Children of the Atom 17 - 19 Sep

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    y2fitzy wrote:
    I was really enjoying a quiet climb to the 550 or so before work. Since then have been - for want of a better word - buggered by a gaggle of maxed boosted 3*s. Brutalised.

To add insult to injury have been on the receiving end of a couple of killer cascades too. I thought Mags and Storm were supposed to be awful on defence icon_lol.gif

Some advice though. Up to now have been running maxed Stormneto with AWolvy. He's only level 50 odd preboost but fully covered, which puts him up at level 97 I think. Is he a better bet than a maxed Thor/Ares?

If you have Stormneto and have MHawkey at level 4-5 in purple he would be a perfect offensive fit for a 2* team. If you are just comparing Wolvie-Thor-Ares Ares is my preference as he has greentile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png and because his greentile.png can be used with as little as 5 it can easily finish off someone that Storm does not. Thor takes a little longer to get going, but will give you great AOE attacks.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RPRezo wrote:
    I noticed something strange playing in this event today: a bunch of players with no 3-star chars and little fully made 2-stars... yet having a lot of X-Force covers. Is it just a weird coincidence, or something else?

More money than sense? Buying 42-packs and ditching any 3* covers that are not for the 1 or 2 characters they want?

Though if they have been hitting some easy brackets, #1 (sometimes #2) does walk away with a 4* cover.

There is also the possibility they have been cheating.
  • RPRezo wrote:
    I noticed something strange playing in this event today: a bunch of players with no 3-star chars and little fully made 2-stars... yet having a lot of X-Force covers. Is it just a weird coincidence, or something else?

He was a S5 top 100 reward for alliances. I got one as well.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plus if you get sharded into a really low-level PvP bracket while you're still in the early phases of the game, it gets a lot easier to steal a #1 overall finish or two. Combine that with good token luck and there you go.
  • RPRezo wrote:

X-Force has been in tokens for a good long time. it is/was actually easier to pull him then an individual 3*. Also daily rewards have had him alot.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    X-Force has been around for so long that it's quite easy to have several covers without ever winning one from top PVP/PVE placement. By the time I earned my first one my X-Force was half covered from lucky token pulls. As dragma mentioned, X-Force is more common in tokens than any single 3* character. You currently have a 0.8% chance of pulling an X-Force from a Heroic token. I don't know the exact number but I'd wager that a new player will open a few hundred Heroic tokens and close to a thousand standard tokens in the first 3 months of play. Even with average luck you're looking at 3 or 4 X-Force covers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Is this where I point I haven't won a single one of the 12 covers my X-Fixed has icon_e_biggrin.gif

(Although I suppose we won one as an alliance last season...)

I've been sticking to Betsy, Daken and X-Force/Patch so far and it's been working pretty well, apart from Betsy tanking all her colours. Even with her needing a healthpack every two or three matches I'm still climbing a long way - quickly! - before I run out of steam.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just started Children of the Atom today, and have had fun with Patch, Psylocke, C. Magneto. On the bright side, the buffed characters tank colors for Magneto, and his shield counteracts Berserker Fury well enough (when I don't have to pop Fury early as a clutch move to prevent a nuke). On the down side, my Psylocke at level 150 unbuffed is close enough in levels to Wolverine that she not only has a higher red color, but with the buff is also overtaking him on purple. Not that I have any powers with this grouping that use purple, but I'd much prefer if she wasn't taking the damage for four match colors.

I've considered throwing Black Panther in for Magneto instead as a defensive option, but haven't tried it yet. Thoughts? (BP is currently 5/4/4, Magneto is currently 5/5/3)
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hoping to climb to 1300 -- over 1100 now -- but I'm not too concerned with the #1 finish.
    Hopefully this becomes a bloodbath later with folks trying to get Colossus so there's some higher-value targets unshielded out there.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    So yeah, guys, if you are any higher than 700 and still have me queued, I'm not a very good target: I'm at 678 points at the moment and not touching the event until the -3h or -2h mark. I tanked my score down after getting black X-Force, and didn't want to screw anyone's hopping on purpose. But after getting these I kinda started to feel like an evil overlady. Mwahaha!

5HSE6eJ.png98UkyK9.png

icon_yelena.png Bagpsy at work!
    Lesson learned? Check your target! If not top 10 alliance wise or close to your own alliance in rankings, SKIP! Yeah you better skip Djangos this PvP - the rest are even nuttier than me!

Edit: and skip us for the rest of the Season, too icon_razz.gif
  • I am shielded out for the event at 1300+ so feel free to whack away. Don’t need IW so unless I fall out of top5, #2 and #3 feel free to jump past me as I won't be fighting you for first.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    I just started Children of the Atom today, and have had fun with Patch, Psylocke, C. Magneto. On the bright side, the buffed characters tank colors for Magneto, and his shield counteracts Berserker Fury well enough (when I don't have to pop Fury early as a clutch move to prevent a nuke). On the down side, my Psylocke at level 150 unbuffed is close enough in levels to Wolverine that she not only has a higher red color, but with the buff is also overtaking him on purple. Not that I have any powers with this grouping that use purple, but I'd much prefer if she wasn't taking the damage for four match colors.

I've considered throwing Black Panther in for Magneto instead as a defensive option, but haven't tried it yet. Thoughts? (BP is currently 5/4/4, Magneto is currently 5/5/3)

I like Mags and even though mine is also 553, its a cascade party with xforce. Not sure your levels but both are solid. I ran DP, xforce and hood as my team. Really enjoy not using sentry all pvp again.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awww...Ben, couldn't you have waited another minute. icon_cry.gif
  • Awww...Ben, couldn't you have waited another minute. icon_cry.gif

Sorry; were you unshielded? I saw 46 points and my eyes rolled around dollar signs like a cartoon character. I'm done, so feel free to retaliate, if it's worth anything (which I realize it probably isn't). I'm shielded for the duration. Does it make you feel any better that it pushed me over 900 and I got a red colossus from the token? (I realize the answer is no).

In any case: I'm done; shielded for the rest at 920 (got a defensive win right after I shielded). Not unshielding; top 5 is out of reach (or, at least, not worth the 300+ hp it'll cost me in shields). Everyone, feel free to attack me.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's all good. It's the risk we take when hopping. Just griefing you a bit for fun. icon_razz.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, I swear the heat seeking MMR is worse this event than usual. I almost got to 1100 three times now, just to be sniped by people @800 who are worth tiddly squat to hit back
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5th is at 1200 right now, with 6th at 1051. 3-Xmen in the top 5, X-Men 2 guy at 6th, X-Men 4 guy at 7th. This is the last time I ever join in the mornings: I've already spent 300HP shield hopping, which is 225HP more than I've ever spent on a tournament in the last 2 seasons, ugh.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Ugh, I swear the heat seeking MMR is worse this event than usual. I almost got to 1100 three times now, just to be sniped by people @800 who are worth tiddly squat to hit back
    I actually had you queued up before you posted that. Was going to hit you to climb up to 900 but decided to just take a break instead.
  • Spoit wrote:
    yep, when I was going for 1300 earlier, I got sniped by someone in the 600s and lost -49 so that was a pain.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I actually had you queued up before you posted that. Was going to hit you to climb up to 900 but decided to just take a break instead.
    I'm shielded for the next hour or so, so if you haven't tossed me off that node, go ahead