Blatant cheat - AKN

Options

Comments

• franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i have no problem with xmen spending money.. i personnally spend some good money into this game.. i dont have any problem with them trusting the upper ranks and getting high scores.. What is irking me (and reason why i breached my 3 month hiatus about commenting xmen threads) is the level of cockyness this game seem to give to some of them.. Continually having to go through boasting pics of their scores or some def wins they have racked up, here and on some other fb venues, is becoming irritating.. I really think there is nothing to brag about matching color tiles and clicking on the shield button..
  • I mostly lurk but I would like to say thanks to WR 2.0 for just giving a typical break down of shield hops and HP spent. I thought it was insightful into the mind of a player who dumps money into the game. How you play is your choice and it's nice to finally see an X-Men post something with substance rather than "Moar strats! Play harder! kekeke!" nonsense. WR, I honestly mean it when I say thanks for throwing out some numbers. And please don't be discouraged from sharing information when people decide to rip on you for spending money etc. It can still benefit lurkers.
  • To start off here, I'm no longer an X-men. I left MPQ a couple days ago and you'll prolly never hear from me again after the next day or 2. So let's just air some things out here.

Francky - you are so full of tinykitty it isn't funny.

Francky + every1 else - you are arguments are ridiculous. 1 person throws in a tank team on a random pvp, and suddenly all x-men are using tank teams that any1 can beat on every shield hop? Absurd. Somethings happens once or twice and you act like it's the norm. You can't take an example that happens 1/1000 cases and act like it's standard.

I also heard some1 say all the X does is sit in chat and isolate themselves and talk about every1 else. Says someone who's never been in our chat. Lol. No one talks about anything on the forums. We talk to ourselves and tinykitty amongst each other. No drama. No fighting. Just chilling and having fun. When we come on forums, are we a little more aggressive ? Yes. When I 1st started mpq, 9 long months ago, we had a great community. Most of what turned into Shield along with many other great players. Now, we have no community. We have a bunch of fkn tinykitty like Francky and arktos. Can't post to a single thread without insulting some1 or blowing smoke out their ****. I would go as far to GUARANTEE, that are at least 3-5 alliances who talk more about x-men in their chat than we talk about all others combined in ours.

TLDR: 1/2 this community turned into a bunch a naive tinykitty. If you aren't an **** and we get along. You know who you are. Peace out btchs.

Yeah I know, here comes a bunch of pissed off flamers to come call me a cocky something or other. (Broken records, cocky! Cheater!) Whatever, tired of listening to these immature haters running their mouths. So fk it. Suck on that you whiny hypocrites.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    To start off here, I'm no longer an X-men. I left MPQ a couple days ago and you'll prolly never hear from me again after the next day or 2. So let's just air some things out here.

Francky - you are so full of tinykitty it isn't funny.

Francky + every1 else - you are arguments are ridiculous. 1 person throws in a tank team on a random pvp, and suddenly all x-men are using tank teams that any1 can beat on every shield hop? Absurd. Somethings happens once or twice and you act like it's the norm. You can't take an example that happens 1/1000 cases and act like it's standard.

I also heard some1 say all the X does is sit in chat and isolate themselves and talk about every1 else. Says someone who's never been in our chat. Lol. No one talks about anything on the forums. We talk to ourselves and tinykitty amongst each other. No drama. No fighting. Just chilling and having fun. When we come on forums, are we a little more aggressive ? Yes. When I 1st started mpq, 9 long months ago, we had a great community. Most of what turned into Shield along with many other great players. Now, we have no community. We have a bunch of fkn **** holes like Francky and arktos. Can't post to a single thread without insulting some1 or blowing smoke out their ****. I would go as far to GUARANTEE, that are at least 3-5 alliances who talk more about x-men in their chat than we talk about all others combined in ours.

TLDR: 1/2 this community turned into a bunch a naive ****. If you aren't an **** and we get along. You know who you are. Peace out btchs.

Yeah I know, here comes a bunch of pissed off flamers to come call me a cocky something or other. (Broken records, cocky! Cheater!) Whatever, tired of listening to these immature haters running their mouths. So fk it. Suck on that you whiny hypocrites.

