*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    Also keep in mind that Beasts Green gets buffed off ANY friendly blue special tile. So there's that as well.
    So, Black Panther, Captain America and Hawkeye may actually work okay with him. But then you're doubling up on blue actives anyway.

Punisher's green, and the attack tiles his red make. CMag yellow. Falcon purple. Human Torch black. Sentry green. Storm black. Iron Man 35 yellow.

That's all I can think of that can make a special tile on blue, in addition to those mentioned.
  • scottee wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    Also keep in mind that Beasts Green gets buffed off ANY friendly blue special tile. So there's that as well.
    So, Black Panther, Captain America and Hawkeye may actually work okay with him. But then you're doubling up on blue actives anyway.

Punisher's green, and the attack tiles his red make. CMag yellow. Falcon purple. Human Torch black. Sentry green. Storm black. Iron Man 35 yellow.

That's all I can think of that can make a special tile on blue, in addition to those mentioned.

You forgot Psylocke's Bewilder. Probably becasue noone uses it.

And a question, if anyone cares to venture a try...

What of a Bagman "web tile" or a "Force Bubble" tile from IW? Do those count as special tiles?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    But doesn't his Green work against both his Blue and Yellow?

He has two powers that add special tiles to the board and one that destroys random tiles. That makes no sense to me.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    orionpeace wrote:
    But doesn't his Green work against both his Blue and Yellow?

He has two powers that add special tiles to the board and one that destroys random tiles. That makes no sense to me.

I've noticed this too, but his other shortcomings are even more awful so this issue doesn't get the attention that deserves.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I would just like to say two things.

1. I don't think I suck, my alliance is quite happy with my performance.

2. Please don't fix me, my wife and I aren't sure we are done having children, and that is pretty permanent!

RvysgOM.png
  • This has probably been said before countless times, but BUFF PLEASE. Thanks. He could be fun to play if after every use of his green you wouldn't feel either sad or embarrassed.
  • After fighting some high level beasts in Gauntlet I am dumbfounded that even a single playtester used his blue and said "yes this is an acceptable power" You're best off going 355 and using MoStorm, cMags, or Falcon to make blue specials when you're forced to use Beast
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, he's terrible. Change blue to be random 4 tiles, have green do a bit more damage and like all healers now, completely revamp heal skills, then he's okay. But yeah as is he's is in IM40 territory. He would be massively better if blue changed 4 random tiles, make it similar to Coercive Force, that would be pretty sweet then
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Chemical Reaction is the exception. Blue powers are mainly support.

Cmags, fury.

I'm ready to call this guy the worst *** in the game.
  • Phaserhawk
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Cmags, fury.

No that is still reserved for IM40 or Rags, but yeah, he's pretty bad. Some characters I get, they may not be Sentry class, but they would be strong in PvE, like Colossus for example, he's not going to win you PvP matches, he's slow and he can be played around by a PvP player, but in PvE he's a beast (no pun intended) or Falcon, not so great in PvP but in PvE and paired with say Daken or a few others he becomes top notch, but Beast has no place anywhere and that's his problem along with a few others. The saving grace for beast is sometimes his skill works and works well and with the AI terible at matching they won't match away his blue, but he's still bad.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Cmags, fury.

He's still no Bagdevil. If you can keep a blue special tile out, he's a... Well, you know icon_e_wink.gif

But his blue is just awful so that severely limits the rosters he can be on since you have to depend on someone else to power him up, and his health is too low for someone who requires so much setup
  • Phaserhawk
    gamar wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Cmags, fury.

He's still no Bagdevil. If you can keep a blue special tile out, he's a... Well, you know icon_e_wink.gif

But his blue is just awful so that severely limits the rosters he can be on since you have to depend on someone else to power him up, and his health is too low for someone who requires so much setup

Agreed

On paper his skills seem so cool. You have a blue that's fairly cheap and gives you decent abilties and as long as you have one of those out your other 2 skills get stronger and his skill set is so tied into blue that without it he really sucks. Therin lies Beasts entire problem, his blue. If this just turned 4 random tiles into a special blue tile he would be immensely better
  • He was once a "part of your team" in one of the PvEs at a high level. I thought cool, let's see how he is. I used Mutagenic Breakthrough. He created the cd at the first column and guess what happened when the cd activated. He created only 1 strike tile. I don't know if this is a bug or not but that was pretty ****. There weren't even special tiles around it (if it can't overwrite special tiles) and it wasn't on the corner. It was just at the first column.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Nonce, your insistence on listing coves by match-power has lead to a 60% vote in favor of 5/3/5 when 5/5/3 is clearly the superior build. That or I'm just weird and different. But I'm pretty sure it's the first one.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Nonce, your insistence on listing coves by match-power has lead to a 60% vote in favor of 5/3/5 when 5/5/3 is clearly the superior build. That or I'm just weird and different. But I'm pretty sure it's the first one.
    You think 5 in yellow is good?
    Seriously?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Seriously?

Chill! I think he's referring to how nonce's poll has the order of the ability colors (blue yellow green) not line up with the order of the ability colors in game (blue green yellow), leading people to mistaking vote for 5 blue 5 yellow when they should be voting for 5 blue 5 green instead.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    He was once a "part of your team" in one of the PvEs at a high level. I thought cool, let's see how he is. I used Mutagenic Breakthrough. He created the cd at the first column and guess what happened when the cd activated. He created only 1 strike tile. I don't know if this is a bug or not but that was pretty tinykitty. There weren't even special tiles around it (if it can't overwrite special tiles) and it wasn't on the corner. It was just at the first column.

The tile to the upper right, upper left, bottom right, and bottom left gets converted to special tiles if it is possible. It would not be possible to convert a TU tile, special tile, or if tile doesn't exist in such location because the CD was on the edges. The game doesn't explain why though here empirical evidence should very quickly lead to the conclusion that this ability is bad.
  • onimus wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Seriously?

Chill! I think he's referring to how nonce's poll has the order of the ability colors (blue yellow green) not line up with the order of the ability colors in game (blue green yellow), leading people to mistaking vote for 5 blue 5 yellow when they should be voting for 5 blue 5 green instead.
    Nah, he's saying people are picking incorrectly due to the order of the colors.

Citing the 60% vote on the weaker build rather than the "superior build."

Looking at the poll, the 60% (now closer to 70%) is on 5 blue, 5 green, 3 yellow.

He's saying 5/5/3 is the superior build in reference to the poll, which would be 5 blue, 5 yellow and 3 green.

Hence the "seriously" comment.
  • I suspect some people went and corrected their votes due to the comments here. It's swinging back towards the "right" build (not that I disagree that it's right).
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I suspect some people went and corrected their votes due to the comments here. It's swinging back towards the "right" build (not that I disagree that it's right).
    This. When I posted yesterday everyone had voted for 3 in green instead of 3 in yellow.