Children of the Atom 17 - 19 Sep

Options

Comments

• He was a member of an X-team, which is probably the criteria they're using.

I'm going to have a tiny useful boosted roster in this (though so will a lot of people, I guess). 50% isn't enough to get me to use Lazy Storm, since she's terrible, my Deadpool is still only at 8 covers, same with Beast (plus he's almost as bad as Lazy Storm), Colossus will be at 5 covers by the last day, and still not usable, and that basically leaves 2 Wolverines and Psylocke as useful boosted.

Maybe use CStorm, but I kinda doubt it.
  • I'm running Patch, Daken, and Psylocke for now, which is a good combo on its own.

Not sure how well it will work for this since Daken clearly won't be tanking for Psylock in several colors.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ._. Wut? No Magneto (Classic) buff? I also believe Deadpool is a self-proclaimed X-Man since he's not a mutant.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    bahukma wrote:
    Deadpool should not be on this list. Not a mutant, never an X-man.

He was briefly an X-Man, as in "maybe a story arc or two".

Longer tenure than, say, the original Thunderbird.

True on T-bird. R.I.P. John.

The only Deadpool stories where he could be considered an X-man would be his tenure as part of X-Force. Beyond that, I can't think of any. Certainly not in any of his solo books. I mean, there was one arc in the Daniel Way run where he kept calling himself an X-man but the X-men made it pretty clear that he was not.

Also, Mags has been on the heroic side for several years now. Late Brubaker/early Fraction era.
    Although that will likely change again soon.
  • Membership in X-Force, in their incarnation as the black-ops team for the X-Men, means membership in the X-Men.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since its only x-men that gets boosted I think I will go for X-Force/Psylocke/Hood. Daken is also an option but he can only tank purple and his strike tiles are not as effective against other boosted chars. Hood is as good as ever on offence without needing to tank any of the colors and still annoying on defense.
  • bahukma wrote:
    Also, Mags has been on the heroic side for several years now. Late Brubaker/early Fraction era.

Mags was an X-Man for the better part of about 50 issues, mainly in the form of the New Mutants' headmaster, a long time ago as well.

Still doesn't mean he's remembered for it nearly as well as his tenure as THE chief X-Man villain.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't he one of Cyclops' X-Men right now? Thus MMN being boosted but not Classic Mags?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    bahukma wrote:

Mags was an X-Man for the better part of about 50 issues, mainly in the form of the New Mutants' headmaster, a long time ago as well.

Still doesn't mean he's remembered for it nearly as well as his tenure as THE chief X-Man villain.
    That's true, but its questionable that his solo counterpart is being given a buff in this PvP though. He's still an anti-hero at this point either way you look at it. Why should Marvel Now mags be considered an X-Men, and not Classic Mags?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    bahukma wrote:

That's true, but its questionable that his solo counterpart is being given a buff in this PvP though. He's still an anti-hero at this point either way you look at it. Why should Marvel Now mags be considered an X-Men, and not Classic Mags?

Because MNMags has the X on his belt?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options

Hate that answer but I'm gonna accept it. There's no real argument to that.
  • How, exactly, is Deadpool not a mutant? He's the cobbled together powers of 10 other mutants put on top of Wade Wilson, who was a mutant to begin with wasn't he?
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dont think him being a mutant was confirmed or denied.

However, he qualifies as an Xman
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I certainly don't think of Deadpool as a an X-man, but he has spent a lot of time around various members, most especially Cable. So maybe an honorary (in his own mind) X-men.

And there is this:
    7040390.jpg

@TheHueyFreeman,

Is the image in your signature from Afro Samurai?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    I certainly don't think of Deadpool as a an X-man, but he has spent a lot of time around various members, most especially Cable. So maybe an honorary (in his own mind) X-men.

And there is this:
    7040390.jpg

@TheHueyFreeman,

Is the image in your signature from Afro Samurai?

huey's signature pic is from the boondocks tv show
  • Teke184 wrote:
    bahukma wrote:

I forgot about that! Good catch!
    There was also the period in which he was an amnesiac de-aged version of himself named "Joseph".
    Because comics.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Membership in X-Force, in their incarnation as the black-ops team for the X-Men, means membership in the X-Men.

I'll accept this despite the fact that membership in Wolverine's X-Force was off the books. Also the fact that the majority of the X-Men outside of the loop had a real problem with the team when their existence was revealed (Both times).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Best Answer EVER.
  • Really lame that Avenger and the bad guys get 100% buff but Xmen only get 50%.

Some down right discrimination right there.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Really lame that Avenger and the bad guys get 100% buff but Xmen only get 50%.

Some down right discrimination right there.

What are you, some kind of Mutie lover?!

Those abominations should be happy they even get a buff at all!