Unstable ISO-8 - Oct 17 - 24

Options

Comments

• SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Anyone else wish you could get TUs from goons? I would love being able to lay down a 3 turn CD tile that does 4988 damage for only 4 AP, or two 1369 strength strike tiles for 6 AP.

Muscles are so out of proportion with anyone else it's ridiculous. The first time I played that node in the prologue with them in it I thought "what the hell?!?" It wiped me out so fast my head spun. I didn't come back to it for quite some time to collect the rest of the 2* Thor covers.

I still think the strike tile value on Threaten has an extra digit on accident. I remember running to them and the first time and it's like 'what the...???' I think Tommy Gun used to do way more damage too, not that it was needed, but that was nerfed in TaT in the first iteration of scaling because Muscles was one shotting entire teams.

I have thought the same thing many times. The strength of Muscle relative to another goons is soooo far apart, it just feels like a mistake. It could be a mistake that D3 later decided to make just part of the game, but, it's hard to imagine that this was the original design.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have to laugh. icon_lol.gif

Does Muscle and other super-strong Goons who can drop CD tiles at a whim (at extremely low cost) need to be nerfed?

(Yes, I think they do; that amount of damage is crazy and to think that any time we get close to such damage numbers per cost for any characters, people scream for a nerf!)

Seriously, though, that's CRAZY. Just INSANE.
  • SunCrusher wrote:

Does Muscle and other super-strong Goons who can drop CD tiles at a whim (at extremely low cost) need to be nerfed?

(Yes, I think they do; that amount of damage is crazy and to think that any time we get close to such damage numbers per cost for any characters, people scream for a nerf!)

I am sure D3 think a pair of 1.3K strike tiles is not problem.
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:

I am sure D3 think a pair of 1.3K strike tiles is not problem.

I've died from those things enough times to know that my game is over if they manage to pop out and match damage can be done. The fact that they cost so little is just unbelievable. icon_e_sad.gif

Silent Strike is hitting me with enough power to trigger Storm's passive ability and THAT costs very little, too! I'd love to keep doing group damage for very little AP even though it's not a lot each time (though it adds up)!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    98k 2nd in my bracket, so ready for this to be over
    At this point if rather finish 20th than 3rd
  • I bet if you're allowed to take 3 level 166 Muscles for PvP you'd do quite well. Yes some teams can absolutely clean you up but the characters good against Muscles aren't typically good against other players, so I think you'd still be fine even if you're using a team that can't ever move the board.
  • Left for work half an hour ago at 62nd or something, hadnt cared much for this event until the prospect of the ** being an essential for Blade....now very nervous will miss T200 but couldnt see myself playing the tablet at work :/
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Am a 2*er grinding it out because I'm an idiot. Have 87.5k and currently sit 59th in my bracket. Top ranked player (DoubleZero) has 101k.

It wouldn't be so bad if the progression rewards hadn't dried up days ago. Why do they keep those so low?
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    It's been nice taking this PvE easy, I think I ended up completely skipping one set of nodes. But the crazy rubber banding and ridiculously weighed point values in essentials over normal nodes means I'm still currently at #72 with 82.5k points. I think I'll aim for top 100, which I doubt I can reach since I'll be asleep the last two hours of the event. Oh well :S
  • SunCrusher wrote:

I love the sniper iteration that drops 1HKO tiles for 0 AP
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    *watches the top two duke it out for 1st and 2nd place... despite them both having X-Force fully covered and watches as the points keep climbing*
  • Phantron wrote:
    I bet if you're allowed to take 3 level 166 Muscles for PvP you'd do quite well. Yes some teams can absolutely clean you up but the characters good against Muscles aren't typically good against other players, so I think you'd still be fine even if you're using a team that can't ever move the board.

Ideally for PVP with goons you'd want a Muscle with a cheap attack tile/AOE character (Punisher) and Hood - as we all know having a character move the board around gains extra AP and brutal match damage from the Threaten Strike Tiles. Muscle can probably also tank yellow & blue for Hood. This team might actually be faster than Sentry bombing...scary thought.
  • Red Panda wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I bet if you're allowed to take 3 level 166 Muscles for PvP you'd do quite well. Yes some teams can absolutely clean you up but the characters good against Muscles aren't typically good against other players, so I think you'd still be fine even if you're using a team that can't ever move the board.

Ideally for PVP with goons you'd want a Muscle with a cheap attack tile/AOE character (Punisher) and Hood - as we all know having a character move the board around gains extra AP and brutal match damage from the Threaten Strike Tiles. Muscle can probably also tank yellow & blue for Hood. This team might actually be faster than Sentry bombing...scary thought.

Sure, but that wouldn't be remotely fair. I'm saying Muscles are so powerful that I'm willing to consider taking 3 of them straight up in PvP and play without the ability to move the board. Of course I wouldn't say no if I am allowed to move the board with their uber Threaten tiles.
  • Am a 2*er grinding it out because I'm an idiot. Have 87.5k and currently sit 59th in my bracket. Top ranked player (DoubleZero) has 101k.

It wouldn't be so bad if the progression rewards hadn't dried up days ago. Why do they keep those so low?

Because D3 doesn't like giving away covers for people doing practically nothing, which is the current amount of effort needed to get them. They used to try to pace them to be challenging goals, but most of the time it just means nobody in the entire game got them, so after a while they gave up and just lowballed on the progression scores but also stopped giving away anything truly exciting as a tradeoff. There were a lot of coveted covers in the past on progression rewards, but over half of the time nobody in the entire game got them and that was pretty dumb too.
  • I'm fairly new, just completed my first max 2* team, just started doing PvEs seriously a month or so ago.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that has trouble with Muscle nodes. After the first couple days, I just stopped doing any node with a Muscle + Hero. It's getting to the point where I have to boost blue AP in some of the all-goon nodes just to get past the initial barrage of by delaying with Anti-Grav Device. I don't know if I'm getting bad color draws or what, but it seems like there's never enough to go around. The thug-hitman-hitman node (Iso-8 Raiders) is up to 252s and half the time I just get boat raced.

I appreciate a challenge, but this is starting to feel like work.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Am a 2*er grinding it out because I'm an idiot. Have 87.5k and currently sit 59th in my bracket. Top ranked player (DoubleZero) has 101k.

Because D3 doesn't like giving away covers for people doing practically nothing, which is the current amount of effort needed to get them. They used to try to pace them to be challenging goals, but most of the time it just means nobody in the entire game got them, so after a while they gave up and just lowballed on the progression scores but also stopped giving away anything truly exciting as a tradeoff. There were a lot of coveted covers in the past on progression rewards, but over half of the time nobody in the entire game got them and that was pretty dumb too.

Ah, well, harrumph. I can see not wanting to give covers away for nothing. Hopefully, a middle ground will emerge eventually.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    90k. Just outside top 20, I just am not going to be able to make it. It's just not worth it.

Devs, I know you are unlikely to read (or care about) this, but sort out this mess of having to grind to keep in the top X. You know, "True Healing is bad for real gameplay and fills in time that you could be spending playing other games that don't involve healing".
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't know how about you guys, but I'm just happy that this tinykitty is finaly over! icon_twisted.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whew, 103.5k to take 2nd in my bracket with 3rd only 600 points behind
    that was an exhausting week
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    #2 after a week of grinding. Had to set aside some ISO for boosts in the end, every single node was over 250. Didn't touch the 395 Daken and Venom nodes.

Seriously considering just not looking at the rewards tab and just playing a couple times a day after this.