Patch R58 Discussion - Live 7/29

Options

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or pair BP with Falcon and yellow match the enemy to death.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Will the dark reign chapters still be completed? What happens when that story line is finished, a new one?

Will the update eliminate the death brackets from over nudging?
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Black Panther's Yellow is amazing if this change goes live. I could easily see myself using him in place of Punisher going forward.

Why not both?

Even without Team-Ups, Casting Judgment, then Battleplan would yield (3 * 122) + (3 * 175) = 891 in Strike tiles. With a "Team-Up", that number increases to 1116 in Strike tiles.

At that point, regardless of whoever is the third on the team, who even flipping cares about other abilities when you are matching for four-digit damage on match-3s, let alone match 4 and 5s and cascades?
    Very true. There's absolutely no downside to running BP+Punisher. They'll make an extremely powerful duo to combine with featured characters. I'm psyched!
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Or pair BP with Falcon and yellow match the enemy to death.
    Yep. BP can tank yellow for Falcon.
    babinro wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Black Panther's Yellow is amazing if this change goes live. I could easily see myself using him in place of Punisher going forward.

Why not both?

Even without Team-Ups, Casting Judgment, then Battleplan would yield (3 * 122) + (3 * 175) = 891 in Strike tiles. With a "Team-Up", that number increases to 1116 in Strike tiles.

At that point, regardless of whoever is the third on the team, who even flipping cares about other abilities when you are matching for four-digit damage on match-3s, let alone match 4 and 5s and cascades?
    Very true. There's absolutely no downside to running BP+Punisher. They'll make an extremely powerful duo to combine with featured characters. I'm psyched!
    Does the Computer use the Cocktail first or does it wait for Rage of the Panther?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Black Panther seems like he got quite an upgrade. He now has 2 high quality abilities, is that enough to bump him into the top tier? Does it even matter when Sentry/Daken just destroys everything?

For 9 yellow AP, he gets 750 worth of strike tiles, with no downside. (Not sure if it consumes team-up AP, but it doesn't sound like it.) That's essentially the strongest strike tile ability in the game. That's more strike tile damage than Sentry with one more AP but no self-damage.

Collecting 12 Team-Up AP is not that easy though - will take just as much effort to fuel as Rage of the Panther - so on the whole he'll 'only' be making 525 worth.
    It's never going to be worth holding on to the yellow waiting to build more Team-Up if you don't already have 12 TU, as you'll be passing up so much additional damage to do so.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Why not both?

I wouldn't say *no* downside, the AI will still generally use Molotov over saving up for RotP. Still, seems like a pretty decent team, and one that lots of people probably already have built.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Black Panther seems like he got quite an upgrade. He now has 2 high quality abilities, is that enough to bump him into the top tier? Does it even matter when Sentry/Daken just destroys everything?

For 9 yellow AP, he gets 750 worth of strike tiles, with no downside. (Not sure if it consumes team-up AP, but it doesn't sound like it.) That's essentially the strongest strike tile ability in the game. That's more strike tile damage than Sentry with one more AP but no self-damage.
    That's only with 12 teamup AP though, which will probably be a lot harder to get than enviro crits.
  • scottee
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    mohio wrote:

That's only with 12 teamup AP though, which will probably be a lot harder to get than enviro crits.

It's still not clear if collecting teamup AP will be the same as Enviro though. If they leave everyone's Enviro ratings the same and just change it to teamup AP, that'll only be one match for some.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure if I'm a fan of these changes that involve Storm or not. I guess it really depends on what this "team-up" function does. All I know right now is that it really messes w/ my fave Thor/Storm/OBW combo. I'm willing to wait and see...
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Why not both?

I wouldn't say *no* downside, the AI will still generally use Molotov over saving up for RotP. Still, seems like a pretty decent team, and one that lots of people probably already have built.

Also consider that when Molotov is cast, that would be 2000ish to the enemy team, plus once an Attack stile is created, that is another 1000ish damage per round from Strike tile synergy.

Either way, whether the AI casts RotP or Molotov, the result is very bad news for the enemy team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looking at the requirement it sounds like each team up tile is just 1 team up AP so you'd need 4 team up match 3s for Battleplan for example.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I heard there was another silhouette? Any news on this?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sounds very interesting.

I would think that the removal of the Dark Reign sub-title will mean that more new story missions are going to be coming someday too?
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pats0132 wrote:
    I heard there was another silhouette? Any news on this?
    The YouTube video I linked to was what was shown, I don't believe there was anything else.
  • scottee
    edited July 2014
    Options
    radiopy wrote:

Looks like team-ups are one token per ability. There's a specific Fury demolition token, or Sentry Supernova token. Looks like you collect them like power-ups.

Also, Deadpool definitely has Red, Purple, and Black.

EDIT: Deadpool's red ability is called "A Little Off the Top".
  • radiopy
    Options
    The environmental tiles now look like "crystals." My guess is you use those like AP to use a team-up, and some characters drop instant team-ups.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I want to know is are you changing storms Match Damage as well or just her ability colors? >.> Also, is Storm Mohawk changing at all from this update since you conveniently left that out.
  • radiopy
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    radiopy wrote:

Looks like team-ups are one token per ability. There's a specific Fury demolition token, or Sentry Supernova token. Looks like you collect them like power-ups.

Also, Deadpool definitely has Red and Purple. The 3rd was unclear, or could be black.

EDIT: Deadpool's red ability is called "A Little Off the Top".

Colors look like red, purple, black passive.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sounds very interesting.

I would think that the removal of the Dark Reign sub-title will mean that more new story missions are going to be coming someday too?

Hopefully we get new characters to battle. I am sick of daken/juggs/venom etc. Maybe we will get one last PVE where we send those guys packing for a very long time.