First Avenger - July 21-23 - Season IV

Options
12346»

Comments

• kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Oh yeah, I was in your bracket in fresh cut. This one I was in hairydave's (which he posted above) where that wouldn't even get top 5

Top 10 was crazy though, all x-men and 5D apart from myself and 2 others with top 5 @1200. I think Naz might have forgotten that they had shifted finishing times by 1 hour and shielded accordingly which saw him fall dramatically out of the top 10.

I'm basically pursuing the same strategy I was in season 3, which is to either make a hp profit or avoid making a loss on hp. Yesterday was a small 75HP profit for me but it's quite scary (and amusing to me) to see how much the bracket leader was spending in terms of HP to win the extra bag lady cover.

Said it before and will say it again, sharding makes no difference to me as I don't need 1st place and I only play as far as my budget allows. I just feel sorry for everyone else whom the algorithm decides to punish with the arbitrary sharding.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Finished second (again) with over 1000 points (again) behind a player that didn't need the 4* cover (again). Thanks to LoreNYC though for being kind enough to agree to take a top 5 to give me a chance at first and to Beee for not hopping past me at the end. Settling for top 5 when you don't need the covers and there a re people in reach that do is classy.

I was kind of surprised nobody went for it - I wasn't really going for 1st, I just play to 1100 and stop and see where it falls. Sorry about that!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Oh yeah, I was in your bracket in fresh cut. This one I was in hairydave's (which he posted above) where that wouldn't even get top 5

Top 10 was crazy though, all x-men and 5D apart from myself and 2 others with top 5 @1200. I think Naz might have forgotten that they had shifted finishing times by 1 hour and shielded accordingly which saw him fall dramatically out of the top 10.

I'm basically pursuing the same strategy I was in season 3, which is to either make a hp profit or avoid making a loss on hp. Yesterday was a small 75HP profit for me but it's quite scary (and amusing to me) to see how much the bracket leader was spending in terms of HP to win the extra bag lady cover.

Said it before and will say it again, sharding makes no difference to me as I don't need 1st place and I only play as far as my budget allows. I just feel sorry for everyone else whom the algorithm decides to punish with the arbitrary sharding.
    I generally try not to shield hop too, but a 8 hour shield was worth it back when 1k was good enough for the 5k iso. Now that 1100 might not be good enough though....that's not really worth it
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was sitting in the top 50 (around the 650pt mark) all day working my up to (hopefully) top 25, however in the last hour I was spanked down to 102 (only attacked twice for 40pts) the last few pvp's 500 to 600 pts has been enough for top 100 but the last 2 have been brutal, I am hoping the predator and prey is a bit nicer, however with the Sentry covers as prizes, I am not so sure
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Yikes--probably not worth it. icon_e_smile.gif I saw him unshield at the end so i had to do the same because I had already dropped down to fifth and he was going to bump me out. In the end I kept my position but the guy who was in fourth got booted so sixth.

I was watching last hour of event with my friend, tbh it was hilarious to us. Dont want to judge anyone cause I dont know his intentions but it seems more and more like pay to win. Most people were doing shield hopping...half with full BP in their rosters, others needed BP but tbh no idea how they could get so many points with their rosters. 2 place - 166 lvl GSBW, 153 lvl fat Thor, 140 lvl IM (4/4/5), 140 lvl Ragnarok and Cap on 85 lvl. 3 place - 127 lvl Sentry (4/5/4), 127 lvl Falcon, 122 lvl BP (dont remember if it was same lvl before) and 55 lvl Cap (2/2/4). If I will ever saw team like this worth so many points I would be attacking them without thinking...

And bout "death brackets"...

zJimLkt.png

I've never seen so many people over 1k like that. I could see down to 14th, 11th to 14th also over 1k. No matter the prize people will still push a season hard, I imagine just having a competition is enough to get scores higher.

I'm glad I finished top 10...woulda been pissed my 1k wouldn't be good for even top 10!