Earth's Mightiest 15 - 17 Sep

Options

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had two defensive wins this night and no defeat.
    Defensive wins have definitely increased recently but I'm not sure why.

Maybe because after R60, Ai is slightly harder to defeat?
    Often, player who 'offer' this defensive wins to me have weaker roster than me and shouldn't have tried attacking me to my opinion.
    So, newbie's mistake or AI improvement...?
  • Thor, thor everywhere
  • DrNitroman wrote:

Often, player who 'offer' this defensive wins to me have weaker roster than me and shouldn't have tried attacking me to my opinion.

In this event? Because The Hood, Sentry, and Daken are not boosted and less likely to show up. They're not only powerful but they tend to be characters that are overwhelmingly advantageous on offense. That is, if you have the opposite villian boosted fight you'd still have Sentry + Hood + Daken bombing each other by turn 3 and since their boosted offense cancels out their boosted HPs you'd expect the same old offense domination. In this event, an Avenger line up top team might be Nick Fury + Thor + Black Panther. Well, none of those guys have a strong damaging move that's under 4 matches, so even max boosts you'd need 2 matches of a given color instead of 1 match in 2 colors. This also creates a negative feedback into using boosts, since if you're not certain you can win quickly enough even while using max boosts you'd be less likely to waste your HP on boosts in the first place. This makes fights much close to even and favors the defense, and given the insane boosts to the Avengers, you can't exactly use the old tried and true Sentry bomb when the level 322 guys can easily withstand a World Rupture + Sacrifice combo.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    In this event? Because The Hood, Sentry, and Daken are not boosted and less likely to show up. [snip]
    It makes sense.
    If they lost because they are used to fast characters + boosts... well this event will be a reminder for them that other char can be strong. icon_twisted.gif
    As you guessed I currently run LThor+BP+Steve Rogers: very slow, very strong (with event's buff)

But the next time I record a def win, I have to check that opposing player has actually leveled some char as Hood, Sentry ...
    I have to watch if this trend persists after this event or maybe just a false impression
    (after all maybe I'm so used to attacks that I naturally remember more easily the defensive wins!)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What Phantron said. I'm running BP/Thor/Nick Fury exactly to have deathy abilities in every colour (wish I could squeeze Deceptive Tactics or Star-Spangled Avenger in there somehow, but oh well), even if my Fury is woefully underleveled and undercovered yet.
    Fights are not laughingly easy even against non-maxed 3*s or 2*s, and I will probably need to use a good TU every fight. Last similar event, Nefarious Foes, Sentry/Hood/Daken were buffed to the stratosphere and there was 0 reason to run anyone else, since the buffed team coincided with the strongest offense/defense team perfectly. Well, Daken/pre-nerf Magneto/Hood could be used to climb without extensive healthpack usage, too.
    At least hopefully after this event devs will see that no one likes to run Falcon without Daken, and no one wants to run She-Hulk/Spider-Man/2* Cap/IM 40/Captain Marvel/mHawkeye/Beast, period. Marvel at 3/5/5 has her uses but maybe 1-2% of the players have her at this build and maxed.

Thor/Hulk/lazy Cap/BP/Nick Fury, all event. With guest star GSBW to assist for Thor who can handle every single team by himself this time since his usual banes oBW/Hood are more or less banished.

Edit: forgot Mohawk isn't buffed.
  • Been running Regular Thor/A Wolvie/mHawkeye mostly and Thor/MNMags/mHawkeye up for defense. Pretty easy run to top 10 in my bracket for now 450+ in one go is new.

