Options
1235»

Comments

• farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    farlus wrote:
    My bracket appeared tame, then out of nowhere people started rushing. I had my first 1100 reward ever and it was only good for 6th place. Nemek popped in from nowhere to make an already tough bracket tougher. It's gonna be down to the wire. I neeeeeed that second green Sentry!

I had a miracle pull of a green sentry off a standard a couple days ago while trying to get a 1* tanking squad put together, so I don't need the top 5 spot. I'll be staying at 1116 for the rest of the tourney, so no worries from me! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Oh, you're too kind. This has been the hardest I've fought for placement since season 1. Many thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Mmmm.... delectable death brackets of doom.

1170 for top 5 right now.... I'm so glad I only need a Yellow cover to finish him off.

Yeah. Welcome to the bracket Lyrian. Saw your late arrival into the top10.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Holy ****. What a constant fight in my bracket for top 5.

3rd, 1135 perplexsqwirl
    4th, 1133 Myself
    5th, 1095 Grael23
    6th, 1094 Ackerlight

Poor Ackerlight didn't want to shield hop and waited until too late (last 12 minutes) to do a last push, and then either didn't re-shield or got hit.

Crazy fight. I think i spend about 400 HP on this one climbing from 800 to 1133.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1180 for top 5 in mine.. 1000 barely got top 10. Crazy brackets.

And we saw your sneaky player switch 5DP to kick us out of the top 10. icon_razz.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Crazy shuffling in my bracket at the end. It was fun, but a bit stressful, lol.

5uEhcwml.jpg
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like I got in a pretty lazy bracket. Top 10 at 900, top 50 in 600s.

I fell asleep after wandering off to look at the pve last night (always when in the middle of a match, argh), then woke 45 minutes before the end. Lost 100 points while I slept, picked over my retal options and took a few worth about 40 points for very bloody matches, one against a high level Patch/Panther/Ares team that took down my Panther and IM40 early and half-killed LCap, then my 120 LCap finally got enough for his red and blue, used Patch's strike tiles in between waiting for his shields to come back, and walked away with a few hundred health to spare. He's my hero. ♡

After that, the wall of 3* retals went away and I took my time playing some more against some interesting team-ups, and apparently even with that and getting hit 3 times was enough for top 50. No shields! Very relaxing way to do things. Too bad I can only do this on weekends. Net gain - 1 sentry cover for bb Fabio, plus 100hp including progressions to continue investing in my roster slot fund. ONE DAY, DEVS, ONE DAY I WILL GET TO KEEP MY BAGMAN AND YELENA.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So in the end, I spent 375HP and a whole lot of boosts to secure that yellow cover. Might've been able to do it a lot cheaper, but was cautious.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Finished right where I shielded, in 13th place with 879. Good enough for jazz.

Now to see how far I can get in Starfall with a 4/5/1 Sentry...
  • Unknown
    Options
    It seems my bracket was fairly relaxed for once. 950 points would have been enough for 5th, but I played beyond 1000 anyway. A nice surprise after the last 2 events where I as in brackets where 1100 wouldn't even get Top5.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    I'm all done with the PVP, so hit me if I am there. If anyone I my bracket is going for 1st, I won't be chasing you.

I think we've got a nice lazy bracket this time. I'm not hopping again, and I don't think TU1 will either. Anyone below that likely doesn't have the time remaining with the scores they've got, and it would be a big HP sink for them.

Grats on 1st icon_e_biggrin.gif

Came home to find out it did hold up - easy bracket confirmed! Now my x-farce is complete to sit on my mantle.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    Holy ****. What a constant fight in my bracket for top 5.

3rd, 1135 perplexsqwirl
    4th, 1133 Myself
    5th, 1095 Grael23
    6th, 1094 Ackerlight

Poor Ackerlight didn't want to shield hop and waited until too late (last 12 minutes) to do a last push, and then either didn't re-shield or got hit.

Crazy fight. I think i spend about 400 HP on this one climbing from 800 to 1133.
    Yeah I saw that too - Ackerlight sitting in 3rd for most of the night then you guys all jumped over him and like you said he sat there too long.

I also spent like 375 (5 3-hour shields iirc) to make a go at 1st and maintain that top 5. I messed up a couple times getting a little greedy, so could have saved myself some hp, but playing the game is actually fun and staying shielded is not exactly playing the game, so I don't really regret it. Grats on the top 5!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Held on to 12th at the cost of two 3-hour shields so I'll take that.

If I hadn't been busy in the last five minutes (well behaved dogs are important icon_e_wink.gif ) I could've had a crack at 10th - it was only 40 points ahead of me.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    this event was actually pretty fun, got my highest score ever(1306) but alas....my fellow 5DA sham was in my bracket....and my 1306 was only good enough for....3rd :/
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meant to get up for the last half hour, but managed to soundly sleep through it, so I missed T5 by 23 points.
    First time in ages I missed out on T5 but I don't really care, only needed one green Sentry to finish my respec, so it's all good icon_e_smile.gif
    Especially since I made a net gain of 150 HP even with that 8hr shield.

I expect crazy competition again for Captain Marvel covers, but I hope we can go back to normal brackets again after her PVP.
    Feels like Season 1 all over again lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Mmmm.... delectable death brackets of doom.

1170 for top 5 right now.... I'm so glad I only need a Yellow cover to finish him off.

Yeah. Welcome to the bracket Lyrian. Saw your late arrival into the top10.

Very fortunate to be able to look at that leaderboard and have the ability to say **NOPE** to all that shield hopping.

Didn't hang around for the very end, but I assume top 5 ended up requiring 1200 or higher. Ended up bringing up the rear of the leaderboard at 1022, but that was more then plenty for me. I'm satisfied with winning enough HP from placement to cover the shield, although I have to say it is a bit off to win a greater reward from the alliance prize (3000/100) than from a personal placement prize (2000/100).