First Avenger - July 21-23 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Shielded at about 830 for the duration, more for season points than anything else, since I don't need the covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Shielded at about 830 for the duration, more for season points than anything else, since I don't need the covers.

30 points away from me. That is all the separates 8th and 11th. I see you.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quick tanking question for the experts - do defensive losses count as tanking too? Or is it just your score factoring into mmr? Or does the computer just feel sorry for you sometimes?

While I spent a day peacefully at work, happy hunting teams chewed me down by some 200 points, then I came back and my third match in, a dazzling six-series cascade with too many flashing criticals to count wiped me out and now I'm surrounded by underlevelled teams barely worth 20-23 points, 24-26 if I skip. /helpless flaily hands
  • Unknown
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I don't have any familiar names, but familiar alliances. X2 and Ace of Blades members so far. I don't know who else is hiding down towards the bottom.

Darn I am unfamiliar. Well guess it keeps me some what under the radar that way. Man this sharding is really screwy. I can not get a match worth over 10 pts. have used 2.5k iso searching

Well, you and bokebreak can keep fighting for first... I'm sadly down at 7th. lol. Still 50 points away from top 5. Don't think it's too bad for a transitioning team. Throw some points my way. lol

If I happen to break 1200 it will be the first time for me.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

830 is good enough for 8th? Why can't I be in that bracket icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    850 is 8th. Ben is in 11th with 830.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my Bagtoken (yes, I actually did get a Bagman, woo!) at 900 and I'm done. Not shielding. Be kind. Please? icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    850 is 8th. Ben is in 11th with 830.
    My mistake.

11th is still better than the 26th it would get you in my bracket. Someone want to do me a solid and send a defensive win my way? Please?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

830 is good enough for 8th? Why can't I be in that bracket icon_cry.gif

It's still a worse bracket than nearly any bracket I had in Season 2 or 3. I might have pushed for a few more points, but there was a wall of 166s worth 18-22 points and nothing more, and I just decided it wasn't worth it.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I offer no offense to you, Ben Grimm (and they need to add him to the game), because this isn't about you specifically, but this is part of what is wrong with this game.

As someone who NEEDS the covers (3* covers in general), my ability to get them is hampered by those who don't. You need the points. You need the ISOs.

Yet the climb to get those covers must often be over and through the more complete teams who couldn't care less about the covers themselves.

Part of that is the Season Rankings and part of that is MMR.

I have 6 maxed heroes. And the climb keeps feeling steeper.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I offer no offense to you, Ben Grimm (and they need to add him to the game), because this isn't about you specifically, but this is part of what is wrong with this game.

As someone who NEEDS the covers (3* covers in general), my ability to get them is hampered by those who don't. You need the points. You need the ISOs.

Yet the climb to get those covers must often be over and through the more complete teams who couldn't care less about the covers themselves.

One of few the positives of death brackets - a lot of the guys and gals who don't need the covers have been "Gentle Nudged" together so people who do need them can fight amongst themselves.

Of course there are people who get trapped in death brackets who could use covers too...
  • Unknown
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I agree, actually. I wish there was an alternate path I could use to get ISO without keeping someone else from getting the covers. Letting us choose some alternate patch might help alleviate this, as long as it didn't result in us choosing some sort of hyper-death-bracket in the process. But they've never really indicated any possibility to do this, so I pretty much have to keep plugging away at the pvps, even though I only need covers for a fraction of the 3*s (9, two of which are respecs).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have one character over 94 & that's LT @ 158, my bracket is @ 1008 for #10 and #25 is 849. Hard to level up characters when your spending all your iso constantly hitting skip. Can they get a clue most people aren't going to attack someone with 72 higher levels on 2 characters. I've skipped DreamRuiner 50 times now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I climbed to 820 and got smacked down 120 points when I was about to shield. I got back to 750 and I will check back later to see if I am still in the top 25. I really need the black cover. 820 was going to put be around 11th? The scoring this season is massive I had 2 Xmen in my bracket at 1 and 2 both over 1300.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just checked again and 916 is top 10. I will need to shield hop again just to get top 25.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not exactly a death bracket, but I'm definitely in a tougher bracket than I have been in a long time, despite starting this event at my usual time. Tenth place is currently 1,034 points with a little under 2 hours to go. (Lucky for me, I have 1,102 points.) icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if it's sharding--back with a vengeance--or the lack of tanking on my part since season 3 ended.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely harder bracketing for me thus far. I went to bed with ~700 and in 14th, woke up in 26th. 700 was top 25 easily for most of season 3, not so much this time around.

Annoying cause there wasn't really much point to the 24hr shield I put up, could've logged in this morning and quickly ramped back up enough to lock 1 cover with an 8hr. Live and learn.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    It's not exactly a death bracket, but I'm definitely in a tougher bracket than I have been in a long time, despite starting this event at my usual time. Tenth place is currently 1,034 points with a little under 2 hours to go. (Lucky for me, I have 1,102 points.) icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if it's sharding--back with a vengeance--or the lack of tanking on my part since season 3 ended.

Vudu I see you! We are in same bracket I'm down there in 8th trying to hold top 10, sheesh. Guys at 11 and 12 are at 1020. Since when is 1k not top 10?? I thought nobody was excited about IW season reward. Nobody at crazy 1300\1400 points in our bracket but like 14 people above 1k...crazy.

Good job with 1st BTW. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good job with 1st BTW. icon_mrgreen.gif
    I'm sitting happily in fourth. I don't need an IW yellow so I won't be pushing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Definitely harder bracketing for me thus far. I went to bed with ~700 and in 14th, woke up in 26th. 700 was top 25 easily for most of season 3, not so much this time around.

Annoying cause there wasn't really much point to the 24hr shield I put up, could've logged in this morning and quickly ramped back up enough to lock 1 cover with an 8hr. Live and learn.

I dont need any covers so not really worried where I finish but 800 might just squeeze me into top 50.