Children of the Atom 17 - 19 Sep

Options

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shielded until the end.... but getting hit a lot. I wonder whether I'm still visible (ala Kyip).
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I know there's points to be had here but I'll be damned if I can ever see anyone worth more than 25 - and I have to waste about 200 ISO each time to find those fights icon_e_sad.gif
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I saw the same until about 850 points, then found decent matches up to about 1150, then mostly back to 25 or less. I just hate hitting the skip button to see a match worth 3 points, happened a lot to me today.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have gained 23 points since I shielded at 1321 from 3 or 4 different people. I would have lost at least 200 points from other people, but still. This is the most effective defensive team I've had in ages.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I know there's points to be had here but I'll be damned if I can ever see anyone worth more than 25 - and I have to waste about 200 ISO each time to find those fights icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm in the same boat but the ISO can be made up in other areas of the game. I'm not so much a stickler about spending ISO to skip when Lightning Rounds, Simulator, and PvE offer ISO easily gained.
  • @Levi Strauss. If u are aiming for #1 in our bracket, feel free to jump me...i wont fight u for it. im not interested in the IW cover. If u want it and can get above me, its all yours. cheers.

marc
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Savagedan... you can have 1st. You're just one match away. I see you need the cover and wasn't planning to hop over you. Was just trying to break 1300, and wound up 1st.

So, done for event... won't be fighting you for it.
  • First event i ever broke 900 in. pretty surprised to be honest.

It was fun but took a bit for me to assemble a decent team
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First event i ever broke 900 in. pretty surprised to be honest.

It was fun but took a bit for me to assemble a decent team

a lot of people had soso teams, i was surprised how easy it was to find winnable matches in my pool
  • wymtime wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    anyone know which team is more of a defensive deterrent?

Lthor/Ldaken/ywolfy
    Lthor/Ldaken/Sentry

It depends on the levels but I would say Sentry. YWolfy is still preety squishy even when buffed.

I am runinig Patch, LDaken, Psylock. LDaken makes Psylocks red go out so much faster and since she is not as leveled Daken still tanks a lot for her. I don't know if I will get any defensive wins but I don't use a lot of health packs.

I haven't leveled my X-Force at all so I'm using the same team and got quite a few defensive wins. 5 blue and/or 5 red can do some major, major damage. Berserker Rage + 5red+6black+5blue (plus match damage and the attack tile) will easily kill pretty much the entire enemy team as long as it doesn't have hulk or xforce
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    I was actually quite skeptical about how I'd fair against buffed X-Force but he's actually not much of a problem for my team. My buffed lvl140 Patch fared far better than I expected. With a 3/5/5 build, he pretty much demolishes X-Force with TBTI. Considering that's the only 3* X-Men I have leveled, he's tanking most colors not occupied by C.Storm. I'm going to start investing in Psylocke though, maybe Colossus if I can get a fully covered one soon despite not being that big a fan of him. Need that AOE though.
  • Not sure how our bracket is going to ultimately shake out, but huge props to telliot from 5DP for an incredible climb. telliot went unshielded for more than 20 minutes, climbed from 6th at 1046 I think, up to 3rd at 1318 before shielding. And was hit or wiped at some point along the way. Crazy impressive stuff.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I was actually quite skeptical about how I'd fair against buffed X-Force but he's actually not much of a problem for my team. My buffed lvl140 Patch fared far better than I expected. With a 3/5/5 build, he pretty much demolishes X-Force with TBTI. Considering that's the only 3* X-Men I have leveled, he's tanking most colors not occupied by C.Storm. I'm going to start investing in Psylocke though, maybe Colossus if I can get a fully covered one soon despite not being that big a fan of him. Need that AOE though.

As long as you deny black, X Force is manageable, though if they ever get Surgical Strike on a halfway decent color it's usually game over.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I was actually quite skeptical about how I'd fair against buffed X-Force but he's actually not much of a problem for my team. My buffed lvl140 Patch fared far better than I expected. With a 3/5/5 build, he pretty much demolishes X-Force with TBTI. Considering that's the only 3* X-Men I have leveled, he's tanking most colors not occupied by C.Storm. I'm going to start investing in Psylocke though, maybe Colossus if I can get a fully covered one soon despite not being that big a fan of him. Need that AOE though.

As long as you deny black, X Force is manageable, though if they ever get Surgical Strike on a halfway decent color it's usually game over.
    Yeah... I'm not even bothering with denying black. He doesn't do enough and I'm not even going to bother when I can one-shot him. Once he's down, there's not much worry with the other members on the team.
  • I seriously don't know why I play PvP anymore, I haven't broken 300 in a month. The matchmaking system makes it impossible (without buying mass quantities of health packs). I have one level 166 character (Punisher) and only one other character above 110 (Hulk; not exactly a ton of synergy there since Hulk can't tank anything for Punisher at that level), and every match is against all level-166 teams. Why do I keep getting placed against teams I have no chance against? I just want the heroic token. But every team I can face has a max Patch, Psylocke, X-Force, etc. PvP is a never ending cycle of people kicking my **** just so they can turn around and sell the covers for 500 ISO. It sucks.

Edit: Finished 350th in my bracket. Like, I tried my hardest and came up 300 and **** 50th. I don't have a chance to win anything. Why can't they fix this?
  • That was quite the interesting thing there.

YvRNr84.jpg

Huuuuuge thanks to TooBadUnknown for the last moment points pushing me back into T5 (I was at 1316 prior to that). My sympathies to Drdarelittle who missed T5 by 1 point (yes, we were 1318, 1317, 1316 for a while) with a score that earlier today was crushing the bracket.

Picked up my 5th and final star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png as well.
  • LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks Phaserhawk icon_e_sad.gif I only needed that blue cover to complete my icon_invisiblewoman.png .
  • Phantron wrote:

Yeah... I'm not even bothering with denying black. He doesn't do enough and I'm not even going to bother when I can one-shot him. Once he's down, there's not much worry with the other members on the team.

Surgical Strike followed by a X Force can definitely kill Patch just fine, and if Patch is your highest character then your strongest color is green. Sometimes I can one shot Patch on just Surgical Strike. It's literally a one shot them before they one shot you deal.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    7azG1cbl.jpg
    Very nice move by LstHwn at the end to take first - I'm glad it went to someone who could use the cover.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    7azG1cbl.jpg
    Very nice move by LstHwn at the end to take first - I'm glad it went to someone who could use the cover.

Poor Botz. The feels man, the feels.