When I put up my defense team I made 2 match-5's with polarity shift and the cascade made another one, then the board filled up with purple. 2 CD tiles doing 2k each....downed full health max Thor and did 8k damage on their other character. Speed shot will definitely be used by me in PvE for goon only nodes where I can keep the CD tiles on the board.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Laken/falcon is still usable, since most of your strike.png value comes from falcon now anyway. The unboosted HP does make you more of a target though
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Laken/falcon is still usable, since most of your strike.png value comes from falcon now anyway. The unboosted HP does make you more of a target though
    Falcon/Daken were very good in the recent Falcon event because a) Daken has more health against other standard 3*s due to regen b) Falcon was buffed past being a twig. This time, Daken looks puny next to 20k health behemoths of Hulk, Thor, BP, etc. Even GSBW has 11k health. Falcon is still buffed but most power players this event have no tiles to buff (except BP, but BP/Falcon are a poor combo anyway) and no tiles to remove (oh really? You have trouble against Cap even with a huge buff?), so Falcon is really useless at the moment.

Edit: although A.Wolvie/Falcon do make a decent pair.

Edit-edit: forgot the troll team of Falcon/Spider-Man. If you use it, kudos... And know that entire MPQ playerbase hates you icon_lol.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:

In this event? Because The Hood, Sentry, and Daken are not boosted and less likely to show up. They're not only powerful but they tend to be characters that are overwhelmingly advantageous on offense. That is, if you have the opposite villian boosted fight you'd still have Sentry + Hood + Daken bombing each other by turn 3 and since their boosted offense cancels out their boosted HPs you'd expect the same old offense domination. In this event, an Avenger line up top team might be Nick Fury + Thor + Black Panther. Well, none of those guys have a strong damaging move that's under 4 matches, so even max boosts you'd need 2 matches of a given color instead of 1 match in 2 colors. This also creates a negative feedback into using boosts, since if you're not certain you can win quickly enough even while using max boosts you'd be less likely to waste your HP on boosts in the first place. This makes fights much close to even and favors the defense, and given the insane boosts to the Avengers, you can't exactly use the old tried and true Sentry bomb when the level 322 guys can easily withstand a World Rupture + Sacrifice combo.

Sentry bombing is still very much possible with daken falcon sentry combo. If you have 1 green match and 1 yellow match and you would have 400 damage strile tiles on board, you can quickly increase this to 1000+ with a few yellow/green match.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Edit-edit: forgot the troll team of Falcon/Spider-Man. If you use it, kudos... And know that entire MPQ playerbase hates you icon_lol.gif

I come here to learn and get ideas, and sometimes make half-baked suggestions. This is a quirky team, if only because it takes a loooong time to play. I really like seeing 1 damage, right up until I get hit by Call The Storm, and even then it's not that bad really.

I'm now alternating it (lvl 80 2/5/5 icon_falcon.png and lvl 90 5/5/3 icon_spiderman.png) with lvl 25 2/5 icon_blackwidow.png / lvl 90 1/2/1 icon_nickfury.png and lvl 95 3/5/4 icon_shehulk.png / lvl 90 5/2/5 icon_blackpanther.png , always with my trusty 100 3/5/4 icon_hulk.png.

Thanks for the suggestion. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hmm, I think the smileys are a little OTT.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Decided to make the old fashioned easy climb - im40 yellowflag.png and hood feeding a cap shield frenzy. Swapped out to a team the ai is less likely to mess up when I decided to stop for a while. Served as a reminder that im40 needs reworking - 1 or 2 yellow is just better than having more.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    What Phantron said. I'm running BP/Thor/Nick Fury exactly to have deathy abilities in every colour (wish I could squeeze Deceptive Tactics or Star-Spangled Avenger in there somehow, but oh well), even if my Fury is woefully underleveled and undercovered yet.
    Fights are not laughingly easy even against non-maxed 3*s or 2*s, and I will probably need to use a good TU every fight. Last similar event, Nefarious Foes, Sentry/Hood/Daken were buffed to the stratosphere and there was 0 reason to run anyone else, since the buffed team coincided with the strongest offense/defense team perfectly. Well, Daken/pre-nerf Magneto/Hood could be used to climb without extensive healthpack usage, too.
    At least hopefully after this event devs will see that no one likes to run Falcon without Daken, and no one wants to run She-Hulk/Spider-Man/2* Cap/IM 40/Captain Marvel/mHawkeye/Mohawk/Beast, period. Marvel at 3/5/5 has her uses but maybe 1-2% of the players have her at this build and maxed.

