Earth's Mightiest 15 - 17 Sep

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a world of hurt for a smallish 2* roster. Every match Wolveroach played he was smacked by 2* Thor because 12000 points can't be worn down before at least a couple of Call The Storms hit. Health packs were always needed to carry on. (Accidentally keeping 3* Thor with a single green because he was the essential character in the last game Wolveroach played instead of swapping to the 94 3/5/5 2* Thor didn't help in the first game.)

Ah well, Moon Roach should have recovered and be playable by now...
  • I need two black Storm covers, so the prizes are a nice surprise. I'd like a Yellow, too, but I"ll just learn to live without it for now. M-W PVPs are too badly timed for me for top 5 to be realistic.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I entered a bracket already cause why not and I've already been hit - you'd think a L300 Panther might deter some people...

Free points for later icon_e_wink.gif

Sidenote: Adamantium Slash is not to be underestimated! 6.5K damage hurts.

I will see your 6.5K single target damage and raise you 7262 Rage of the Panther to everyone icon_twisted.gif So basically it wipes any non buffed team out in one hit.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hell's bells. On one hand this is going to be almost as much of a slog as Balance of Power--and just as much of a Health Pack sink. On the other hand, I need Fury yellow, Mohawk yellow, and IM40 blue (for my second battery).

Hitting 1300 is going to be very difficult unless others are going got it. Are people going to be playing this event like normal or is everyone taking a few days off?
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Hitting 1300 is going to be very difficult unless others are going got it. Are people going to be playing this event like normal or is everyone taking a few days off?

It seems like scoring in these events is usually at least a little low, because there's always going to be a certain percentage of players who don't need any of the prizes and would like a break. But the Fury makes it a lot less predictable.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want both fury yellow and xforce green so I will try to get 1300 and first.

The only thing I don't like is that this may force me to level lazy Thor who was taking a back seat to fury and xforce in leveling. However I figure that there are worse things to sink iso into.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hell's bells. On one hand this is going to be almost as much of a slog as Balance of Power--and just as much of a Health Pack sink. On the other hand, I need Fury yellow, Mohawk yellow, and IM40 blue (for my second battery).

Hello, fellow bracket mate! I don't need the placement prizes, but could use the ISO, the blue IM 40 and the yellow Fury. I will try achieving that with minimal shielding if at all, and possibly staying unshielded after getting 1300.
  • For people who can't reach 1300/1st, Mohawk and IM40 aren't that great rewards. Wouldn't be surprised to see mid-tier competition not that high. Plus, once someone gets to 1300, I don't see most people giving up points for free. Hope people can still reach 1300, though it looks to be a grind-fest and/or huge alliance collusion to get there.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    My Panther/AWolvie/Falcon team is surprisingly good so far - basic matches that do 1500 damage for 6 greentile.png / 3 yellowtile.png are alright by me.

It'd be nice if my Pantherslap did more than 5500 but there's usually not much left standing after that anyway. Particularly if someone is fielding an unboosted team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This new rewards structure is pissing me off.

I have black Mororo covers out the wazoo already and need to climb to top 5 for a yellow. I need green the most so top 25 for that isn't *too* bad.

One of the few plusses for me out of the whole thing is that this kind of PVP is meant for people with diverse rosters, which is definitely in my favor.

I'm sure we'll still see a bunch of Sentry-centric rosters by the end, but for now I'm having fun with a few lineups built around guys I don't use as much as I'd like such as Panther, Lazycap, 2* Wolvie, Falcon, etc.
  • I'm at 3 yellowflag.png Fury covers and only need a single blackflag.png to finish respeccing Mororo. I think I'm going to take this super easy and go for my first non top 5 finish since the change to T5 over T10. Need to build the imcoin.png reserves back up so might even go unshielded depending on how my bracket looks before work Wednesday morning.
  • Given the events of Brotherhood, and the fact that OBW is buffed, shouldn't Patch be buffed as well? How is he not an avenger? He's not but Beast is? WTH?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Given the events of Brotherhood, and the fact that OBW is buffed, shouldn't Patch be buffed as well? How is he not an avenger? He's not but Beast is? WTH?

Except OBW isn't buffed.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Given the events of Brotherhood, and the fact that OBW is buffed, shouldn't Patch be buffed as well? How is he not an avenger? He's not but Beast is? WTH?

GSBW and MBW are buffed, OBW is not.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

GSBW and MBW are buffed, OBW is not.

Which fact just made me try out MBW. Ooh, shiny, if a little squishy. Keep her hidden by BP and she's vulnerable only to AOE attacks. Stun, stun, stun.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GSBW and sniper rifle is very deadly. 6k + damage is crazy. I just need someone to tank for her since she is higher level than the rest of my buffed characters except BP and BP is a completely different than her icon_e_sad.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    GSBW and sniper rifle is very deadly. 6k + damage is crazy. I just need someone to tank for her since she is higher level than the rest of my buffed characters except BP and BP is a completely different than her icon_e_sad.gif
    hummm... let's see my current team:
    BP black over 4k
    Thor yellow over 4k
    Thor green 4k to 8k
    Cap' America red: almost 8k

I agree, this event is particularly deadly.
    Two possibilities
    icon_arrow.gif I launch super deadly abilities on my enemies... super fun icon_mrgreen.gif
    icon_arrow.gif the AI launch these abilities first... broken, unbalanced, not fun icon_evil.gif

I know, it's not fairplay but... do the AI enjoy winning? No. So it's better to let win the player who really enjoy it: me!
    Simple as that icon_e_confused.gif
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    This one is really weird.

I already have 5 greenflag.png for X-fixed(formerly X-Farce), and my SuperStorm is currently 5 greenflag.png 3 yellowflag.png 2 blackflag.png .
    All I need/want are the progs(Fury!!!) and top 100 for the Hailstorm.

I vow no shields if any forumites give IHatePvP U-turns.
    I also won't turn down any alliance that wants to help with a 2nd Hailstorm. icon_e_biggrin.gif (PM for arrangements).
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm only here for the Hailstorms too so I'm just screwing around with whatever team I feel like.

I've seen a lot of CStorm/MNMags + whoever (LazyCap seems popular) teams which seems an odd choice when they're not boosted. L300+ tanks like Hulk, Thor and Panther have a lot of health to get through.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My falcon and Spidey are only boosted to 202 & 204. I've gotten a Spidey protect tile up to 1009..haha. You guys with max falcon and Spidey let's see how high you can get your protect tile.

I hereby declare a forum challenge! Who can get the highest protect tile? You'll be on the honor system!

1st place bagman
    2nd place Yelena
    3rd place xforce