Take care.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Also, I found video proof of X-Men cheating.

Sorry about the low quality; I have the free version of a screen recorder.

http://youtu.be/gOFUL9u89Dg
  • Kelbris wrote:

That video only has 1 of our higher ups. Doesn't say anything about whole alliance!
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

That video only has 1 of our higher ups. Doesn't say anything about whole alliance!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
  • If only there were still mods to lock up a thread that has gotten off topic and devolved from its original topic.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the longest time I've been trying to figure out why this community doesn't seem odd to me and it just hit me. It's Call of Duty all over again.

I just want to set a few things aside here. X-Men play to win. If this bothers you, then you're not them, and what they do is none of your business. Spending money, hopping off each other, etc. Not. Your. Business. If you're not willing to do what it takes to be a part of the competitive scene you're either not ready for competitive scenes or you need a new game to try to play competitively (not to say you couldn't keep playing MPQ, just not at that level). If you're not willing to put some money to a game, you're not ready for competitive play. If you want to play Call of Duty at that level, you need a headset. If you want to play League of Legends you need a mouse (and probably a keyboard). Having a nice monitor will also go a long way for both these things. Investment is part of high-level play - even in sports. Find me an MLB player that's not using a high-end mitt or bat or cleats. Find me a NBA player without expensive sneakers. Either embrace it or walk away while you can.

If you play to win (i.e. that's what the fun part is for you), and the X-Men still bother you, you're probably what I like to call semi-professional. You're farmer's league. There's nothing wrong with that, either. There's something about competitive play you don't want to embrace and that's what keeps you there. That's fine. Have your ethics and morals. However. Who in the blue Hell appointed you the morality leader of the world? Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do? Please stop this behavior. Play how you want to play and enjoy the game. Let others play how they want to play and be happy.

It's pretty obvious to everyone, including the X-Men I'm sure, that shield hopping off of teammates was not the intended affect of shields, but you know what, they found a way to be better at what they enjoy being good at. There's no metric in MPQ that equates "best" except score. Period. They want to win. They want to get incredulously high scores so no one else can compete. They're making ends meet. They're not cheating. They're not immoral. They're not demons. Stop demonizing X-Men. Stop deifying players that don't tank or don't shield hop or don't spend money like they're automatically better for purposely handicapping themselves. It's a cop out, plain and simple.

To draw back to my earlier statement about any competitive scene having an investment, we'll go to Call of Duty. If you're playing Modern Warfare 3 and you decide you want to play GameBattles, you better be damn ready to use an ACR or an MP7 (or at least a SCAR-L or P90/MP5), and you better be ready for slow, calculated play. You're not playing a random pub. You're probably not even playing Team Deathmatch. If you don't like the fact people can crank a headset and hear your footsteps from further away than someone who doesn't/can't - it's not your pace and you should stay away. You're not the right type of person to play that game competitively. If you're not willing to spend ~$40 on a pair of wired Turtle Beaches to even the playing field, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3. If you're not willing to stick to only the best strategies when playing, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3.

The same applies to this situation. Feel free to play Call of Duty with your friends. Feel free to create a clan and enjoy the benefits and comradery. Feel free to play Marvel Puzzle Quest. Feel free to join an Alliance. Feel free to top in events. Do not feel free to shame players based on their playing style. Do not shame.
  • For the longest time I've been trying to figure out why this community doesn't seem odd to me and it just hit me. It's Call of Duty all over again.

I just want to set a few things aside here. X-Men play to win. If this bothers you, then you're not them, and what they do is none of your business. Spending money, hopping off each other, etc. Not. Your. Business. If you're not willing to do what it takes to be a part of the competitive scene you're either not ready for competitive scenes or you need a new game to try to play competitively (not to say you couldn't keep playing MPQ, just not at that level). If you're not willing to put some money to a game, you're not ready for competitive play. If you want to play Call of Duty at that level, you need a headset. If you want to play League of Legends you need a mouse (and probably a keyboard). Having a nice monitor will also go a long way for both these things. Investment is part of high-level play - even in sports. Find me an MLB player that's not using a high-end mitt or bat or cleats. Find me a NBA player without expensive sneakers. Either embrace it or walk away while you can.