Thor/Hulk/lazy Cap/BP/Nick Fury, all event. With guest star GSBW to assist for Thor who can handle every single team by himself this time since his usual banes oBW/Hood are more or less banished.

Agree with phantron and locked. The best heroes are the buffed avengers.

For a challenge, I ran Hulk, lthor and Lcap against a max BP,Lcap and Fury team. I went in without boosts and was trying to deny black while I build up my COTS or Lcap shield. A lucky cascade caused the AI to get a lot more yellow, he fired off Fury yellow calling all avengers out, and the rest is history.

I will dread the day when boosts are taken away, because it's so hard to get a 100% win without the boosts.

On the other hand, I have been enjoying this pvp because I like lcap, and trying to maximise the use of the health packs (by choosing who gets hit) was very challenging and fun.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had far more defensive wins than usual too, though I think being stranded in 2* land helps in that respect, with this event at least. Have been hit by plenty of people who, I assume, are being blinded by their 3* who only have one or two covers being boosted.

Your 3* Thor may be a higher level than my 2* one, but his one green ain't gonna do much damage compared to my five.

Fun times, though the fact Thor is the only boosted character that I have fully levelled is a pain
  • locked wrote:
    no one wants to run She-Hulk/Spider-Man/2* Cap/IM 40/Captain Marvel/mHawkeye/Mohawk/Beast, period. Marvel at 3/5/5 has her uses but maybe 1-2% of the players have her at this build and maxed.

I hope what your borsch maker skill much better, than this analytics. icon_lol.gif Imo, She-Hulk is one of the best new characters. After I maxed her — she one of my often used chars in main team. Same with Danvers.

About others:
    IM40 — is always pretty solid choice and I regularly play with him even now. Especially in PVE or heroes LR.
    Mokay — after R60 he like **Sentry and for ** peoples is decent hero. Fact: Before R60 he was one of my unloved chars, who have place in roster only for essentials nodes and Heroics. Now I want maxed him and play not only when he needed or buffed.
    Beast — yeah, he not very good at first look, but when he maxed and placed in right team, he may be real threat. No jokes.
    Mororo — never like any Storms, but seen her in many teams.
    **Cap — if you don't have Super Steve, he may be useful even in PVP. Especially, when your goal is Top50 or Top100. Of course, his red is puny, but almost free and he have decent stun and awesome shields for late game. Remember, in MPQ life exist even beyond the boundaries of Top10-25 or various Elite Clubs on forums. icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    locked wrote:
    no one wants to run She-Hulk/Spider-Man/2* Cap/IM 40/Captain Marvel/mHawkeye/Mohawk/Beast, period. Marvel at 3/5/5 has her uses but maybe 1-2% of the players have her at this build and maxed.

I hope what your borsch maker skill much better, than this analytics. icon_lol.gif Imo, She-Hulk is one of the best new characters. After I maxed her — she one of my often used chars in main team. Same with Danvers.

About others:
    IM40 — is always pretty solid choice and I regularly play with him even now. Especially in PVE or heroes LR.
    Mokay — after R60 he like **Sentry and for ** peoples is decent hero. Fact: Before R60 he was one of my unloved chars, who have place in roster only for essentials nodes and Heroics. Now I want maxed him and play not only when he needed or buffed.
    Beast — yeah, he not very good at first look, but when he maxed and placed in right team, he may be real threat. No jokes.
    Mororo — never like any Storms, but seen her in many teams.
    **Cap — if you don't have Super Steve, he may be useful even in PVP. Especially, when your goal is Top50 or Top100. Of course, his red is puny, but almost free and he have decent stun and awesome shields for late game. Remember, in MPQ life exist even beyond the boundaries of Top10-25 or various Elite Clubs on forums. icon_e_wink.gif
    Anyone who has LT, BP, Fury, or even GSBW/Hulk/lazy Cap, will be better off running those characters icon_razz.gif

