3-STAR RUMBLE WENT ONLINE!

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The scramble in this tournament is ridiculous. Lol. I'm tanking. This coding for the scoring in this tournament definitely seems similar to the Hood lightning rounds. I feel like I'm swimming in mud. icon_lol.gif There is no one to attack for a decent amount of points and everyone that hits me gets around 30. I get 10 less for retaliations. Not fun. icon_evil.gif Guess I'll try to pick up those Punisher covers another day. icon_lol.gif

I don't have the best team but, I'm running a 115 Rag, 100 Spidey and 82 Mag. I'm not getting hit frequently but, every so often, 3 people will hit me at once for about 100 points. This must be how quicksand feels. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Hit Gamen's maxed punisher/magneto/im40 and was surprised how easy it was. Still went down in 3 turns but it takes longer to trigger all the abilities. I guess the endgame won't be so bad when everyone is maxed.

I hit him at the last minute for you. He was at71# when I hit him. Hope it helps.
  • Guy at the top of my bracket finished with 736. Must've had no one hit him this whole tourney lol.

No one attacked me for 8 hours or so. I was only attacked once by Gamen. Something must be wrong.
  • Managed to snag 3rd, which I'm attributing to nothing but the dumb luck of having no one hit me in the last 5 minutes. Really happy with that.

But let's never do this scoring again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Frozen wrote:
    russnou wrote:
    Frozen wrote:
    russnou wrote:
    Which ever one is in my tourney something weird has happened got to 645 and no one has attacked in like 45 min or so

Same with mine. Zhathras, I see you are yo-yoing. Please stay in second place icon_razz.gif

Wait which one is Zathrus? have one in my tourney

I have Zhathras. You have Zathrus I presume since he's not in my bracket.
    What team were you running btw? seemed like your points weren't moving at all
  • Just couldn't catch #1, but safely at #2.
  • I got hit for about 70 (that I saw) at the last min - all I can do now is wait and see.

(Is there a way to see what the final standings were?)
  • This scoring system is so ****, lost more than 100 points in the last minute attacked by ppl much lower ranked than me. Luckily still finished top 15, now I have all 3 punisher covers.
  • Frozen wrote:
    Guy at the top of my bracket finished with 736. Must've had no one hit him this whole tourney lol.

No one attacked me for 8 hours or so. I was only attacked once by Gamen. Something must be wrong.

I think due to matchmaking you guys were on a different "level" then the rest of us. Which is why some were able to coast to 700 and remain there.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I missed fifth place by like, 10 seconds. Spent a little too much time thinking how to beat the last guy. Finished in 6th. Sucks.

I think. Maybe someone got hit.

Edit: Nevermind, just got my top 5 rewards. Awesooome. 2/1/1 punisher icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • What team were you running btw? seemed like your points weren't moving at all[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I was running 141 spi 115 rag 115 dd
  • Easy win by over 250 points. I think I found the sweet spot for joining tournaments. Early evening Eastern when you're bound to get a lot of casuals joining and since a lot of people join at that time, there is less of a chance of getting fellow forum goers.
  • Worst event ever! I run a max spidey/rag/IM 40 team and couldn't break top 75 cause of this ridiculous scoring system. Nobody losses matches ever so it's pointless. Take away boosts already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Went from top 5 to top 45 in the last 2 minutes. Bummer.
  • Thanks for doing your part of knocking me out of top 15 in the last few minutes DumDumDugan...
    DUUUUUUUGGGGAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy win by over 250 points. I think I found the sweet spot for joining tournaments. Early evening Eastern when you're bound to get a lot of casuals joining and since a lot of people join at that time, there is less of a chance of getting fellow forum goers.
    Yeah, I had good luck with European time, but this time it was a death bracket with Frozen and polkio and not-zath
  • Managed to snag #1. I'm surprised the other high level players didn't push as hard as they could have with their maxed covers.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    Thanks for doing your part of knocking me out of top 15 in the last few minutes DumDumDugan...

If it makes you feel any better I didn't get squat :/
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I won one! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Pretty sure I was in a freaky bracket though (or 'level' after reading what's above), because no-one even challenged my 89 Ragnorak, 65 Black Widow and 52 got-no-one-else-levelled Doctor Doom tonight - think I only had 2 point loss messages all tournament, and that's not a terribly scary team...
    None the less I shall consider myself King of the World temporarily, possibly just for staying up till 5 a.m. UK time to see it through!

Fully intend to not put any effort into any tournaments until a yellow Hood cover prize rolls around.
    Goodnight all - hope everyone got some good stuff.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    Thanks for doing your part of knocking me out of top 15 in the last few minutes DumDumDugan...

If it makes you feel any better I didn't get squat :/

Somehow that makes it kinda worse lol... Jk it's all good... Just watch your back icon_razz.gif