If you play to win (i.e. that's what the fun part is for you), and the X-Men still bother you, you're probably what I like to call semi-professional. You're farmer's league. There's nothing wrong with that, either. There's something about competitive play you don't want to embrace and that's what keeps you there. That's fine. Have your ethics and morals. However. Who in the blue Hell appointed you the morality leader of the world? Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do? Please stop this behavior. Play how you want to play and enjoy the game. Let others play how they want to play and be happy.

It's pretty obvious to everyone, including the X-Men I'm sure, that shield hopping off of teammates was not the intended affect of shields, but you know what, they found a way to be better at what they enjoy being good at. There's no metric in MPQ that equates "best" except score. Period. They want to win. They want to get incredulously high scores so no one else can compete. They're making ends meet. They're not cheating. They're not immoral. They're not demons. Stop demonizing X-Men. Stop deifying players that don't tank or don't shield hop or don't spend money like they're automatically better for purposely handicapping themselves. It's a cop out, plain and simple.

To draw back to my earlier statement about any competitive scene having an investment, we'll go to Call of Duty. If you're playing Modern Warfare 3 and you decide you want to play GameBattles, you better be damn ready to use an ACR or an MP7 (or at least a SCAR-L or P90/MP5), and you better be ready for slow, calculated play. You're not playing a random pub. You're probably not even playing Team Deathmatch. If you don't like the fact people can crank a headset and hear your footsteps from further away than someone who doesn't/can't - it's not your pace and you should stay away. You're not the right type of person to play that game competitively. If you're not willing to spend ~$40 on a pair of wired Turtle Beaches to even the playing field, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3. If you're not willing to stick to only the best strategies when playing, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3.

The same applies to this situation. Feel free to play Call of Duty with your friends. Feel free to create a clan and enjoy the benefits and comradery. Feel free to play Marvel Puzzle Quest. Feel free to join an Alliance. Feel free to top in events. Do not feel free to shame players based on their playing style. Do not shame.

I like u gothickratos. For once I dont c anyone dat goes "Boohhoooohooo, I want that 2k score but i dont wanna spend anything!! Im a cheapskate!! Mummmyy!! Help meeee!!! They must be cheaters!!! I cant get dat score even wif my maxed roster cos my alliance is ****!!!"
  • For the longest time I've been trying to figure out why this community doesn't seem odd to me and it just hit me. It's Call of Duty all over again.

This is a very well written post, but I feel the resentment is not about X-men P2W. It is more so a few members in the forum dislike the 'bragging' of some x-men about their scores and being at the top. Otherwise i agree with most of the insight you have posted
  • The resentment really started because when Shield was FINALLY beat instead of people saying good job, the X-men were immediately accused of being cheaters. We didn't even have time to enjoy it ourselves before we were attacked. I can understand how that would look cocky in the midst of being chalked cheaters though, we were the first to beat Sheild doesn't that call for a bit of gloating? Then People complained to the Devs about how we all needed to be sandboxed. Not because people actually had proof but because they didn't think I could be done.

Since people love sports analogies, if a teams wins the World Series everyone should be enjoying the game, the hard work, and they should start thinking about the next World Series. Instead people never left the Statium and now its time for the World Series and all they did was waste time. People break records all the time, it's not impossible. The definition of in sanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. People needed to stop whining cuz they were not getting results and try playing the game differently.

I use to love the forums, reading peoples thoughts and fav characters and what they thought about new updates clming out and what characters would be good to see in te game. Once the x-men won this became one of the most hostile forums I have seen, were after evey turnement people are posting new threads about how we cheat. Even in threads that had nothing to do with us people work work in a reference about us.

