Lightning Rounds

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Your weekly lightning rounds have now begun.

Same as usual.

Comments

• Thanks.

Noticed that the gem indicators are small, vs the long ones on Hawkeye from the Hunt. Maybe it is supposed to indicate relative boost to other characters? Seems inconsistent, though.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Thanks.

Noticed that the gem indicators are small, vs the long ones on Hawkeye from the Hunt. Maybe it is supposed to indicate relative boost to other characters? Seems inconsistent, though.
    From what I could tell, the size of the iso 8 shard is relative to the buffs they give during the event.
  • Turned a 30 minute spree into a blue DD. Not too bad I guess. 2/3 doom now
  • Turned a 30 minute spree into a blue DD. Not too bad I guess. 2/3 doom now
    Grats. I made a run for second place behind The Ladder and ran out of health packs. And I'm not going to pay money for a Hood cover.
  • Dephro wrote:
    Turned a 30 minute spree into a blue DD. Not too bad I guess. 2/3 doom now
    Grats. I made a run for second place behind The Ladder and ran out of health packs. And I'm not going to pay money for a Hood cover.

Lol, I ended up Top 25. Hood lightning rounds are super crazy and I think I might have been a tad over enthusiastic getting to 560 after an hour, as every man and his dog hit me in the final 20 mins. The leaderboard couldn't keep up with the damage to my score! icon_e_smile.gif
  • I think it's rude of you guys to play while I'm still at work.
  • Whoa. Nobody mentioned the special Diabolical 5-pack that's offered now.

5000 HP. One of each 3* featured villain.

I think that's actually pretty good -- at worse a 50/50 chance for a red Ragnarok. Sure, you get Loki too, but I've gotten Loki or Hood from nearly every single Diabolical I've gotten (except that one red Rags, which was all I wanted).

Comparatively you could spend 5500 for 5 tokens and pull 5 straight Lokis.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Whoa. Nobody mentioned the special Diabolical 5-pack that's offered now.

5000 HP. One of each 3* featured villain.

I think that's actually pretty good -- at worse a 50/50 chance for a red Ragnarok. Sure, you get Loki too, but I've gotten Loki or Hood from nearly every single Diabolical I've gotten (except that one red Rags, which was all I wanted).

Comparatively you could spend 5500 for 5 tokens and pull 5 straight Lokis.

5000 HP is...a lot of money
  • Yeah, you are looking at like $30-40. Not cheap, but if you've got some HP saved, I could see dropping a 20 spot on it. Particularly if you are starting and don't have any of the villians. Though you'd need to buy the hero cover slots too.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    5000 HP is...a lot of money

Back before I pulled my Rags I would've seriously considered it. Now? Nope (not that I've banked that much up yet anyway). But, as noted, if you don't have any and are willing to drop the cash I think it's a pretty good deal... $50 will get you enough for this and 2 3* power ups or all the cover slot space you'll need.

Way more than I'd spend, but certainly a lot of people are willing to, and it's a LOT better deal than buying Heroic tokens IMO.
  • The 5k deal is not for me at all.
    I would much rather buy a red rag. A purple mag. And a couple blue spideys or green BW GS.
    I could use all 5 I got from the pack sure, but is rather pick 4 I really want.
  • On another note I got the blue DD from the good tourney (mentioned above)
    Now I got black good from DD tourney. Backwards colors I want in backwards tourneys. Hehe
  • Got a blue doom from my first diabolical token. I was trying to not get a doom, haha. Oh well, at least he's 3/5 now.
  • Even with tanking I simply can't get far enough in Lightning Rounds. I petered out after awhile and all I was seeing were 85 Thor fights worth 9-10 points.
  • jozier wrote:
    Even with tanking I simply can't get far enough in Lightning Rounds. I petered out after awhile and all I was seeing were 85 Thor fights worth 9-10 points.

tanking is only effective if you can kill those 85 thor teams that are worth 9-10 points fast. If you can't then you're better off only half-tanking.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Even with tanking I simply can't get far enough in Lightning Rounds. I petered out after awhile and all I was seeing were 85 Thor fights worth 9-10 points.

tanking is only effective if you can kill those 85 thor teams that are worth 9-10 points fast. If you can't then you're better off only half-tanking.

I've got a decent enough PVP team but it takes too long sometimes (Thor/Wolvie/buffed villain).
  • jozier wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I've got a decent enough PVP team but it takes too long sometimes (Thor/Wolvie/buffed villain).

Yea that won't kill fast enough in lightning rounds. To tank effectively in lightning rounds you need a buffed doom/mag/rag.

You're probably better off just half-tanking.
  • If you full on tank halfway through the tourney you will get nothing but 5-10 point fights. To still place high, you need to be able to end matches in under 60 seconds. Otherwise, you're better off half-tanking and still getting those 25 point fights.
  • Now Lightning rounds are super way to gathering iso. So unfair to fight with it with 115 level ragnarok (or 112 according to bug). I feel almost sorry to fight against storm/thor/villain

PS: Tomorrow my wife will play probably while I am out so be aware. Noone is safe icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    Now Lightning rounds are super way to gathering iso. So unfair to fight with it with 115 level ragnarok (or 112 according to bug). I feel almost sorry to fight against storm/thor/villain

PS: Tomorrow my wife will play probably while I am out so be aware. Noone is safe icon_e_smile.gif

No fair having a pinch hitter to rack up iso for you! haha. I got to talk to my wife and see what I can arrange