Patch R58 Discussion - Live 7/29

1356719

Comments

  • Phantron wrote:
    Looking at the requirement it sounds like each team up tile is just 1 team up AP so you'd need 4 team up match 3s for Battleplan for example.

    That's what I'm thinking, as well.

    "Team-Up" AP can really just be considered to be another color of AP to gather/manage.

    The question is at this point, is whether the 12 AP is a flat cost for Team-Up abilities, or if the costs of various Team-Ups differ.
  • radiopyradiopy Age Unconfirmed Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Lyrian wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Looking at the requirement it sounds like each team up tile is just 1 team up AP so you'd need 4 team up match 3s for Battleplan for example.

    That's what I'm thinking, as well.

    "Team-Up" AP can really just be considered to be another color of AP to gather/manage.

    The question is at this point, is whether the 12 AP is a flat cost for Team-Up abilities, or if the costs of various Team-Ups differ.

    The real question is whether a 5AP "Mistress of the Elements" can generate 5AP or more.
  • OzarkBoatswainOzarkBoatswain Posts: 657 Critical Contributor
    What happened to the Magneto nerf?
  • Nighthawk81Nighthawk81 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Lyrian wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Looking at the requirement it sounds like each team up tile is just 1 team up AP so you'd need 4 team up match 3s for Battleplan for example.

    That's what I'm thinking, as well.

    "Team-Up" AP can really just be considered to be another color of AP to gather/manage.

    The question is at this point, is whether the 12 AP is a flat cost for Team-Up abilities, or if the costs of various Team-Ups differ.
    I took this as 12 team up ap for the additional damage on BP's strike tiles. Max lvl for his strike is still 175 with no team up ap.
  • TheVultureTheVulture Posts: 347 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2014
    radiopy wrote:

    Thanks, radiopy. icon_cool.gif

    So Deadpool has red primary, purple secondary, black tertiary.
    Red is called "A Little Off The Top". icon_lol.gif
    Black is passive (as his AP bar is empty while Black Panther's is full - not surprising, since he should have regeneration.

    Team-Ups are indeed consumables equipped like boosts, but it is possible to collect them and still have them locked... maybe need to own the corresponding cover?
    There is a character level on them, so possibly determined by your own level of that character?

    - - - - - Further analysis - - - - -

    Confirmed Team-Up powers:
    Nick Fury - Avengers Assemble! (team up to team up, bro!)
    Nick Fury - Demolition
    Daken (3*) - Chemical Reaction
    The Hulk - Thunderous Clap
    Deadpool - A Little Off The Top
    Iron-Man (3*) - Unibeam (will not be laughing if it drains your AP!)
    Human Torch (3*) - Fireball
    Sentry - Supernova
    Dr. Doom - Technopathic Strike
    Johnny Storm (2*) - Flame Jet
    Wolverine (2*) - Adamantium Slash
    Falcon - Redwing (that is odd, but looks like his shoulder at end)

    Daken may have been locked because he was on the opposing team - showing as L166, suggesting he has been maxed.
    Falcon was also locked.
  • All I want to know is are you changing storms Match Damage as well or just her ability colors? >.> Also, is Storm Mohawk changing at all from this update since you conveniently left that out.

    Mohawk Storm is changing to use Yellow as well, from the patch notes.

    Storm (Gold) - Mistress of the Elements
    - Altered to use the new Team-Up Feature instead of Environment tiles

    Old
    Mistress of the Elements - Red 9 AP
    Fierce winds swirl, sending heavy weights aloft and turning them against the enemy. Deals 27 damage for each Environment tile, then shatters them.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 32 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 3: Deals 38 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 4: Deals 59 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 5: Deals 70 Damage for each tile shattered
    Max: 226 damage for each tile

    New
    Mistress of the Elements - Yellow 9 AP
    Clouds darken the battlefield and lightning streaks across the sky as Storm's awesome power inspires her teammates and assaults her foes. Destroys up to 5 Team-Up tiles, generating Team-Up AP and dealing 38 damage per tile.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 46 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 3: Deals 53 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 4: Deals 68 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 5: Destroys 7 Team-Up tiles
    Max Level: 220 damage for each Team-Up tile
  • hurculeshurcules Age Unconfirmed Posts: 519
    radiopy wrote:
    At the end - 2 different Deadpool costumes? Or are we expecting Lazy version?

    G0pHyhT.png

    Also, what are those whales/narwhals at the end?
  • radiopyradiopy Age Unconfirmed Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Guessing those are his three animations and the whales are part of some passive.
  • Xeonic-IceXeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    hurcules wrote:
    radiopy wrote:
    At the end - 2 different Deadpool costumes? Or are we expecting Lazy version?

    G0pHyhT.png

    Also, what are those whales/narwhals at the end?

    I'm assuming they're finally adding skins as ally rewards or something.
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2014
    While its nice to see new game play features, i'm a little disappointed that there was no mention of new game play modes, no 3rd abilities for older characters, no balancing to older characters, no x-force buff. Also they show Fury as a usable character even though he hasn't been officially released yet. Also, is it just me or are we jumping from R56 to R58?