She-Hulk has no tiles to convert unless you run A.Wolvie or allow her to convert Battleplan but then you are not using Thunder Strike (?).
    Her AoE is okayish but there is no lack of much stronger AoEs. Her green is utterly horrible and will prevent your defense team from using Call The Storm, which is unforgivable. Any other green ability is better than this.
    IM 40 - his only redeeming quality in this event is his high health and the ability to feed AP to better offensive characters.
    mHawkeye - twiggy twiggy snap snap... Can't be played by the AI.
    Beast - prevents better yellow/green abilities, no bueno.
    Mohawk - LEAST health among the heroes we have. Her black is annoying but green/yellow will prevent Thor from firing his.
    **Cap - okay, I guess he's viable for transitioning players. Those that transition from 1*s to 2*s icon_razz.gif

I mean only 3* players and only them, fully transitioned or not. I fully welcome people to run their IM 40s and mHawkeyes, though (the rest are less likely to be maxed) icon_twisted.gif
  • Locked, welcome to the world, where diffrent peoples have diffrent preferences. icon_rolleyes.gif

Surprise! I don't like almost all chars, which you have listed in the first row (except Hulk and Super Steve). Yeah-yeah, If I may don't play with them — I do this. And stay more than competive against their users.

She-Hulk amazing against all special tiles users, which pretty often nowadays and when she in my team I absolutely don't care about that.
    Her red much more deadliest, than look. Same like Hulk's green. With right teamnates it's often game over move. Cheap game over move. Plus this also destroy special tiles in hard places.
    Her green is like aid pack, when all goes bad. It's drain ready to use AI skills and few heals all your team. Especially it's useful, when you and AI teams near dead and one match decided everything.
    I have many decent and super effective icon_e_biggrin.gif combos with her and I use and like all of them.

IM40 — I don't think so. His both battle skill save my **** many times. But even if he may do only that, what you say, he was great char.

Mokay — I don't care about AI, lol. In this game I prefer play personal. And play for fun. Look like you all go crazy with maximum effectivety in defence and defence wins. Plus nobody say, what I put him in defence team. icon_e_wink.gif

Mororo — I repeat: OTERSEY DON'T LIKE ANY LITTLE BLACK ****. icon_lol.gif
    Same thing and with STUPID FAT AZGUARDIANS. I think, on this moment I can afford to play with those heroes who I like. And I'm ok with this. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm running Lazy Thor/Lazy Cap/ Black Panther and having a lot of fun with them. I've got very powerful abilities in Black, Green, Yellow, and Red, plus an effective Blue, so it's an almost-rainbow team. Haven't been attacked once. Aiming for the two Lazy Storm Blacks; could use a yellow too, but the lousy end time means I probably won't worry about it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been using 94 Lazy Thor (3/4/5), 94 Panther (3/3/3), 94 mHawk (4/5/4). Mostly running into similar level Thor-Hulk-? teams, where ? is IM35,2Cap,or Wolvie.

1-1 defensively, offensively lost only one on the climb up because I got greedy and tried to take out thor/wolvie/2Cap w/ about 40% health across the board.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In case it's not obvious, OTERSEY does not speak for Ace of Blades. We love women and fat men if all nationalities/immortalities.

In other news, you people need to step up your game! #1 in my bracket only has 801 points. How am I supposed to get to 1300 if this is all I have to work with?? icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    OTERSEY, how often do you shield? Come to think of it I rarely see you in my nodes... could be either MMR or shielding.
    I don't like lazy Thor, myself. None of my favourite characters is buffed this event sans Spidey (ugh). But the false god is the star once again. I can play my little quirky teams in PvE/Shield simulator if I want to icon_e_biggrin.gif