Predator And Prey - July 23-25 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    I tried to be sneaky and jump into a bracket while everyone was distracted with grinding in PvE - apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm telling ya. Death sharding!
    It's not so bad I've only got a Toxin, a Taco and a Ten Ring so far - top 10 might be doable icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    I tried to be sneaky and jump into a bracket while everyone was distracted with grinding in PvE - apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm telling ya. Death sharding!
    It's not so bad I've only got a Toxin, a Taco and a Ten Ring so far - top 10 might be doable icon_e_surprised.gif

this is my bracket too. and dont look now but nemek is there too...

marc
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top 10 of my bracket has two over 1180 now, but the rest are 900+ to 500+. Good thing I'm not that competitive. Just top 50 to have one cover and net gain of 25 hp with a 3 hour shield will make me a happy kitty.

What are scores for top 100 like for the last few pvps? I'm wondering if I can make it without shielding if the event has a good ending time...

The new rewards tiers are really working well for me. I feel like I can still make progress in my roster without too much stress, and if the new season excitement slows down like it did last season, I can even hit top 25 for 2 covers. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    What are scores for top 100 like for the last few pvps? I'm wondering if I can make it without shielding if the event has a good ending time...
    It obviously depends on the bracket, but over 700 should do the trick.

Which means you'll have to get a lot more than that if you want go unshielded - many tales of woe featuring losses of up to 200 points in the dying moments have been spun here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    what did they do to mmr now... why is a 1* roster getting max 3* as opponents?
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    numez wrote:
    Hit skip a couple of times. It's just your friendly veterans dropping by the 1* neighbourhood before pillaging the villages en route to the 3* castle.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    numez wrote:
    Hit skip a couple of times. It's just your friendly veterans dropping by the 1* neighbourhood before pillaging the villages en route to the 3* castle.

Sorry...had to do it lol

giphy.gif
  • HairyDave
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I've finally seen one of these wonky single cover giants:

WTFReally-1.jpg

Did we ever get an explanation or work out what was happening there?

Checking out the roster was a dead end too - goes to someone completely different.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Colognoisseur just showed up on the top 10 for my bracket. Watch out, 1k+ points people! I really enjoy flipping around his roster covetously. He has a maxed Carol! And a maxed Bagman! / easily entertained.

Apart from the top shielded few, everyone seems fairly chill still. Probably because it's too early to shield as yet.

My mmr has settled perfectly, looks like. Nearly all my opposing team are mixed 2*/underlevelled 3* like myself.

Hit a lvl140 Sentry team for the practice. Sentry fired off World Rupture twice, and I used my newly covered-ISO dump LCap to stun him while whacking him with red shield. Neither World Rupture managed to trigger. Plus the enemy Psylocke used Bewilder then immediately matched away her countdown herself. Straight damage abilities are definitely the way to go on defence....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Strange bracket for me, when I entered it (with 1 day 17hrs left on the clock) there Beee was in my bracket already on 1000 points. Seemed a bit harsh that someone could have clocked up 1000 points before I'd been able to score 25 but, meh, went with it - and it was Beee in any case so a bit of an outlier. With 13hrs left I'm sat unshielded in 7th with 720 points... either I'm in a fairly uncompetitive braket or it's going to kick off majorly in the last 8hrs or so.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I'm just chilling down in the top 20 of my bracket just ahead of the arrogant one.

With less than 600 points. Much nicer than my last bracket icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Strange bracket for me, when I entered it (with 1 day 17hrs left on the clock) there Beee was in my bracket already on 1000 points. Seemed a bit harsh that someone could have clocked up 1000 points before I'd been able to score 25 but, meh, went with it - and it was Beee in any case so a bit of an outlier. With 13hrs left I'm sat unshielded in 7th with 720 points... either I'm in a fairly uncompetitive braket or it's going to kick off majorly in the last 8hrs or so.

I climb quickly to 1000 most occasions.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I've finally seen one of these wonky single cover giants:

WTFReally-1.jpg

Did we ever get an explanation or work out what was happening there?

Checking out the roster was a dead end too - goes to someone completely different.

I've hit this guy twice on my way up. It's a bug from the level shift they did a few weeks ago. Some people are getting to fight with boosted characters. Unfortunately for this poor guy, only one of his chars is boosted.

His roster did show up correctly when I browsed it.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    What the tinykittying tinykitty. Two normal matches against normal teams in a row I get wiped out because of tinykitty cascades. Tinykitty this pvp. I'm going to check out heroic oscorp then see if I feel like continuing later. At least when I get cascaded to tinykitty in pve, I don't lose points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hit the wall a little earlier than I thought (about 720), but shielded and checked out for the night. Fire away gentlemen
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded at 950, as usual skipped Bowgentle few times...but this time game thought that my alliance member is best target for me so used at least 200 ISO for skipping him icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Hit the wall a little earlier than I thought (about 720), but shielded and checked out for the night. Fire away gentlemen
    I experienced the same thing: the wall of 3* was raised clearly just above the 700 mark for this tournament.
    However, even with the disappearance of my favorite target (OBW) I pushed for the 800 reward in order to earn enough hp to buy my 8h shield. icon_e_wink.gif

I'm too lazy to push higher, tourney ends here for me.
    I thought that competition would decrease with the summer but instead it seems more intense. (800 are not sufficient for top 10 7h before tournament's end)
    Is it an effect of summer holidays or just sharding?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    Shielded at 950, as usual skipped Bowgentle few times...but this time game thought that my alliance member is best target for me so used at least 200 ISO for skipping him icon_rolleyes.gif
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I skipped people who looked like they were close to a progression reward and made a mad dash to 1098.
    So decided to make a final fight for the extra cover, find an X-Man for 44... bit of an overkill when I just need 2 points, but I'll take it.
    Good thing I did since I got hit for 36 when I came out of this fight, lol. So I stayed above 1100.
    I must say, playing with 8 hours to go is better for my HP but worse for my nerves icon_lol.gif

Shielded for the duration, fire away if you got me queued!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I skipped people who looked like they were close to a progression reward and made a mad dash to 1098.
    So decided to make a final fight for the extra cover, find an X-Man for 44... bit of an overkill when I just need 2 points, but I'll take it.
    Good thing I did since I got hit for 36 when I came out of this fight, lol. So I stayed above 1100.
    I must say, playing with 8 hours to go is better for my HP but worse for my nerves icon_lol.gif

Shielded for the duration, fire away if you got me queued!

Lets be honest, another reason to skipping you is your roster...still can find better (easier) targets aswell icon_e_wink.gif But if I have similar targets I will skip you anyway.

And for me it was around 800 when full 3* started. 950 points are giving me #2 atm so maybe Ive got easier bracket...finally.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Had a really crazy match this morning: the AI got a monster cascade that allowed it to use all three of Lazy Thor's abilities and Rage of the Panther all in one turn. At the end of the turn, the only guy left standing on my team was Lazy Cap, with less than 500 hp, facing LThor and Panther with over 8000 hp each. But! Cap had red and blue charged up and ready to go, with only two more matches needed to charge yellow. A couple of lucky matches and a red cascade later, and Cap limped away victorious from the field of battle with a whopping 54 hp left.

At which point I put up a shield because I needed a break. Whew.