone can chime in about it.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ummmm....so should I just quit now cause this PVE is getting absurd. Level 358 icon_venom.png and icon_ragnarok.png on one node...level 333 icon_daken.png and icon_bullseye.png on the showdown node and an "easy" level 242 icon_moonstone.png and icon_ragnarok.png on another...this is just dumb. All for a 2 star.png
  • Currently ranked 4th - probably no way of catching up to the bracket leader, who I'm pretty sure doesn't sleep, or is a shared account (numbers keep climbing throughout the day since the beginning of the event).

But 4th is pretty awesome and I keep thinking "Wow, I'm doing great in this event!" And then I remember I'm getting three 2* covers for this effort. Huzzah.

At least I got t25 in the Shulk pvp, and got my first Blue hood cover.

Really wish there was new PVE content coming soon.

/babbling
  • I had been on the fence about whether to try for top 20 or settle for top 50 - I got up to about 10th place before the last reset, so 20 is doable, but I tend to drop as low as about 35.

These latest nodes make settling look a lot more attractive.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I had designs on X-Force green, but this is ****.
  • Just joined, there are now 110 players in this fairly new bracket.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2014
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    After over 28 hours my bracket is finally full. When I joined it was already 25% full so I don't know how long it was open but it was probably close to 36 hours.

I joined last night thinking that there must be more then one bracket that is open. If so then I have bad luck because I got into yours. Somewhere way up ahead I can see you Vudu3 in second and thanks to rubberbanding I now have all of the progression rewards and I'm in 24th but don't really see myself catching you guys for the Xforce cover that I really wanted.

Should have waited longer.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not pushing for the X-Force cover so if you can pass me it's yours. Eventually scaling will get bad enough that I'll get bored and quit.
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Looks like it was a couple of euro people going to bed, they've been inactive since the switch, back into 2nd. But deadly :daken is a hideous beast. I also dislike the one where the commander feeds moonstone purple ap.
  • Twoslot wrote:
    Looks like it was a couple of euro people going to bed, they've been inactive since the switch, back into 2nd. But deadly :daken is a hideous beast. I also dislike the one where the commander feeds moonstone purple ap.

Bring along icon_daken.png of any sort and you'll laugh off gravity warp all day long.
  • loroku wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    I joined on Monday and the top of my bracket is already at 68K (love the rubberbanding). The good news is there are only about 40 people that kept playing past the 40K progression, so doing the 2 essentials every 3 hours is enough to stay in the top 20, which suits my lazy PvE mentality very nicely.
    So jealous of your lazy bracket. I was nervous after the last two PvEs where I juuuust missed the progression reward, and then juuuust made the reward, so I jumped in way too early. If I'd have known I would have waited at least two days.

I was going to jump in today, but all the talk on here about crazy scaling scared me and I cared a lot more about making 35K than top200. The other advantage of lazy play - my scaling seems more reasonable than most. 1 Easy, 5 Normal (both essentials) and 4 Hard.
  • BrandonE
    Options
    Very satisfying to actually be able to pull off a normally trash Control Shift TU fighting Pyros and have the flamethrower take down the enemy team. icon_e_smile.gif
  • BrandonE
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Twoslot wrote:

Bring along icon_daken.png of any sort and you'll laugh off gravity warp all day long.
    Thanks for that. I was taking AWolvie and occasionally taking a hit, but OBW, 2cap and 2daken did a marvelous job of cleaning Moonstone's clock. Better than AWolvie anyway, since I always used AdmSlash and then needed the cap red a turn or two later. This way, I had no red competition anyway.
  • BrandonE
    Options
    Anyone else's node "Maggia in Greece" flipping back and forth between that and the Moonstone node from the previous cycle? Very strange behavior.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BrandonE wrote:
    Anyone else's node "Maggia in Greece" flipping back and forth between that and the Moonstone node from the previous cycle? Very strange behavior.

Yes, this is happening to me, too, and IIRC, this also happened during the last run of the event.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    BrandonE wrote:

Yes, this is happening to me, too, and IIRC, this also happened during the last run of the event.

Same here. I cleared the "Maggia in Greece" node and it just changed to "Moonstone" now along with the countdown timer. Ironically enough the point value is now almost double what the original node was worth.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am getting murdered by scaling. Best character is 114 Cap and all nodes are deadly. I'm going to have to give up on this.