First Avenger - July 21-23 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    Either people are simply pushing harder this season (unlikely, IW yellow cover) or "gentle nudging" is really back icon_neutral.gif
    Sharding 2: Return of the Nudge! Coming soon to an event near you...be there!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh fer kitty's sake, naz is in this bracket too? Tiny it, I'm just grabbing the HP and not even bothering to wake up tomorrow
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I saw Naz pop up and said screw it - not even trying for top 10 now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Looking on the bright side, if this sharding **** keeps up I'm going to be saving a lot of HP this season. Because **** season rewards and if I don't need the covers I'm not going to bother shielding to get involved in the high score club's bloodbath. Grab my HP at 800, maybe a lottery ticket at 900 if I feel like it, and call it a day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Top 25 Cover completes my BP.

Any U-turning by forumites will be noted and repaid DOUBLE in a future events!
    icon_mrgreen.gif

Hate thanks You in advance. icon_e_wink.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Looking on the bright side, if this sharding **** keeps up I'm going to be saving a lot of HP this season. Because tinykitty season rewards and if I don't need the covers I'm not going to bother shielding to get involved in the high score club's bloodbath. Grab my HP at 800, maybe a lottery ticket at 900 if I feel like it, and call it a day.
    And if it wasn't for the fact I didn't need as many Panther covers as I can get my paws on I'd be joining the lazy club too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    And if it wasn't for the fact I didn't need as many Panther covers as I can get my paws on I'd be joining the lazy club too.

I was planning on taking this event easy, starting late and casually getting top 25 as I only need the black cover. But instead I am put into the same death bracket and now I think it is going to be a bloodbath for the top 25 let alone the top 10.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Prinnys from Thieves Guild...really hit me 3 times in 10 mins? icon_rolleyes.gif

Wonder what the record is for hitting the same person in a short period of time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded for now, hit me if you got me.
    I probably need to make some more points close to the end since the bracket is insane (jonny1punch & Franckynight duking it out on top) so if you could avoid hitting me in the closing minutes, that'd be swell.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daveomite, sorry i hit you. I needed a match to get me over 1000 so i could shield and your name just kept popping up. Please forgive me, i mean you no harm icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Shielded for now, hit me if you got me.
    I probably need to make some more points close to the end since the bracket is insane (jonny1punch & Franckynight duking it out on top) so if you could avoid hitting me in the closing minutes, that'd be swell.

Hit em, HIT EM HARD. Pretend you're Chris Brown and he's Rihanna.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Right I don't meant to sound like I'm complaining but is anyone noticing a different in the level scaling at the moment?

usually I rank around 600-700 points per event if I put the time in because I'm still trying to move from the 2*'s to the 3*s but at the moment once I hit 500 points I move from going against people around the same points as me to only being able to fight people over 800 points and max 166 levels!

Now I know that one day I'll have to face the 166's eventually but at the current moment I can't compete with them and I don't see how I can go any further then 500 because of the matches I'm being offered. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

I was planning on taking this event easy, starting late and casually getting top 25 as I only need the black cover. But instead I am put into the same death bracket and now I think it is going to be a bloodbath for the top 25 let alone the top 10.
    I'm 25th right now with 780 points - I suspect it's going to be hard to hold onto with less than 900 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Solorized wrote:
    Right I don't meant to sound like I'm complaining but is anyone noticing a different in the level scaling at the moment?

usually I rank around 600-700 points per event if I put the time in because I'm still trying to move from the 2*'s to the 3*s but at the moment once I hit 500 points I move from going against people around the same points as me to only being able to fight people over 800 points and max 166 levels!

Now I know that one day I'll have to face the 166's eventually but at the current moment I can't compete with them and I don't see how I can go any further then 500 because of the matches I'm being offered. Is this happening to anyone else?
    I start seeing maxed 2* teams from 200, sometimes as early as 115 right after the seed teams.
    So, yes, apparently they have tinkered with MMR again - I'm one of these 166s teams that beat on you since you're worth juicy points when you're at 500 and I'm just starting my climb.

Nothing much to do for you except tank or let those losses accumulate naturally in events you don't care about, I'm afraid. Sucks, I know :S
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I get belted as soon as I get close to 900 so I'm settling for 830ish - go nuts if you see me cause I'm not unshielding in this hell bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I start seeing maxed 2* teams from 200, sometimes as early as 115 right after the seed teams.
    So, yes, apparently they have tinkered with MMR again - I'm one of these 166s teams that beat on you since you're worth juicy points when you're at 500 and I'm just starting my climb.

Nothing much to do for you except tank or let those losses accumulate naturally in events you don't care about, I'm afraid. Sucks, I know :S

Yeah I figured that. Guess there's nothing I can do but try and fight through it and use my most powerful characters to try and ward people off
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top 25 Cover completes my BP.

Any U-turning by forumites will be noted and repaid DOUBLE in a future events!
    icon_mrgreen.gif

Hate thanks You in advance. icon_e_wink.gif
    I'm in the same boat and will try to keep an eye out for you. I did some experimenting with Daken (Classic) in this tournament as I had saved up enough HP to get his last strike tile cover. Unfortunately, I'm currently shielded and recharging health packs, and probably need 300-400 more points to end up in Top 25 for this bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I don't have any familiar names, but familiar alliances. X2 and Ace of Blades members so far. I don't know who else is hiding down towards the bottom.

Darn I am unfamiliar. Well guess it keeps me some what under the radar that way. Man this sharding is really screwy. I can not get a match worth over 10 pts. have used 2.5k iso searching
  • Unknown
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I don't have any familiar names, but familiar alliances. X2 and Ace of Blades members so far. I don't know who else is hiding down towards the bottom.

Darn I am unfamiliar. Well guess it keeps me some what under the radar that way. Man this sharding is really screwy. I can not get a match worth over 10 pts. have used 2.5k iso searching

Well, you and bokebreak can keep fighting for first... I'm sadly down at 7th. lol. Still 50 points away from top 5. Don't think it's too bad for a transitioning team. Throw some points my way. lol