On a positive note I am glad to see that more people who are not in the X-Men alliance are scoring higher, because not only does it show we were not cheating and that anyone can score high, it will hopefully push the Devs to raise the rewards bar. (<-- Trying to keep this positive)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, poor 5dv. Everyone forgets about their rivalry (and actual wins!) before this whole x-mess started icon_lol.gif
  • If you're not willing to put some money to a game, you're not ready for competitive play. If you want to play Call of Duty at that level, you need a headset. If you want to play League of Legends you need a mouse (and probably a keyboard). Having a nice monitor will also go a long way for both these things. Investment is part of high-level play - even in sports. Find me an MLB player that's not using a high-end mitt or bat or cleats. Find me a NBA player without expensive sneakers. Either embrace it or walk away while you can.
    (...snip snip...)
    To draw back to my earlier statement about any competitive scene having an investment, we'll go to Call of Duty...If you don't like the fact people can crank a headset and hear your footsteps from further away than someone who doesn't/can't - it's not your pace and you should stay away. You're not the right type of person to play that game competitively. If you're not willing to spend ~$40 on a pair of wired Turtle Beaches to even the playing field, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3.
    I'm not going to get into much of what you posted. Most of it is your opinion, some of which I agree with and some of which I don't. But it's all pretty valid. This however is essentially the cooking knives comparison that was made before and it still doesn't make much sense. You're comparing tools that can enhance your performance to something within the game itself. You can make the argument such a thing already exists in MPQ, but not in the way you're inferring. If you have an old busted mouse you're going to have trouble playing quickly on the Steam version if the damn thing keeps sticking all the time and you occasionally make the wrong match because of it. If you have an older phone with a busted screen you're at a disadvantage versus someone with a newer, faster phone with a better connection. That would be the equivalent of any kind of nice gaming gear you want to use as an example, and it's a fair point. You need certain things to play this game, and better things can help you marginally to play the game better.

But that's not the argument you'r making. You're saying buying shields and boosts, the pay to win component most people take issue with, is the same as buying tools. That logic doesn't play out. If you give me the best knives in the world I'm still not winning Top Chef against even the dude who got kicked off in the first episode, even if he's forced to use a rock and a stick. If you give me the best bat and cleats I'm still not getting a hit off Clayton Kershaw, just like I'm still getting dunked on by an aged, out of shape, and barefoot Michael Jordan even if I'm wearing the latest shoes with his picture on them. If you give me the best gaming gear in the world I'm still not beating a pro Call of Duty player who's forced to use a slightly busted controller with one stick that pulls to the left and a headset that randomly buzzes static in his ear. And that is because all of those games require a very significant component of skill and practice to excel at.

Conversely I could take anyone who's generally familiar with the concepts of games like MPQ and after about five minutes of instruction hand them my account, which includes a maxed Sentry, and a few thousand HP and they'll be ready to compete at the highest level. This game isn't hard. Shield hopping with Sentry, and let's face it that's what this game has become if you really expect to compete, doesn't take skill. It just takes a commitment of time and resources to put up high scores. There is no analog in these other games that have been mentioned because they don't allow you to directly influence the competition with money like you can here. It would be like being able to buy base runners in baseball and then buy extra outs if you fail to drive them in a few times. It just isn't the same thing at all.

The fact that you then have people who are super proud of themselves for essentially buying their victories, even if they have found new and creative ways optimize it, and come here to brag about it, belittle other people for not spending as much as they do, and generally act like jerks about it, and you have much of the reason why so many people don't really seem to like them very much. I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again, but there's really no mystery here. Some of it may start as jealousy, but it's the ego-maniacal and often downright nasty behavior that breeds much of the contempt. Change that behavior and most of this stuff goes away. Then we can all heckle the gratuitous haters and people who cry cheater without proof together, and everyone can go back to having fun playing the game in whatever way they see fit.
  • As a relative newbie, WorldRunner's explanation was very insightful to me. Many thanks for that and I'm glad this for thread despite the rest. Helps me up my game.

