How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• doneskis wrote:
    exactly, time is going by but points aren't increasing. That's why I said I don't think there is much juice left. really hoping someone else becomes number 1 just to see the rubberband effect take place.

I am willing to forgo on3 red cover if it means I stay in top 300 so I would be perfectly content with that. Now I regret that I had to drive with 10 min left and about 90 points left from a couple events I couldn't grind. Oh well. Still was a great event.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is just terrible.

For me at least.

I am at 49299. There is zero hope of a punisher cover. I only have two missions left active. Wait...****...make that one as the easier of the two jacked up crazy battles has no points now after only beating it once.

I give up. Whatever D3, whatever rubber banding, whatever marvel...sigh.... icon_cry.gif

I think the thing that makes me most go hmmmmmm....is how on earth do you start this thing a week ago and say here is the prize for 50000, then nerf peoples pts for battles and rubber band the event and then somehow just have a few people hit that 50000 point total?

This whole thing feels corrupted. Is this supposed to be exciting and fun? I am not feeling it right now.
  • There looks to be 20 or so people who have crossed that line, maybe another 20-40 get there. 60 people out of 60000+ icon_eek.gif

I think there was a severe miscalculation. Or maybe it was intentional. Or maybe they just don't care icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Yep. I knew it was over when I clicked on one of the events and it was giving out 86 pts.

What would it hurt to give more people a red punisher cover? Is it that valuable?

This just doesn't look right.
  • The problem with how this event ends is that nobody could've foresaw the final set of missions give around 500 points total. If you weren't sitting at around 49500 when the final set started you won't have enough, and even if they're repeatable once you'd still have to be sitting at 49K. Wth the whole rubberbanding you're encouraged to play as much, only to find that you can't hit the 50K mark. I don't care too much about the overall placement in the bracket, since anything that hurts you hurts other players as well so there's no net advantage there. I definitely could've grinded another 400 points and chose not to because I thought there was going to be another sub bracket and that surely there's going to be 1000 points in the final set of missions, but of course that turned out to be wrong.

It'd really help if you know the minimum points a bracket/sub-bracket is worth ahead of time. Well, can still hope these missions refresh in 8 hours like the rest of the repeatable ones.
  • 2 tries to beat the last mission....oh boy was it scary and as people have said... really fun when you're going up against giants like that.

85 wolverine 54 captain america and a 28 punisher.

All AP, green + blue and a critical dmg boost is what I ended up using.

I won a standard token which was a Blue Spiderman token, lucky there +76 points to put me in just over the 50k to get the red punisher... very exciting outcome. Still hoping to end in top 150 by the end of the event!
  • Yep. I knew it was over when I clicked on one of the events and it was giving out 86 pts.

What would it hurt to give more people a red punisher cover? Is it that valuable?

Sad thing is, in the end, I will most likely have to chuck a red punisher unless I decide to go 5/3/5 or
    3/5/5 instead of my originally planned 5/5/3. Wish it was a black or green punisher kinda. We will see. I might end up deciding punisher is better for pve anyway at which point his red might be very useful. Still, my first thought is 5/5/3 still...which means having to throw this red out icon_e_sad.gif

It's very obviously rigged. How many points do you need in the last 10 hours? Magically, rubber banding will make sure you get 90% of that. What bad luck! Ugh.
  • Not sure why there are so many complaints, I have played casually and am 470 points to 50k with all of today's missions still left. I plan on doing those about 2 hours prior to deadline and have no doubt I will get 50k. Those that are so close with no missions left should have held off til just prior to tourney end. The key is actually think these events through and not just go all out... I paced myself, read the forums and played once or twice a day to keep myself in top 300...Now I am within reach just by staying patient and figuring out how these events operate.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. I knew it was over when I clicked on one of the events and it was giving out 86 pts.

Sad thing is, in the end, I will most likely have to chuck a red punisher unless I decide to go 5/3/5 or
    3/5/5 instead of my originally planned 5/5/3. Wish it was a black or green punisher kinda. We will see. I might end up deciding punisher is better for pve anyway at which point his red might be very useful. Still, my first thought is 5/5/3 still...which means having to throw this red out icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah... Depending on how the avengers tourney goes I'm probably tossing this cover too
  • I'm 348 points shy of 50,000 having completed only 1 of the final missions. The 3 I can see are offering 203 points total.
    With the levels my characters are at its doubtful I'd be able to beat the last mission so I'm not going to rely on that for points.

