Predator And Prey - July 23-25 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    Had a really crazy match this morning: the AI got a monster cascade that allowed it to use all three of Lazy Thor's abilities and Rage of the Panther all in one turn. At the end of the turn, the only guy left standing on my team was Lazy Cap, with less than 500 hp, facing LThor and Panther with over 8000 hp each. But! Cap had red and blue charged up and ready to go, with only two more matches needed to charge yellow. A couple of lucky matches and a red cascade later, and Cap limped away victorious from the field of battle with a whopping 54 hp left.

At which point I put up a shield because I needed a break. Whew.
    Sounds like that Cap has earned some ISO-8 if he isn't 166 and/or a 1250 expenditure for his Red or Blue if not cover capped.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    Had a really crazy match this morning: the AI got a monster cascade that allowed it to use all three of Lazy Thor's abilities and Rage of the Panther all in one turn. At the end of the turn, the only guy left standing on my team was Lazy Cap, with less than 500 hp, facing LThor and Panther with over 8000 hp each. But! Cap had red and blue charged up and ready to go, with only two more matches needed to charge yellow. A couple of lucky matches and a red cascade later, and Cap limped away victorious from the field of battle with a whopping 54 hp left.

To quote Chris Berman "And that, is why they play the game!"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:

very nice. Paired with a 551 im40 and the reds fly like Frisbee golf. I maxxed Cap for pve but have no regrets. Sure he is slow, but he can lock down a team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    BTW, sharding if I could kick you in the nuts, I would. Our bracket, top 5 is gonna be 1200 minimum. Crazy but somewhat expected for sentry covers.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Sounds like that Cap has earned some ISO-8 if he isn't 166 and/or a 1250 expenditure for his Red or Blue if not cover capped.

Yeah, I was going to max him anyway, but he's certainly earned his keep now. Also, I feel totally vindicated for all the hours I spent grinding for his blue cover in the Iso-8 event.
  • Rusalka
    Options
    Paired with a 551 im40 and the reds fly like Frisbee golf. I maxxed Cap for pve but have no regrets. Sure he is slow, but he can lock down a team.

I love pairing Cap with IM40 and OBW for the Heavy Metal event. With those two egging him on, Cap doesn't even have to wait for his CDs to finish, he just keeps throwing that shield.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I'm all done with the PVP, so hit me if I am there. If anyone I my bracket is going for 1st, I won't be chasing you.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Malcoran wrote:
    Shielded at 950, as usual skipped Bowgentle few times...but this time game thought that my alliance member is best target for me so used at least 200 ISO for skipping him icon_rolleyes.gif
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I skipped people who looked like they were close to a progression reward and made a mad dash to 1098.
    So decided to make a final fight for the extra cover, find an X-Man for 44... bit of an overkill when I just need 2 points, but I'll take it.
    Good thing I did since I got hit for 36 when I came out of this fight, lol. So I stayed above 1100.
    I must say, playing with 8 hours to go is better for my HP but worse for my nerves icon_lol.gif

Shielded for the duration, fire away if you got me queued!

I shielded for the duration at the same score as you Bowgentle! Then some one lost to me for a +4 boost for me so right now I am 4th instead.

If hit anyone on doing progressions while I was climbing, sorry ! Retal me back now that I am worth a lot of points! ( Sorry mohio! You gave a great amt of points! icon_redface.gif )

Good luck to everyone pushing!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    I'm all done with the PVP, so hit me if I am there. If anyone I my bracket is going for 1st, I won't be chasing you.

I think we've got a nice lazy bracket this time. I'm not hopping again, and I don't think TU1 will either. Anyone below that likely doesn't have the time remaining with the scores they've got, and it would be a big HP sink for them.

