Widow Maker

Comments

• Is it just me, or does the points curve for this one not appear broken? I setup my Tanking team (though, the more I think on it, the more appealing trying to get the blue IM40 cover is), and I'm not seeing the huge point losses I was seeing the last few tournaments. I only got up to 400 points before subbing in the D-team, so that might be why I suppose. But my first loss was to a 150 point team, and I only appear to have lost 17 points.
  • Last week they did the two different scoring systems for each tournament. It's probably going to be set up the same way.
  • I get hammered in this tournament. Losing tons of points each time I get hit. But I also haven't tanked a tournament in awhile.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only prizes on display I don't have maxed are the 4* covers. So I'm just gonna get some ISO and aim for the three standard tokens. It's relaxing!
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Is it just me, or does the points curve for this one not appear broken? (Snip) I only got up to 400 points before subbing in the D-team, so that might be why I suppose.

Yes, that's why. I went up to 500. Just got hit for 34 and the retaliation is worth 22.
  • Should I go with...
    BW/ Wolvie(5/3/5) (85) /Thor (85)

Or throw Spidey into the mix somehow? He's level 87 and is 3/4/4
  • As long as Spidey's not taking the matches from Widow, I'd say he's not a bad add. Thor will probably get you through matches faster though.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    As long as Spidey's not taking the matches from Widow, I'd say he's not a bad add. Thor will probably get you through matches faster though.

hmm, gotcha. Thanks for the advice!
  • These last few hours have been surprisingly active. Quite a few people in my bracket have been pushing up. Fingers crossed that I end up in a top spot.
  • Yeah, I wanted IW but cba to play. #1 in my bracket seems to want it pretty badly.
  • windfallstar
    windfallstar Posts: 268
    edited January 2014
    Everyone at the top is within a win or two within each other. I think this will definitely come down to who gets attacked the most at the end. I'm still a fairly new player so I'd be perfectly happy just to get those Iron Man covers, but getting a **** cover for once would be sweet as well.

Edit: Just checked again and lost 200 points. I don't think I'll be able to climb up in time. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.
    Edit 2: Okay that was intense. I ended up with a net -200 or so points from 30 minutes left. Looked like I was getting attacked 3 times for every 2 wins. Either way ended up top 20. So glad I got at least 1 cover but not too happy with the results overall.
  • Man I'm tired of all the ones spending money boosting all your characters up jumping on us that have put in work and grinded to get where we are.... I was in top 5 lost 100+ points to teams fully maxed out grrr lol rant over
  • deano128 wrote:
    Man I'm tired of all the ones spending money boosting all your characters up jumping on us that have put in work and grinded to get where we are.... I was in top 5 lost 100+ points to teams fully maxed out grrr lol rant over

I play with an almost fully maxed out and I don't spend money.
  • The hammering for points is getting ridiculous. I come out of a fight for ~23 points or so, only to find out I've lost like 94 between 3 matches that I couldn't do anything about. It's absurd and not fun when you can't maintain first for ****.
  • deano128 wrote:
    Man I'm tired of all the ones spending money boosting all your characters up jumping on us that have put in work and grinded to get where we are.... I was in top 5 lost 100+ points to teams fully maxed out grrr lol rant over

Did it ever occur to you that those players may also have put (more) work in and grinded to level their characters up? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    deano128 wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that those players may also have put (more) work in and grinded to level their characters up? icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh I'm sure some may have but I'm sure a lot didn't also...was just an early morning rant anyway...so I'm over it lol
  • damn, totally forgot this tourny...im surprised no one hit me in the last hour
    finished top 175, not as low as I planned to
  • Yea all in all I can't complain did climb from 175 to end up 34 at the end so it was a fair finish IMO even tho I didn't need the wovie covers
  • jozier wrote:
    The hammering for points is getting ridiculous. I come out of a fight for ~23 points or so, only to find out I've lost like 94 between 3 matches that I couldn't do anything about. It's absurd and not fun when you can't maintain first for tinykitty.
    I completely agree. It's quite demoralizing to see a lower point total after winning a battle. It's possible to lose like half the points in a few minutes that takes way longer to build up.
  • Ended #2 icon_e_sad.gif

Was briefly #1, but then got hit twice knocking me down 80 points between the two, and the #1 guy seemed to almost never lose points. And I doubt his team was much scarier than mine (140 Spidey, 115 Rag, 105 GWBS). There really seem to be some people who aren't showing up in matchmaking except as retaliations... speaking of which, the retaliation code is also seriously borked, since over half the retaliations I got mysteriously disappeared in the stacks. Maybe if enough of us comment on it it'll actually get fixed.

All I wanted was the yellow IW cover. I'm so bloody sick of this broken PvP scoring code. Hopefully there will be a patch next week to fix this junk.