3-STAR RUMBLE WENT ONLINE!

Options

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    It's probably more peculiar that it's a very unfamiliar name with maxed characters.

Agreed. There are known hacks for maxing out your characters, but they are easily detected by D3, who usually is vigilant about banning. With everyone off on end-of-year vacation, it may be a very hacky Christmas this year.
  • The point drop in the 3 star rumble appears to be zero sum, e.g. if an opponent gain X points then you lost X points. This is not the case in most tournaments before. You should lose at least 25 points when defeated by someone with equal rating as you (and more if they're lower) but I'm pretty sure that didn't actually happen in past tournaments because I've been defeated by someone lower than me without losing 25 points (and we're both well above the 0 range where you can't possibly lose anymore points). In the past, there are some extra points created out of thin air, like if you lost 20 points the other guy probably gained 30 points. This is what allowed people to have high ratings in the first place, because without those points being created out of thin air, you'll simply drop back down very quickly.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Been attacked exactly once in the last 18 hours, by someone with 300 points more than me. Weird.

I skipped you and a few forumners a few dozen times. Yeah MM!

Also, please everyone attack Zath's name-a-like!
  • strange tourney, explains why i don't get opponents above 500 all that much. i had momsoon on my target list which i skipped for forums sake but dang, one hit = -30.

nehoo, chugging along in my bracket
  • Spoit wrote:
    I wish I had his impostor come up, he's ahead of me in this bracket. But no, all I get is OG zath

If he comes up again, I'll be sure to hit him for you icon_e_smile.gif

Also, I think I hit Nick Fury tonight. Sorry about that. I was just running through looking for high value targets, not paying a lot of attention to names though I try to skip forum names I recognize.
  • Frozen wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Been attacked exactly once in the last 18 hours, by someone with 300 points more than me. Weird.

I skipped you and a few forumners a few dozen times. Yeah MM!

Appreciate it. I haven't even been looking for matches much. I did check a few minutes ago and saw someone 180 points above me, but decided to sit tight.
  • Frozen wrote:
    Just hit him for 34 points. And was myself attacked by someone else for -36 points when the match was done...
  • Is nobody competing for wolverine? I have 762 and next one down is 494. Probably safe to call it a night.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The point drop in the 3 star rumble appears to be zero sum, e.g. if an opponent gain X points then you lost X points. This is not the case in most tournaments before. You should lose at least 25 points when defeated by someone with equal rating as you (and more if they're lower) but I'm pretty sure that didn't actually happen in past tournaments because I've been defeated by someone lower than me without losing 25 points (and we're both well above the 0 range where you can't possibly lose anymore points). In the past, there are some extra points created out of thin air, like if you lost 20 points the other guy probably gained 30 points. This is what allowed people to have high ratings in the first place, because without those points being created out of thin air, you'll simply drop back down very quickly.

It was zero sum before, but only once you got above 700-800 points. Now it's zero sum at ALL levels, just like The Hood. I did a good bit of analysis on it a couple weeks ago.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Frozen wrote:
    Just hit him for 34 points. And was myself attacked by someone else for -36 points when the match was done...

I skipped him because I wasn't sure which one's which.
  • Is nobody competing for wolverine? I have 762 and next one down is 494. Probably safe to call it a night.

Is your username Gamen?

In my bracket he's sitting up at top with 779 and hasn't moved once, while everyone 2-30 are desperately clinging to their 300-400 scores while getting hammered.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Is nobody competing for wolverine? I have 762 and next one down is 494. Probably safe to call it a night.

Is your username Gamen?

In my bracket he's sitting up at top with 779 and hasn't moved once, while everyone 2-30 are desperately clinging to their 300-400 scores while getting hammered.

No but I have him as one of my 3 options right now and know why he's at the top of yours.

He' got Lv 140 punisher/Magneto/Im40.
    Maybe not safe. Scoring seems to be more like Hood rounds tonight. You could drop quickly. You came up for me earlier, but I skipped. I'm trying for #1, but about 100 points below him. He came up in matchmaking earlier, and I hit him twice to take the lead, but he's since recovered without retaliating against me.
    If I didn't goof up, the imposter is Zhathras or closer to that. The giveaway is the "h" immediately after the "Z".
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Frozen wrote:

Zathrus is the real thing.

Zhathras is the imposter.
  • Probably the worst tournament ever.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Is nobody competing for wolverine? I have 762 and next one down is 494. Probably safe to call it a night.

Is your username Gamen?

Sounds like my bracket, except I don't have nearly that many points (a little over 500).
  • Ive never been out of top 5 of a bracket and right now im 40th.
  • Zathrus wrote:

I object to being called an imposter. I've been using this handle for online games since back when Babylon 5 was still on the air.
  • zhathras wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

I object to being called an imposter. I've been using this handle for online games since back when Babylon 5 was still on the air.

rofl, he joins the forums!
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I'm trying for #1, but about 100 points below him. He came up in matchmaking earlier, and I hit him twice to take the lead, but he's since recovered without retaliating against me.

You should save that one for just before the end. That way you get a huge bump because he's losing points at the same time and there's not enough time to retaliate.

I won a lighting round like that once. Also could have used it to yield to number two in those spidey tournaments but needed BW for Hunt.