The game appears to be changing fast as the developers iron things out, so strategies will certainly evolve with the game. As far as I can see, we should be thanking the high level players who push the envelope of what is possible in the game not to mention drop hard earned money to support this addictive and fun game. The teamwork they achieve is quite inspiring.
  • Thugpatrol wrote:
    If you're not willing to put some money to a game, you're not ready for competitive play. If you want to play Call of Duty at that level, you need a headset. If you want to play League of Legends you need a mouse (and probably a keyboard). Having a nice monitor will also go a long way for both these things. Investment is part of high-level play - even in sports. Find me an MLB player that's not using a high-end mitt or bat or cleats. Find me a NBA player without expensive sneakers. Either embrace it or walk away while you can.
    (...snip snip...)
    To draw back to my earlier statement about any competitive scene having an investment, we'll go to Call of Duty...If you don't like the fact people can crank a headset and hear your footsteps from further away than someone who doesn't/can't - it's not your pace and you should stay away. You're not the right type of person to play that game competitively. If you're not willing to spend ~$40 on a pair of wired Turtle Beaches to even the playing field, you don't want to GameBattle for Modern Warfare 3.
    I'm not going to get into much of what you posted. Most of it is your opinion, some of which I agree with and some of which I don't. But it's all pretty valid. This however is essentially the cooking knives comparison that was made before and it still doesn't make much sense. You're comparing tools that can enhance your performance to something within the game itself. You can make the argument such a thing already exists in MPQ, but not in the way you're inferring. If you have an old busted mouse you're going to have trouble playing quickly on the Steam version if the damn thing keeps sticking all the time and you occasionally make the wrong match because of it. If you have an older phone with a busted screen you're at a disadvantage versus someone with a newer, faster phone with a better connection. That would be the equivalent of any kind of nice gaming gear you want to use as an example, and it's a fair point. You need certain things to play this game, and better things can help you marginally to play the game better.

But that's not the argument you'r making. You're saying buying shields and boosts, the pay to win component most people take issue with, is the same as buying tools. That logic doesn't play out. If you give me the best knives in the world I'm still not winning Top Chef against even the dude who got kicked off in the first episode, even if he's forced to use a rock and a stick. If you give me the best bat and cleats I'm still not getting a hit off Clayton Kershaw, just like I'm still getting dunked on by an aged, out of shape, and barefoot Michael Jordan even if I'm wearing the latest shoes with his picture on them. If you give me the best gaming gear in the world I'm still not beating a pro Call of Duty player who's forced to use a slightly busted controller with one stick that pulls to the left and a headset that randomly buzzes static in his ear. And that is because all of those games require a very significant component of skill and practice to excel at.

Conversely I could take anyone who's generally familiar with the concepts of games like MPQ and after about five minutes of instruction hand them my account, which includes a maxed Sentry, and a few thousand HP and they'll be ready to compete at the highest level. This game isn't hard. Shield hopping with Sentry, and let's face it that's what this game has become if you really expect to compete, doesn't take skill. It just takes a commitment of time and resources to put up high scores. There is no analog in these other games that have been mentioned because they don't allow you to directly influence the competition with money like you can here. It would be like being able to buy base runners in baseball and then buy extra outs if you fail to drive them in a few times. It just isn't the same thing at all.

The fact that you then have people who are super proud of themselves for essentially buying their victories, even if they have found new and creative ways optimize it, and come here to brag about it, belittle other people for not spending as much as they do, and generally act like jerks about it, and you have much of the reason why so many people don't really seem to like them very much. I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again, but there's really no mystery here. Some of it may start as jealousy, but it's the ego-maniacal and often downright nasty behavior that breeds much of the contempt. Change that behavior and most of this stuff goes away. Then we can all heckle the gratuitous haters and people who cry cheater without proof together, and everyone can go back to having fun playing the game in whatever way they see fit.

That is a very good counter argument. The only point I would disagree with is buying things in a Baseball game, if a team suddenly has extra outs which has never heard of before then they would be cheating. Those outs are only available to them and no one else would have access, where shields have been around, everyone knows how to use them so it's not like the X-men are somehow coming up with extra stuff that no one else has access too.

Also on that note of baseball, should teams not celebrate the WIN if they beat a team that doesn't pay as much as them? Or with football, is a team considered cheating and should be banned because they can pay more for their players then other teams? With the argument everyone makes it would seems to mean that they bought their victory too.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    camichan wrote:
    As a relative newbie, WorldRunner's explanation was very insightful to me. Many thanks for that and I'm glad this for thread despite the rest. Helps me up my game.