Grats on 1st icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    BTW, sharding if I could kick you in the nuts, I would. Our bracket, top 5 is gonna be 1200 minimum. Crazy but somewhat expected for sentry covers.

i have no clue how this shard is working, i tank so much usually i only need like 725 maybe for top 10, this bracket is crazy, going to take like 1k for top 10 it looks like.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah this bracket looked calm 3 hours out, but it looks like 1100 only be enough for top 5 now. Not sure if I want to waste a 2nd shield. Only one of these people need a 2nd green cover anyway
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Malcoran wrote:
    Shielded at 950, as usual skipped Bowgentle few times...but this time game thought that my alliance member is best target for me so used at least 200 ISO for skipping him icon_rolleyes.gif
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I skipped people who looked like they were close to a progression reward and made a mad dash to 1098.
    So decided to make a final fight for the extra cover, find an X-Man for 44... bit of an overkill when I just need 2 points, but I'll take it.
    Good thing I did since I got hit for 36 when I came out of this fight, lol. So I stayed above 1100.
    I must say, playing with 8 hours to go is better for my HP but worse for my nerves icon_lol.gif

Shielded for the duration, fire away if you got me queued!

I shielded for the duration at the same score as you Bowgentle! Then some one lost to me for a +4 boost for me so right now I am 4th instead.

If hit anyone on doing progressions while I was climbing, sorry ! Retal me back now that I am worth a lot of points! ( Sorry mohio! You gave a great amt of points! icon_redface.gif )

Good luck to everyone pushing!
    Hey, no worries man. You got a hit in pretty quickly after I unshielded so it surprised me but I had reshielded by the time you hit me again. We must have the same MMR or something cause I then had to skip you a bunch of times to find some targets worth 30+. I decided to not level BP much and instead level my soon-to-be-maxed Sentry. I think it's the right move overall, but it makes me an easy target (as does Pun/mags). You pros out there, would I be faster using Daken/LT? Would that be a deterrent to possible attackers? Daken is "only" level 155 and 5/4/4.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:

i have no clue how this shard is working, i tank so much usually i only need like 725 maybe for top 10, this bracket is crazy, going to take like 1k for top 10 it looks like.

I am done for the even so fire away all. I decided to only do 1 match on final shield as Yomommaaaa is pushing hard for #1 and needs the wolvie. Had Reck to break 1400 but no need. Go for it as Walkyourpath and I agreed we won't be looking to take it from you. Good luck.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:

Coming for you...I'm only 465 away with a 2* roster. I got a shot.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just how crazy will the last hour be?

Transitioning 3* player here, my main team this time is lvl153 Patch (only 3 yellow), 159 BP (post-boost), 114 Loki. I really want that Yellow Sentry cover, so last night got to 720 and did the full 24 hour shield (I could afford it - have almost complete roster and slots to spare) - which will run out in 17 minutes. Currently I'm #33 in my bracket, guessing #25 is around 780-800 - but where is it likely to end up? I'm afraid that once my shield drops and I start attacking, I'll be hit for significantly more rather quickly...

#10 spot is currently at 911, I'm not making that - haven't been able to hit 900 in months.

Edit: Ok, took it safe, used up a whole bunch of boosts and reshielded at 861/#13. I do hope I don't have to drop the shield....
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My bracket appeared tame, then out of nowhere people started rushing. I had my first 1100 reward ever and it was only good for 6th place. Nemek popped in from nowhere to make an already tough bracket tougher. It's gonna be down to the wire. I neeeeeed that second green Sentry!
  • Rusalka
    Options
    Argh, I had pushed to 9th place with 923 points, and was literally reaching for the shield button when I got hit for 44 points. Now I'm shielded at 13th with 879. Hopefully this'll be enough to keep me in the top 25 so my sentry can finally get that a yellow cover. I already five green for him, so not much point in trying to push for top 5, even if I actually had a shot at it.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    farlus wrote:
    My bracket appeared tame, then out of nowhere people started rushing. I had my first 1100 reward ever and it was only good for 6th place. Nemek popped in from nowhere to make an already tough bracket tougher. It's gonna be down to the wire. I neeeeeed that second green Sentry!

I had a miracle pull of a green sentry off a standard a couple days ago while trying to get a 1* tanking squad put together, so I don't need the top 5 spot. I'll be staying at 1116 for the rest of the tourney, so no worries from me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    farlus wrote:

I had a miracle pull of a green sentry off a standard a couple days ago while trying to get a 1* tanking squad put together, so I don't need the top 5 spot. I'll be staying at 1116 for the rest of the tourney, so no worries from me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Either of you can feel free to throw me a defensive win to get back into our top 10 icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mmmm.... delectable death brackets of doom.

1170 for top 5 right now.... I'm so glad I only need a Yellow cover to finish him off.