Unstable ISO-8 - Oct 17 - 24

Options

Comments

• I'm finally getting some solid 3*'s to play with (3+ at 100+ levels) and I'm hitting nodes that are ridiculously hard for me.

Used to be PVE was a bastion of relatively challenging but still doable play, and away from the horror that is PVP. Now, I don't even get that.

MPQ - slowly taking away all you love since 2013!
  • Wiped once and had to retreat 3 times (with a near dead Cap so effectively a wipe anyway) on level 342 Congo. Last time was with ISO boosts.

Looks like I'm going to need to go in fully boosted to stand a chance (and probably wipe anyway.) No, its not worth it point wise, but if I don't do it this will be the first PVE node in a long time that I've been unable to beat at least once. Honor is at stake here!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is why my 3* characters are staying in the 94-100 range until I get a fully covered PVP-optimal team and the ISO to bring them to 166 immediately. Being in the intermediate range screws you out of both.
  • SolidQ wrote:
    Holy tinykitty the Congo node is tinykitty crazy hard. Anyone beat that without boosts?
    One time beating them with Steve + Xforce+ Hood it's was hard battle. After that i try very old combo Spidey + Punisher + MagnetoMN and beat them very easy 2 times.

P.S Node 395 lvl

Without boosts? How? I'd think you'd be half dead due to match damage before even getting 9 purple, spidey's shields are nothing compared to match-3s at that level.

Hmm, maybe I should take a break from levelling my 3*s and finally max MNMags. Then again, my own Spidey is only level 127, and Punisher 150, so I wouldn't have the same results anyway.
  • I'm finally getting some solid 3*'s to play with (3+ at 100+ levels) and I'm hitting nodes that are ridiculously hard for me.

Used to be PVE was a bastion of relatively challenging but still doable play, and away from the horror that is PVP. Now, I don't even get that.

MPQ - slowly taking away all you love since 2013!

I think I read somewhere else on the forum that this particular event is one of if not the first competitive PvEs they ever ran. Consequently, the format suffers from all the teething problems they've solved in subsequent events since then. No subs, for instance, so the scaling is just mental after 6 days on the same map. That's way before my time, so I don't know for certain. I could be talking ****.

At least it's only for a 2*, and it's nowhere near as bad as the last 2 character introductions that were on Heroics.
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone remember if nodes change again here in half an hour? Would like to sneak in an extra round if it does, but don't want to blow my chance by shorting myself. My bracket still very tight at the top (5 within a few hundred pts)
  • I think I read somewhere else on the forum that this particular event is one of if not the first competitive PvEs they ever ran.

Yes, this was the first-ever PVE, and it shows. They need to revamp it to at least include subs, because as-is, it's almost (though not quite) as bad as a heroic.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    second day in a row ive wasted a lunch, burned all my health packs and many boosts and got nothing to show. hard to beat a board when the computer wont even put the colors you need in play.
  • Please stop...

I would like to stop burning everything on these nodes, but I'll be damned if I drop from 1st place when I've been 2nd place in global points for about 4 days now. Lukewin passed me on his last clear, so I'm 3rd now, and Wanneh's (global leader) points are just ridiculous.

Please decide which of you will be 2nd, because you guys have been jockeying for it for several days now...
  • BrandonE
    Options
    Please stop...

I would like to stop burning everything on these nodes, but I'll be damned if I drop from 1st place when I've been 2nd place in global points for about 4 days now. Lukewin passed me on his last clear, so I'm 3rd now, and Wanneh's (global leader) points are just ridiculous.

Please decide which of you will be 2nd, because you guys have been jockeying for it for several days now...
    How can you tell who the global leader is?
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow, I just team wiped on a trival node on the third turn due to a miracle cascade.......I'm still goin, "what the tinykitty?......"
  • BrandonE wrote:
    Please stop...

How can you tell who the global leader is?

Not worked out what the global leader score is this event as I had not need to with the way I am doing the nodes. But a good rule of thumb of late is if your main does not have the bracket leader they be sitting just at the limit of where the rubber band kicks in so add about 11-12K points to your mains leader and you be in the right ballpark. From my bracket that put them on about 106-107K points. If you know a nodes base points you can get a much better estimate but as I said not figured them out for this event.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    Not worked out what the global score is in this event as I had not need to with the way I am doing the nodes. But a good rule of thumb of late is if your main does not have the bracket leader they be sitting just at the limit of where the rubber band kicks in so add about 11-12K points to your mains leader and you be in the right ballpark. From my bracket that put them on about 106-107K points. If you know a nodes base points you can get a much better estimate but as I said not figured them out for this event.