The game appears to be changing fast as the developers iron things out, so strategies will certainly evolve with the game. As far as I can see, we should be thanking the high level players who push the envelope of what is possible in the game not to mention drop hard earned money to support this addictive and fun game. The teamwork they achieve is quite inspiring.
    Yeah....If you think this change is fast, you really haven't been around long. 6 months and counting on the announced cmags nerf, much less the ones after it
  • I'm willing to wait longer on the C Mags nerf, as he's my top 3*. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Vaggan wrote:
    That is a very good counter argument. The only point I would disagree with is buying things in a Baseball game, if a team suddenly has extra outs which has never heard of before then they would be cheating. Those outs are only available to them and no one else would have access, where shields have been around, everyone knows how to use them so it's not like the X-men are somehow coming up with extra stuff that no one else has access too.
    My point was that there's no equivalent to shields and boosts in baseball, because baseball doesn't allow the purchase of things that fundamentally give one team an advantage within the game itself, which is what buying outs and base runners would be. If everyone could do it, baseball would devolve into a game of who could buy the most runners and outs, because given enough opportunities even a bad professional team will beat a good professional team over time. That is exactly what MPQ has become. It's not that the X-Men are doing anything anyone else can't do, they're just doing it more by spending more, and it cheapens the competition, at least in my opinion, because there is really very little skill involved in any part of it.
    Vaggan wrote:
    Also on that note of baseball, should teams not celebrate the WIN if they beat a team that doesn't pay as much as them? Or with football, is a team considered cheating and should be banned because they can pay more for their players then other teams? With the argument everyone makes it would seems to mean that they bought their victory too.
    Professional football is a bad comparison, because there is a salary cap. Teams can't outspend each other because the rules do not allow it. And in fact, managing the salary cap is a matter of considerable skill and finesse. Some teams do it well and are usually the teams that are able to sustain success, where the teams that are bad at it fail. This becomes a component of skill in the competition between teams: which executives can manage their organization the best.

Baseball is a much better example, because there is no salary cap. And if you think there isn't a lot of animosity between small market teams, who often struggle to hold onto their best players as they become free agents and command higher salaries, and large market teams, who are the ones paying those free agents a lot more than the small market teams can afford, then you clearly don't follow baseball very closely. I remember some years ago a large group of fans of the Royals, a small market team, tore up their tickets and threw them onto the field early in a game against the Yankees, a large market team, before leaving the game in protest of the inequalities in the MLB system. You're talking about people buying tickets to a game and then leaving without actually watching the game because they thought the system was unfair. The Yankees, Red Sox, and other high payroll teams who have won have always been subject to hate and ridicule over their perceived advantage of buying winning teams, and some of that is fair because the system allows them to gain an advantage that way.

Now baseball has done some things to narrow the gap between the haves and the have-nots, including a luxury tax which penalizes high payroll teams by making them pay an additional amount of money for being big spenders. It still isn't a completely even playing field, but unlike MPQ building a winning MLB team is far more complicated than just throwing money at the problem. Case in point, the Mets and the Cubs, both teams that annually have amongst the highest payrolls and both have been pretty terrible for quite some time. The Cubs haven't won in over a hundred years, how's that extra money they've spent working out for them? Spending in baseball gives you an edge, a cushion to replace injured or aging players and make some bad decisions without crippling your franchise for a decade, but in and of itself does not win you games or championships. In MPQ PvP all you need is a basic understanding of the game and you will go as far as your money will take you, which would make it the worst sports league ever.

As for celebrating wins, there are a lot of different ways to do it. You can be humble and respectful of the game, your victory, and your opponents, or you can be an unpleasant braggart who belittles vanquished foes with taunts and insults. Nobody is saying don't be happy your efforts are rewarded in victory, but don't expect everyone to be as impressed with them as you are on a very uneven playingfield, and do expect to be judged on how you present yourself in the aftermath.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To summarise the differences in view points, there are essentially 2 camps.

The first camp believe that it takes *skills* to maximise the point hauls within mpq system. That includes shield hopping, buying boosts, sentry blitz, coordinating between alliance mates for shields hops....

The second camp believe that the *skills* which are so valued by the first camp... is all over hyped. This camp perceive that any alliance and players can learnt quickly to do those things... The only difference is that most players do not want to spend that amount of HP to reach those stratospheric scores.

Because the first camp believe that it's true *skills*, they ought to brag about it.

Because the second camp feel that it's not *skills*, but $kill$, there is nothing to brag about.

TL; DR, differences in definition of skills.