My strategy will be to wait as long as possible before playing them to let the points increase.
    Hopefully they'll increase enough in the next 9 hours to get me over the line.
  • 9 hours left...

Please refresh.

I did the math I need 176 more.

This is KILLING me.
  • Do all the new missions only give points on the first attempt?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Points arent increasing because nobody is doing these events right now. Everyone is waiting for the last 2 hrs.

I've gone from 30 to 307 in the past 3 hours so obviously people are playing, the same people who will complain when they drop out of top 1500 when most everyone else plays with only 2 hours left in tourney...
  • It is such a shame and another case of changing the rules.
    All the other repeatable missions you could do several times to get them down to zero.
    Now with this you can't and with prior knowledge of this of course I wouldn't of done them so early
  • The final set of mission is worth around 500 points. Even if they eventually did refresh, adding 500 to the bracket leader's points isn't going to come close to double their value for those who are behind. Although we do not know if the missions refresh or not, you might as well just gamble on the fact that they do and this gets you 2X the base point, because the overall leader is going to get at most another 500 points (and that's if the missions refresh) and that's not going to come close to doubling the value of your points.

There is no more points left to pull you up at this point, and if there are, that implies you have to be able to do these missions twice and you should do it immediately so you also get to do them twice. Note that if the missions do not refresh, then the top score you see right now is pretty much it, so there's no point to wait any longer either.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I'm not gonna reach 50k, and I'm not going to be competing for a super high rank. I just don't want to drop down and miss out on the Hulk covers I think I'm going to get right now.

Does that seem fairly secure with 10 hours to go and having 1500 worth of people between me and one less Hulk?
  • BrenH wrote:
    I'm 348 points shy of 50,000 having completed only 1 of the final missions. The 3 I can see are offering 203 points total.
    With the levels my characters are at its doubtful I'd be able to beat the last mission so I'm not going to rely on that for points.

My strategy will be to wait as long as possible before playing them to let the points increase.
    Hopefully they'll increase enough in the next 9 hours to get me over the line.

Sorry to kill your vibe, but points will basically not increase at this point. What dumdum said is true, but also wrong. Ppl are waiting, but those ppl will be barely shooting over others...not creating a new high. The most ppl will likely increase by waiting at this point is a 1-10 point gain overall by waiting and likely less. UNLESS there is a refresh.

Feel free to wait, but given your score, you are better off completing the story missions and trying again and again burning through your freebie recharge health packs to see if you can overcome your character's lvl issues (which are what btw?) and complete the harder missions.

You will only be getting a few hundred points completing all 6 if you were @50k already, so I doubt anyone breaks 51k. At 49994 pts I get 35 for the search n destroy mission. That means the most someone at 50k will be getting for a full run is around 400 or so points (before I completed it, the last mission was worth 98 points). I just don't see the number going up.

At this point ppl will just be jockeying for position. That said, if this
    struely how it ends, they WILL have killed some of what ppl complained about last event...and that was ppl jumping them due to rubberbanding and waiting. As it looks the rubberbanding values will not increase so essentially there will be no advantage to waiting unless something drastic changes.
  • I find it pretty interesting that if these missions do not refresh again, then we have a rather sadistic scoring system (most people will be a few hundred short of 50K), while if they do refresh most people will barely make it past 50K. So I guess the question is do you think this event is meant to be sadistic or not?
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    Not sure why there are so many complaints, I have played casually and am 470 points to 50k with all of today's missions still left. I plan on doing those about 2 hours prior to deadline and have no doubt I will get 50k. Those that are so close with no missions left should have held off til just prior to tourney end. The key is actually think these events through and not just go all out... I paced myself, read the forums and played once or twice a day to keep myself in top 300...Now I am within reach just by staying patient and figuring out how these events operate.

I seem to be a Debbie downer right now but you will be closer to missing than you think. Points won't really be going.up so whatever your overall haul possible now will likely be it. I got a total of about 90 pts for the search n destroy missions, about 100 for the last mission, 75for the second to last, and I don't remember for the other but i want to say 60-70 pts. That means my total haul was /will be (have 1 mission undone) about 350 pts. Assuming you were a little lower than I, you might be looking at 400+ points. 470 is hardly guaranteed. And remember, every one you complete drops the value of the ones left, so if you total the visible point total its actually lower than that.