Actually, I was a little lazy, I just checked through the top 10 alliances, and compiled that with anecdotal evidence. I'm currently a couple hundred below 98k, and Wanneh (Hatsune Miku) has 108k.

I've hit these refreshes like clockwork for several days now and have yet to not finish a clear. So, unless there's an outlier with higher points than the 3 of us (Wanneh, lukewin, and me) I was right?
  • This is why my 3* characters are staying in the 94-100 range until I get a fully covered PVP-optimal team and the ISO to bring them to 166 immediately. Being in the intermediate range screws you out of both.

With the anny iso, I just took my main group from 110 to 120 last week. This would be LCap, Hood, Hulk, Torch, Psylocke, Sentry, and Patch (13 covers); Falcon (12 covers; Panther (11 covers); Daken (10 covers); and X-Force (8 covers).

With that group, PvE is still reasonably scaled (usually 1 or 2 boosted from that group) and PvP keeps getting easier. It's when you only have 1 or 2 characters leveled high above the rest that screws you in PvE
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    My scaling has been awful since the start almost.
    A new batch of nodes appears, and they are like 280+ level.
    I've had to ignore the non-goon fights because match damage kills me, and if it's a bad board, I can't get the colors I need. Even when I do win, I'm so damaged at the end it's almost not worth it.
    I'll probably just barely be able to stay top 50, but with a team of maxed Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, and Hood, I should be able to do much better. I refuse to use +AP boost for every match.

They really need to lower the max levels in PVE. They raised them because of Spiderman/OBW Teal Healing & Patchnato, but now that both of those tricks are gone, they need to bring max levels back down a bit. It's one of those nerfs that feels like "yeah, we know we said we put this in there to address something else entirely, but we don't really feel like taking it out now." That whole "this too will pass" ****.

Level 395's are not fun at all to fight. There's too much luck involved in this game to make the margin for error that small with some **** cascade or a dry board on colors you need.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Worri wrote:
    My bracket is a bloodbath. The top 30 keep playing and grinding. The top 5 have just passed or will pass 90k soon.
    I think I am in your bracket.
    Trying to stay in the top 20 but the grind is wearing me out since every break I take results in me dropping 5-6 spots which I then have to grind to regain my spot.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please stop...

Is your in game name Digimon1208 of Damaged Souls? If not, I'm not even first in my bracket. I don't care about global points, but the past 6 days is for nothing if I don't get that X-force Green. I know there's no way I'd ever catch up with Wanneh. I'm currently at 100.530, Wanneh's at 109,210. Digimon1208 has 101,628, already has a maxed X-Force, and is playing to cover a 2nd X-Force.
  • My scaling has been awful since the start almost.
    A new batch of nodes appears, and they are like 280+ level.
    I've had to ignore the non-goon fights because match damage kills me, and if it's a bad board, I can't get the colors I need. Even when I do win, I'm so damaged at the end it's almost not worth it.
    I'll probably just barely be able to stay top 50, but with a team of maxed Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, and Hood, I should be able to do much better. I refuse to use +AP boost for every match.

They really need to lower the max levels in PVE. They raised them because of Spiderman/OBW Teal Healing & Patchnato, but now that both of those tricks are gone, they need to bring max levels back down a bit. It's one of those nerfs that feels like "yeah, we know we said we put this in there to address something else entirely, but we don't really feel like taking it out now." That whole "this too will pass" tinykitty.

Level 395's are not fun at all to fight. There's too much luck involved in this game to make the margin for error that small with some tinykitty cascade or a dry board on colors you need.

Well normally the levels get reset on a new sub which is why you don't see 395s on other events. Unstable Isotope has no subs, so no reset of enemy levels either.

I always thought the sub resetting was a bogus way to deal with an issue. It's like we know scaling is unfair but we'll reset it before it gets totally unfair, so it's just sort of unfair?
  • Why exactly are people with 3* rosters grinding this much anyway? Do they really want the new 2* that badly? It's not like the next PVE where she'll be essential will introduce a new 3*.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Wiped once and had to retreat 3 times (with a near dead Cap so effectively a wipe anyway) on level 342 Congo. Last time was with ISO boosts.

Looks like I'm going to need to go in fully boosted to stand a chance (and probably wipe anyway.) No, its not worth it point wise, but if I don't do it this will be the first PVE node in a long time that I've been unable to beat at least once. Honor is at stake here!

That Congo node has Lvls 395 for me, and it took THREE Sentry bombs within the same fight to take it down, ugh icon_mad.gif