Deadpool, Cap. Marvel, She-Hulk, Beast, Colossus - WHEN?

Options
12346»

Comments

• djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Well no revenue means no game.
    Too new meaning that they want players to purchase the token packs during the PvP/ subsequent PVE
  • Possible suggestion. Rework the reward structure so the top is still the same, but add in a new layer after a single 3* cover and have it be a single OLD 3* cover. Like so:
    1: Fury + sentry x3
    2-5: sentry x3
    6-25 sentry x2
    26-100 sentry x1
    100-200 loki x1
    200+ 2 star.png something

This would let them keep the newest characters as the rewards in more tournaments instead of stopping to make sure we have more chances to get Rags and Doom, but still have opportunities for transitioning players to pick up older characters with regularity and let vets missing that one cover of someone intentionally take it easy to get something they need.

Most importantly this would require only the simplest of changes for D3 to implement giving them the outlet to keep people progressing, and the freedom to add everyone into the token pool without making the problems worse. Vets can't abuse the system to get more covers than usual but transitioners are given a huge boost. Best part is this plan would really help now in the present, can be expandable to even more tiers in the future if needed but buys D3 more time to fix the underlying problem without the players rioting on them.
  • Just add tiers into HC tokens. After redeeming the token, you get to choose which tier you want.
  • I opened a red She-Hulk in a Prodigal Sun reward token. Don't know about heroic token though.
  • Lanko8 wrote:
    I opened a red She-Hulk in a Prodigal Sun reward token. Don't know about heroic token though.

She's been in event tokens for a while, but not standards or heroics.
  • Well it came true for me. DP is the reward for this event and I'll have him fully covered for free before he was ever an option in the token pool. I have 100 heroics and over 300 standards saved that I banked for him specifically....

I dont even know what to say about this anymore. Its past incompetence. It seems intentional now. For what reason I do not know but I'll tell you I have had much less fun with your game because of this. I play less, I score less. I get no daily rewards to keep me coming back because of this. I understand hording tokens is my personal choice but it is the smart choice.

I chuckled at your sale yesterday.

I'm so far away from spending money on this game now its a joke.
  • Dr Magic PhD
    Options
    Do you guys know if Deadpool is ognna be like the Sentry event where all the big people in the game are gunning for him?
  • Do you guys know if Deadpool is ognna be like the Sentry event where all the big people in the game are gunning for him?

I would assume many top players have a 166 DP already. But they are gonna score the most no matter what the reward is.

So then you have the next crop of players with half his covers and a great roster to climb and hop with. He is the best character added to the game since Sentry (not counting Xforce changes). Colossus and Cap Marvel are close to him but I think most players want a fully covered DP more.

Translation: YES
  • Do you guys know if Deadpool is ognna be like the Sentry event where all the big people in the game are gunning for him?

He may be higher demand, since he's been given out less, fewer people have him maxed (only people who spend HP on covers and maybe a handful of very lucky people have him maxed), and the end-time is much better for people in the US.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Do you guys know if Deadpool is ognna be like the Sentry event where all the big people in the game are gunning for him?
    You bet. I have fewer covers for Deadpool than for newer characters Colossus, Beast and Doc Ock.

Many of us will be too busy gunning for that 2400 Beast cover in Sim. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Seriously though, it will be madness.
  • My icon_deadpool.png is currently at 5/3/2 which is every cover that had been available as a reward since his introduction. If I can grab a top five in icon_sentry.png I'll have a third fully covered character who is still not in tokens. icon_shehulk.png has been done for a while, and even though icon_caroldanvers.png could use a blackflag.png to respec to 3/5/5, she's still git 13 covers.
  • People probably don't care but...did anyone else notice they pulled Bagman from the tokens? Seems counter-productive (pulling characters from tokens instead of adding them).

I mean, you can still get Bagman from PVP wins (and maybe standard tokens too but I haven't seen him from there in a long time either) but still, this continues to fall under the "everyone should be pullable" portion of the program.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They replaced his odds with Human Torch (Johnny Storm) to keep the percentages stable.

And now, per the new topic, that's what they'll be doing with 3* characters too, on a rotating basis. Which isn't the worst idea in the world, I don't think.
  • After all the time and discussion their answer is "the thing we already did once already". Great.