3-STAR RUMBLE WENT ONLINE!

Comments

• AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Frozen wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Whatever you do don't join early EU time, you get these guys in you bracket.... *sigh* Lost interest in 1st place pretty fast.

http://imgur.com/77fzsPz

I'm assuming you're not talking about me? I'm pretty sure Polkio will kick me out of first soon enough.

Plus this guy. Crazy? Crazy!

http://i.imgur.com/AKtjW6r.jpg

Hmm seems odd that he stopped leveling them at 140, isn't their max level 141? I haven't bothered to get someone up to 140+ yet so not sure if the covers are listing 141 as max level incorrectly

Or is the even level, full healing on app restart glitch still around?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Frozen wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Whatever you do don't join early EU time, you get these guys in you bracket.... *sigh* Lost interest in 1st place pretty fast.

http://imgur.com/77fzsPz

I'm assuming you're not talking about me? I'm pretty sure Polkio will kick me out of first soon enough.

Plus this guy. Crazy? Crazy!

http://i.imgur.com/AKtjW6r.jpg

Hmm seems odd that he stopped leveling them at 140, isn't their max level 141? I haven't bothered to get someone up to 140+ yet so not sure if the covers are listing 141 as max level incorrectly

Or is the even level, full healing on app restart glitch still around?

It's more likely the issue with people seeing different levels on defense than when on offense. It's probably more peculiar that it's a very unfamiliar name with maxed characters.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Rockin 65 rags, 70 Doom, and 65 Spidey. I've got an 80 IM40 in reserves.

Going pretty well
  • My luck with avoiding major players in tourney brackets has finally run out... forgrim is currently #1 in my backet icon_cry.gif
  • Glad I have an easy bracket. Using level 60 spidey, 50 IM, and 40 doom. Going for #1 before time end icon_e_smile.gif

BTW...that guy with the level 140 guys is freaking nuts LoL
  • Been attacked exactly once in the last 18 hours, by someone with 300 points more than me. Weird.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Been attacked exactly once in the last 18 hours, by someone with 300 points more than me. Weird.
    Man I wish. I pushed up to like 650 after the subbrackets this afternoon, and was down to 350 after a movie icon_e_surprised.gif
  • The point swings are... wrong. Something's been changed. At 600 points I shouldn't be losing full point value when someone at 500 hits me.

Oh, sorry, did I say 600? I meant 500. I'm finding it hard to stay above 500 for very long right now, just as it used to be difficult to stay above 700-800.

Wish I'd only been attacked once. It's a vicious battle in my bracket (and in general) right now. My L115 Rag, L103 Mags, and L102 Spidey are not keeping people away. With my luck they're showing up at L100, L50, and L30 (re: AdamMagus -- there's a known bug where your defense team shows up at the wrong level; namely a lower level -- although not as bad as I imply).
  • Spoit
    Zathrus wrote:
    The point swings are... wrong. Something's been changed. At 600 points I shouldn't be losing full point value when someone at 500 hits me.

Oh, sorry, did I say 600? I meant 500. I'm finding it hard to stay above 500 for very long right now, just as it used to be difficult to stay above 700-800.

Wish I'd only been attacked once. It's a vicious battle in my bracket (and in general) right now. My L115 Rag, L103 Mags, and L102 Spidey are not keeping people away. With my luck they're showing up at L100, L50, and L30 (re: AdamMagus -- there's a known bug where your defense team shows up at the wrong level; namely a lower level -- although not as bad as I imply).
    That's about the level my guys are, which is probably why I keep getting hit icon_redface.gif
  • Zathrus wrote:
    The point swings are... wrong. Something's been changed. At 600 points I shouldn't be losing full point value when someone at 500 hits me.

Well you can have first in our bracket as long as you don't attack me I wont attack you. Also the points are taking a big bite out of me too.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Wish I'd only been attacked once. It's a vicious battle in my bracket (and in general) right now. My L115 Rag, L103 Mags, and L102 Spidey are not keeping people away.
    I'm running 5/1 Rag, 3/4/4 Spidey, 5/3/5 Widow, all level 66, and taking out teams like yours with no problem. Tonight I'm using lots of boosts to avoid losing due to a bad board, but previously I'd been taking at most a blue/purple AP boost to be sure I had at least one stun available in case of trouble.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Wish I'd only been attacked once. It's a vicious battle in my bracket (and in general) right now. My L115 Rag, L103 Mags, and L102 Spidey are not keeping people away.
    I'm running 5/1 Rag, 3/4/4 Spidey, 5/3/5 Widow, all level 66, and taking out teams like yours with no problem. Tonight I'm using lots of boosts to avoid losing due to a bad board, but previously I'd been taking at most a blue/purple AP boost to be sure I had at least one stun available in case of trouble.

I'm using no boosts and finishing any match I care to at full health.
  • russnou wrote:
    Well you can have first in our bracket as long as you don't attack me I wont attack you. Also the points are taking a big bite out of me too.

If I can stay beyond the others, not an issue. I won't use my retaliation against you then. icon_e_smile.gif
  • They've definitely changed something with point losses. Just started my climb and at 340ish getting attacked by someone with about 300 as well lost me 27 points. Used to only have big drops in score around 500.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Certainly. Just pointing out that there's not much defense in this tourney, even with a powerful team. Without buffs, it's far less likely that a match will unexpectedly get out of hand. I also generally finish with full health most matches, if I care to bother healing. No doubt my matches run longer though, as I chip away at the opponent in smaller chunks.

I've been aiming high trying to attack only teams worth 30 points or more. Hit your alternate spelling imposter twice for 30+. It doesn't bother me if a "tough" team retaliates because I'm not burning health packs, and with all the ISO from Hulk, I have all the boosts I want/need.
  • Yay! Hood Lightning Round rules for every tourney! icon_evil.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Hmmm...I did think it was a little weird that the top scores in my bracket were in the 500 range and not the 800 range, but figured that was just because I had a weak bracket. I wonder if something did change, or if people just aren't playing this one very much (Hulk + Holidays, and whatnot.)
  • Nemek wrote:
    Hmmm...I did think it was a little weird that the top scores in my bracket were in the 500 range and not the 800 range, but figured that was just because I had a weak bracket. I wonder if something did change, or if people just aren't playing this one very much (Hulk + Holidays, and whatnot.)

Nope, things are definitely broken.

Really not pleased with this. And with IceIX out of the country and virtually everyone on vacation for the next two weeks I don't expect any official response or fix either.

I mean, yay, Hulk, but not being able to get progression rewards and having to fight tooth and nail even at low levels in PvP? Yeah. I'd rather not have the Hulk in that case.
  • Spoit
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Certainly. Just pointing out that there's not much defense in this tourney, even with a powerful team. Without buffs, it's far less likely that a match will unexpectedly get out of hand. I also generally finish with full health most matches, if I care to bother healing. No doubt my matches run longer though, as I chip away at the opponent in smaller chunks.

I've been aiming high trying to attack only teams worth 30 points or more. Hit your alternate spelling imposter twice for 30+. It doesn't bother me if a "tough" team retaliates because I'm not burning health packs, and with all the ISO from Hulk, I have all the boosts I want/need.
    I wish I had his impostor come up, he's ahead of me in this bracket. But no, all I get is OG zath
  • Spoit wrote:
    I wish I had his impostor come up, he's ahead of me in this bracket. But no, all I get is OG zath

And I know I'm probably worth a ton of points, but I really appreciate any skips at this point. I'm skipping forum regulars, good points or no. With the broken scoring rules it just seems fair.