Widow Maker

Options

Comments

• To emphasize how borked the scoring is, again...

I had ~250 points, put in a scrub team, beaten down to 74 points. Attacked by someone with probably 25 points. I lose 4 points. And since then I've been attacked again... losing another 4 points.

Even in Lightning Rounds (even Hood!) this doesn't happen. Once you get down that low every loss is -0 to -2 points.

I really hope the devs get back soon.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    forget what caused it, but someone pissed me off so I decided to dominate my bracket

Just sat there with 700 points lol

I think it was somebody in my bracket attacking me multiple times in a row
  • I don't know about anyone else but I am seriously getting anoyed with modern storm in this tournament and her spamming abilities, (red cost 5ap, then use thored rose, then use red again, then use green, then use black, black widow will then jump in with a stun and steal ap, ironman with his yellow and it starts all over again) I'm not even getting a fair chance half the time against teams of 1* guys. icon_twisted.gif
  • If you place #1 do you get the rewards for ALL of the lower placements as well?
  • No, you just get the 3 IM40 covers in addition to the things listed for 1st.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    No, you just get the 3 IM40 covers in addition to the things listed for 1st.

Which is still really nice. I won my bracket in the first Widow run through just for the IW cover and sold the IM40's for some nice extra HP in addition to the prize HP. I think I used it to buy my 30th cover slot.
  • Seriously this game is frustrating 6 hours ago I was in 15th I go on I am now 159 after loosing 165 points this game is bull.
  • bongo king wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else but I am seriously getting anoyed with modern storm in this tournament and her spamming abilities, (red cost 5ap, then use thored rose, then use red again, then use green, then use black, black widow will then jump in with a stun and steal ap, ironman with his yellow and it starts all over again) I'm not even getting a fair chance half the time against teams of 1* guys. icon_twisted.gif

Lol agreed. It's even worse if she's paired with a Thor and starts feeding him crazy AP, plus OBW draining all your AP with recon. I've actually lost to this once icon_twisted.gif
    Now I always target her first... luckily she's pretty easy to explode in 2-3 turns.

Anyway finally got something useful out of the 4th and last token... black OBW. Need only one more to cap her... yay! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ****? I just got hit by a jakoglasna who hit me with a lvl6 BW lvl10 M sorm and lvl6 iron man who beat my LVL66 GsBW lvl115 Rags and lvl115 spidey. There is definitely a hack out there and people are uaing it. Got hit for -48 pts. What the hell.
  • ****? I just got hit by a jakoglasna who hit me with a lvl6 BW lvl10 M sorm and lvl6 iron man who beat my LVL66 GsBW lvl115 Rags and lvl115 spidey. There is definitely a hack out there and people are uaing it. Got hit for -48 pts. What the hell.

Send in a report via the email address as well as posting here.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    ****? I just got hit by a jakoglasna who hit me with a lvl6 BW lvl10 M sorm and lvl6 iron man who beat my LVL66 GsBW lvl115 Rags and lvl115 spidey. There is definitely a hack out there and people are uaing it. Got hit for -48 pts. What the hell.

Send in a report via the email address as well as posting here.

Did that. Thanks. Surprised how many people are pushing in my bracket for bag lady. Guess its bc its a yellow cover.

Probably you got hit with a better team and then the other person switched out to tanking team before you retaliated. I've been doing that this tournament a lot. Put in the heavies and blast my way up to whatever reward I want and then put in the scrubs. Im sure I left a few people scratching their heads as to how I beat their teams with level 1 juggernaut, level 1 modern widow, and level 6 bag man. What they can't see is that my lineup when I hit them was grey widow, ragnarok, and Spidey.

Probably you got hit with a better team and then the other person switched out to tanking team before you retaliated. I've been doing that this tournament a lot. Put in the heavies and blast my way up to whatever reward I want and then put in the scrubs. Im sure I left a few people scratching their heads as to how I beat their teams with level 1 juggernaut, level 1 modern widow, and level 6 bag man. What they can't see is that my lineup when I hit them was grey widow, ragnarok, and Spidey.

That shouldn't happen, unless the devs changed something. The team you fight in a retaliation is supposed to be the team that defeated you.

More experienced forum goers will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure when you attack someone they see and get to retailiate against whatever team you attacked with. If you put in a tanking team everyone else who sees you will see your tank team but those you attacked will still get to retaliate against your attacking team
  • I managed to lose 48 points in one match. I'm pretty sure 50 is the maximum possible by the formula. It was like attacked by a guy with 30 points while I have 650 rating. Beat that!
  • Phantron wrote:
    I managed to lose 48 points in one match. I'm pretty sure 50 is the maximum possible by the formula. It was like attacked by a guy with 30 points while I have 650 rating. Beat that!

Well I ti3d you then. I too lost 48 points from that one match. I would have received 3 for a retaliation back.
  • I guess I don't quite understand the matchups. Until this tournament, everyone I tended to face was kinda scrub. But in Widow, *every* team I face seems to have a level 35+ Widow and level 50+ adds. My biggest team is still a 46 Thor, a 37 Wolvie, and a 32 M.Widow, and if I fight with them, I often get beat down so far I need two Venom runs minimum to heal back up, or I get defeated and end up spending 3 heal packs just for a measly 15-20 points. What the heck happened to these tourneys?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mehhh wrote:
    I guess I don't quite understand the matchups. Until this tournament, everyone I tended to face was kinda scrub. But in Widow, *every* team I face seems to have a level 35+ Widow and level 50+ adds. My biggest team is still a 46 Thor, a 37 Wolvie, and a 32 M.Widow, and if I fight with them, I often get beat down so far I need two Venom runs minimum to heal back up, or I get defeated and end up spending 3 heal packs just for a measly 15-20 points. What the heck happened to these tourneys?

Maybe you screwed up your MMR by placing really well in the last tournament? I noticed that people were better, too, though. In that tournament, I could barely make it below 100th place. But in No-Holds, I can get to 15th easily. Wonder why?
  • I wish there's a limit of no more than 20 retaliation in an hour.

Was tempted to attack Nemek's team but then that'd require actually studying the board to pull off an infinite combo, though I lost 3 games that all have a similar form of Thor getting 3 Thunder Strikes off before I have enough for Take Aim, which I didn't even think was possible.
  • Maybe you screwed up your MMR by placing really well in the last tournament? I noticed that people were better, too, though. In that tournament, I could barely make it below 100th place. But in No-Holds, I can get to 15th easily. Wonder why?

I guess that's possible. I don't remember how well I did in the last tourney. Unless it was the previous Widowmaker, in which case I know I did poorly (top 500, mayyybe). If that doesn't count and it goes back to the tourney before that, it was... No Man's Land? In which case, I was constantly throwing up a 32 M.Widow, a 32-ish M.Storm, and a 16 Moonstone against whatever. And I'm pretty sure I won no covers, meaning I was maybe top 250 at best.

Of course, now that I look into it - MMR's supposedly a function of your W/L ratio, right? As opposed to your rank? So maybe that's what screwed me.