    MPQ interview: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014/7/26/22964/sdcc_2014_marvel_puzzle_quest

    Deadpools three abilities are:

    Red 7ap "A little off the top"
    Purple 7ap "Whales! Whales! Whales!" This looks to be an AOE attack. At default level 40 it does 100 damage to opposing team.
    Black is passive "Mutant pin cushion"
  • edited July 2014
    I'm assuming Deadpool will be a 3*. Starting health is 1760 from those screenshots (as usual, that might change before his release). So I'll leave it up to the extrapolating wizards to work their magic. icon_e_smile.gif

    *edit: Never mind. Looking at a link above, a 166 DP has 6800 health. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mondo wrote:
    I'm assuming Deadpool will be a 3*. Starting health is 1760 from those screenshots (as usual, that might change before his release). So I'll leave it up to the extrapolating wizards to work their magic. icon_e_smile.gif
    He is a 3*. Check out 33 secs into the trailer.
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:
    All I want to know is are you changing storms Match Damage as well or just her ability colors? >.> Also, is Storm Mohawk changing at all from this update since you conveniently left that out.

    Mohawk Storm is changing to use Yellow as well, from the patch notes.

    Storm (Gold) - Mistress of the Elements
    - Altered to use the new Team-Up Feature instead of Environment tiles

    Old
    Mistress of the Elements - Red 9 AP
    Fierce winds swirl, sending heavy weights aloft and turning them against the enemy. Deals 27 damage for each Environment tile, then shatters them.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 32 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 3: Deals 38 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 4: Deals 59 Damage for each tile shattered
    Level 5: Deals 70 Damage for each tile shattered
    Max: 226 damage for each tile

    New
    Mistress of the Elements - Yellow 9 AP
    Clouds darken the battlefield and lightning streaks across the sky as Storm's awesome power inspires her teammates and assaults her foes. Destroys up to 5 Team-Up tiles, generating Team-Up AP and dealing 38 damage per tile.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 46 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 3: Deals 53 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 4: Deals 68 damage for each tile shattered
    Level 5: Destroys 7 Team-Up tiles
    Max Level: 220 damage for each Team-Up tile
    Thanks. Read it and still didn't click. But that still leaves my other question.
  • GuntherBlobelGuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    TheVulture wrote:
    Team-Ups are indeed consumables equipped like boosts, but it is possible to collect them and still have them locked... maybe need to own the corresponding cover?
    There is a character level on them, so possibly determined by your own level of that character?

    I don't think the level is based on your characters. Team-ups are supposed to give you access to characters that may not be in your roster (which is a nice idea).

    So how is the level determined?
  • RusalkaRusalka Posts: 155
    Hell yeah! to the Black Panther buff. Especially since I'm just a few days away from getting the fifth yellow cover as my daily reward.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is already my go to team but I just have to say BP battle plan, Sentry World Rupture and then if needed Rage of the panther. Sentry no longer has to kill himself with sacrifice for shield hopping.

    I think the team ups could be huge more so on the 2* level. Having a 2* team and getting a 3* attack could be huge. If these are big abilities Stom is now very viable and can play with a stron R,G,Y since she will now be G,Y,B. She could become a very good support character for 9 yellow.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    It is already my go to team but I just have to say BP battle plan, Sentry World Rupture and then if needed Rage of the panther. Sentry no longer has to kill himself with sacrifice for shield hopping.

    I think the team ups could be huge more so on the 2* level. Having a 2* team and getting a 3* attack could be huge. If these are big abilities Stom is now very viable and can play with a stron R,G,Y since she will now be G,Y,B. She could become a very good support character for 9 yellow.
    Depends on the amount of overkill. It's 100 less strike tile damage than sacrifice without the 12 team up AP
  • Spoit wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    It is already my go to team but I just have to say BP battle plan, Sentry World Rupture and then if needed Rage of the panther. Sentry no longer has to kill himself with sacrifice for shield hopping.

    I think the team ups could be huge more so on the 2* level. Having a 2* team and getting a 3* attack could be huge. If these are big abilities Stom is now very viable and can play with a stron R,G,Y since she will now be G,Y,B. She could become a very good support character for 9 yellow.
    Depends on the amount of overkill. It's 100 less strike tile damage than sacrifice without the 12 team up AP

    BP, cap Marvel and sentry or LT will be a team I will roll with once I get my Cap Marvel raised. You can fire BP's yellow and WR without the self damage to sentry so that's 1 extra hop icon_e_smile.gif not sure how team ups will work on defense tho. Will it be ladt teamup you used?
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably stay with Laken, at least until their renitence to nerf, too, has passed. WR itself doesn't do too much self damage, I didn't even bother saving a health pack for the featured char most of the time
  • PylgrimPylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    NOOOOOOOOOO they ultra nerfed Storm. Now that she only breaks up a few envi- er,Team-Up tiles instead of all, there will be 1. Many less cascades which was the main attraction of the ability and 2. Less damage, even with the proposed increased tile damage.... specially for Mohawk Storm whose max tile damage is now LESS than her previous max damage because her fifth cover raises number of tiles broken, not damage. In other words, her red went from dealing over 2.2k damage (with an average of 10 enviro tiles, much more with more tiles) to deal a TOTAL maximum of 1540 (with a much reduced chance of creating cascades). This in a character that wasn't that strong to begin with, because the ability costs!

    I know there are not that many fans of Storm out there but can I please get some solidarity here so the Devs will see this before the patch and fix it? I understand why they do not want her to shatter all those tiles anymore, so I won't ask for that, but please compensate the large decrease in power by significantly lowering AP cost and/or further raising tile damage. Or throw in a stun for the target, or make it AoE. Anything. Please.
Sign In or Register to comment.