Widow Maker

Options

Comments

• But if you let a bunch of fights stack up, you should only lose the first one that appears in the M. Widow slot as long as you don't skip it. If you keep beating the ones in the OBW slot the next fight should pop up there. Right?
  • the moose wrote:
    Another nice thing about OBW I just realized is that the strike tile damage gets factored in twice if you max her black. You get the strike tiles added to the match damage and then again with the extra damage from her passive. Her passive acts kind of like attack tile damage. Man I love me some fishnets!

Don't speak of this anymore. They will nerf it.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    Another nice thing about OBW I just realized is that the strike tile damage gets factored in twice if you max her black. You get the strike tiles added to the match damage and then again with the extra damage from her passive. Her passive acts kind of like attack tile damage. Man I love me some fishnets!

Don't speak of this anymore. They will nerf it.

They know
  • the moose wrote:
    But if you let a bunch of fights stack up, you should only lose the first one that appears in the M. Widow slot as long as you don't skip it. If you keep beating the ones in the OBW slot the next fight should pop up there. Right?

I think that's how it normally works. So leave one in that slot alone. If that particular widow of yours is weak save it for the end of the tourney. If it's worth a decent amount at that point make it the last retaliation you do.
  • Rewards pretty underwhelming for me. Max IM40 red and don't want too many yellow. Going to get to 250, then tank for you guys
  • Judging by this thread everybody and his mother are tanking. Well I still need 1 blue and 1 red for IM40 so show me your bagmans icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Started to send in my bagman/Yaleena team to tank and then decided i might as well see if i can score first place. I'm gonna try to snag me an IW (said no one ever) and some HP. You never know if/when they will fix her and maybe I'll be greatful for the covers.

And i certainly hope they don't nerf OBW's black as it is her only attack skill. Although the way Ice worded that reply it seems to me they are going to change it.
  • If I had a nickel for every time I triggered one widow's ability and expected a different one...
  • the moose wrote:
    Started to send in my bagman/Yaleena team to tank and then decided i might as well see if i can score first place. I'm gonna try to snag me an IW (said no one ever) and some HP. You never know if/when they will fix her and maybe I'll be greatful for the covers.

Yep still after an IW cover myself in case they make any PvE events require her.
  • I'm after #1 in this tournament simply because yellow is the only IW cover I'm missing (color wise... total covers -- lots, I suppose, but I don't care). I just want one color of each, and yellow has been elusive.

That said, I find it disingenuous that they advertise X-Force Wolverine (as useless as he is) as a reward. Yes, technically, he is. 1400 Progression Reward. That is not currently reachable with the broken PvP scoring / matchmaking. I challenge D3 to show that anyone has earned a 1400 reward since Bad is Good.

Grumble. Get off my lawn!
  • I thought it meant they were included in the Widow special packs in the store.
  • Really appreciating OBW. I think I enjoy her more than grey suit. Right now I'm pairing her with a max rags and level 100 hulk. Considering putting Wolvie instead of hulk when I try to push, but still, this is a rather fun event for trying new things
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Really appreciating OBW. I think I enjoy her more than grey suit. Right now I'm pairing her with a max rags and level 100 hulk. Considering putting Wolvie instead of hulk when I try to push, but still, this is a rather fun event for trying new things

Level 100 Hulk...oh boy LoL

How much life does he have? Just curious.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Really appreciating OBW. I think I enjoy her more than grey suit. Right now I'm pairing her with a max rags and level 100 hulk. Considering putting Wolvie instead of hulk when I try to push, but still, this is a rather fun event for trying new things

7016 right now
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:

7016 right now

That's a sexy amount of health right there
  • Top score in my bracket is so low I might try and make a run and snatch some IM40 covers. Never gonna level him anyway... but whatever icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Also playing OBW is a lot of fun! I just hope I do not end up in Wolverine zone and have to sell em for 125ISO each... what a waste that would be icon_cry.gif
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been slowly building up my OBW, so man do I love this tournament. She is a ton of fun to use. I could really use some Wolverine covers so I'll be aiming for that ranking.
  • Man I threw out bagman, a lvl1 BW and lvl1 yelena and only 3 people have hit me in a day. Free iso people.
  • Hit 800... another modern widow icon_e_sad.gif
    IceIX if you're reading, this is not cool, not cool at all man icon_cry.gif
  • The token is all of 50 HP. It's not a true Heroic token -- I'd bet 80% or more are going to be Modern Widows.

Even so, it's a better buy than the "New Recruits" guaranteed Hawkeye or Widow tokens on the very first page.