*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Here's to hoping he's put in the vault for the new season and reworked a bit.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor Beast. Talking with my alliance, I realised the true purpose of Beast's existence: to give players a break whenever he's the reward in an event. For example, after these two super stressing PVEs in a row rewarding new characters, I'd gladly welcome a PVE with Beast rewards. Finally, a time to kick back and play at a much easier pace since I don't care about placing!
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    y2fitzy wrote:
    I know I'm going to hell (and it doesn't actually make sense) but the brail got a smile from me

that was the intention icon_e_wink.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand why Beast is so upset. And I don't blame him one tiny bit. Seriously devs, Beast was one of the original 5 X-Men. He was an Avenger. He has been a major character for 50 years! What's a mutant got to do to get a little respect around here?

Super strength, super intelligence, and super reflexes. And the powers that he has now are the best you could do? icon_rolleyes.gif Come on devs. With Beast's abilities you could have done sooo much more with him than you did.

edit question, .... how come Peter Parker got 2 votes?
  • h4n1s
    edit question, .... how come Peter Parker got 2 votes?

I am sure the moderators will find a way to ban one of his forum accounts - it's against the forum rules!
  • edit question, .... how come Peter Parker got 2 votes?
    He is obviously a troll pretending to be two different people icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    And Storm says: "What about me! I also have a mohawk."
  • I think it is very fitting that during battle Beast is just sitting back reading a book, clearly very engaged in the fight that's happening.
  • Ghost79 wrote:
    I think it is very fitting that during battle Beast is just sitting back reading a book, clearly very engaged in the fight that's happening.

Very true. While Rocket, Groot, and Wolverine are flying across the board, guns blazing and claws forward, Dr. McCoy is moving furniture and test tubes. That's why it takes three turns to get special tiles- that's how long it takes to set up his gear.
  • He has to do SOMETHING while sitting for weeks at a time in your roster. You probably just caught him when he got to the good part. A good book can be hard to put down...

Then again, this probably also explains his general performance. If D3 takes his books away, maybe he would do better...
  • y2fitzy wrote:
    I know I'm going to hell (and it doesn't actually make sense) but the brail got a smile from me

What? Only a smile? I'm having lot of laugh when reading it. icon_lol.gif
    I'm going to a deeper hell than you.
    I'm still at office btw, so everyone's staring at me when I suddenly laugh out of nowhere. icon_neutral.gif
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Alexraven wrote:
    He has to do SOMETHING while sitting for weeks at a time in your roster. You probably just caught him when he got to the good part. A good book can be hard to put down...

Then again, this probably also explains his general performance. If D3 takes his books away, maybe he would do better...

Hey! Don't take my books away, then I'll have nothing at all to do! It's bad enough that I sit back there next to Yelena and Bag-Man, they have been upset so long they don't even talk anymore.
  • h4n1s
    Beast1970 wrote:
    Alexraven wrote:
    He has to do SOMETHING while sitting for weeks at a time in your roster. You probably just caught him when he got to the good part. A good book can be hard to put down...

Hey! Don't take my books away, then I'll have nothing at all to do! It's bad enough that I sit back there next to Yelena and Bag-Man, they have been upset so long they don't even talk anymore.

If you at least took your books and threw them at the opponents! But no, instead, while your friends are dying in the combat, you still hold on to your books, like they were more important! And finally when you end up in front of the party, it feels like you just peed your pants from the fear, that someone takes your books away from you! Bad Beast, bad!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just updating the best characters combos thread.

Does Beast have any friends at all?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    3uphoria wrote:
    Beast is a trash bag. We can debate his uses all day but at the end 2* chars still blow him away.
    500 ISO. *drops mic*

Heh, the original poster should update the thread title to *** Beast (500 ISO) ***
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:

maaaaaybe icon_rocket.png, who has much better blue special tiles and can tank Y and G....but then, I'm not sure why you'd be using beast at all in that case, so... icon_lol.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    yogi_ wrote:

1*/3* Storm, maybe? Hailstorm will usually hit at least one blue tile.
  • blueflag.png Release the Animal 10 ap
    Beast unleashes his animal-like nature. Deals X damage and places a friendly strike tile on board.
    2 covers: creates 2 friendly strike tiles
    3 covers: more damage
    4 covers: more damage
    5 covers: more damage and 3 friendly strike tiles

Max level: deals 4275 damage and creates 3 strength 138 strike tiles

greenflag.png Experiments 9 ap
    This ability is very similiar to our current beast blue. 2 turn countdown tile, when it goes off, it makes 4 random strength 20 special tiles on each corner of the board.
    2 covers: strengthen special tiles
    3 covers: strengthen special tiles
    4 covers: strengthen special tiles
    5 covers: 1 turn countdown tile

Max level: strength 103 special tiles

yellowflag.png Medical Marvel 11ap
    Beast creates a concoction that heals himself in combat. Heals for x health. This is a true heal ability!
    Each cover added just increases health restored.

Max level: Heals for 5500 health (this might be a little op)

Please post comments below as this might not be a perfect fix but it's better than the current beast.
  • That would make his blue the best or maybe second best (to Fury) blue in the entire game.

But then you make his green horrendously terrible.

But this iteration is definitely better than the current character.
  • onimus wrote:
    That would make his blue the best or maybe second best (to Fury) blue in the entire game.

But then you make his green horrendously terrible.

But this iteration is definitely better than the current character.
    I wanted his previous blue power to still be incorporated into his game mechanics without the tiles being matched immediately so that is why I chose to make his green like that