Season IV - July 18 - Aug 17

Options

Comments

• Does anybody know how many PVPs there will be in this season? After The Deadpool event, how many more are there going to be? I'm doing some math and trying to figure out if I can get the 5k prog reward.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Does anybody know how many PVPs there will be in this season? After The Deadpool event, how many more are there going to be? I'm doing some math and trying to figure out if I can get the 5k prog reward.
    Thirteen is the assumption so three more including the Hot Shot round up next.

That's assuming we don't get an extension to make up for the problems at the end of Lard of Thunder.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Does anybody know how many PVPs there will be in this season? After The Deadpool event, how many more are there going to be? I'm doing some math and trying to figure out if I can get the 5k prog reward.

That's assuming we don't get an extension to make up for the problems at the end of Lard of Thunder.
    Surely they would have said something if they were going to d...pftahahaa I can't even finish that sentence icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

Surely they would have said something if they were going to d...pftahahaa I can't even finish that sentence icon_lol.gif
    I'm expecting an announcement with 12 hours to go in the season icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When is hot shot gonna start? I'm 150pts away from the 5000 prog award and Thats all I want for this season Lol.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When is hot shot gonna start? I'm 150pts away from the 5000 prog award and Thats all I want for this season Lol.
    <.< Why aren't you getting that 150 out of Simulator?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because the simulator hates me with a fiery passion.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

What about the simulator?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

It hates people with fiery passion apparently.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

It hates people with fiery passion apparently.

It likes me. I just started last night and it keeps giving me 50-point 2* teams to fight. And that's without any tanking.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    It hates boldfacedfemme with fiery passion apparently.
    There I fixed it.
  • Geez those Lightning Rounds. Am 60th. Play a match get 21st. Retreat a Match, get 56th. icon_mad.gif

The payout should be
    2 LR Tokens
    2 Heroic Tokens
    1 LR Token
    1 Heroic Token.

NOT

2 LR Tokens
    1 LR Token
    2 Heroic Tokens
    1 Heroic Token

Do most people really want an Event Token instead of 2 Heroic tokens? I am not really complaining but it seems crazy to have to retreat into a lesser prize range.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Geez those Lightning Rounds. Am 60th. Play a match get 21st. Retreat a Match, get 56th. icon_mad.gif

The payout should be
    2 LR Tokens
    2 Heroic Tokens
    1 LR Token
    1 Heroic Token.

NOT

2 LR Tokens
    1 LR Token
    2 Heroic Tokens
    1 Heroic Token

Do most people really want an Event Token instead of 2 Heroic tokens? I am not really complaining but it seems crazy to have to retreat into a lesser prize range.
    But but but I like the challenge of aiming for 25-50. Makes ISO farming fun!

Trick is to save up a node from when you first climbed. It was 25 pt but will be 7 or 8 pts by the time you get to 250/300 ish. Retreat with 2/3 mins to go. If you fall out of 50 (hopefully not by too much) then beating that 7 or 8 pts node will get you in the 25-50 band. If you fell too far out...then 1 Heroic token is still better than 1 LR token (IMO) icon_e_biggrin.gif.
  • hurcules wrote:
    If you fell too far out...then 1 Heroic token is still better than 1 LR token (IMO) icon_e_biggrin.gif.

I did the math, Lightning token 17.5% chance 3 star, Regular token 16.2% chance. Slightly better odds with LR token, if you are okay with the featured villians
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trolled my way up from 1.2k to 1.9k in simulator in one night's work, with judicious use of deadpool, rags, doom (good even at L76) and daredevil mixed in whenever I thought I could get away with it. Tried psylocke too, but she really wasn't up to snuff yet at L91.

It's way more fun than the featured tourneys - so many enemy team combinations, so I felt free to match similarly suboptimal combinations against them. I didn't even care when the occasional ridiculous cascade wiped me.

Plus the way daredevil looks like he is smelling something bad when radar sense works amuses me, and I get a tiny thrill whenever he gets a crotch kick off. I've killed off as many as 2/3 of whole teams by kicking, he's practically a chorus girl.

If I could have maintained this sort of fooling around, I would have tried to go after the Mororo progression award too, but from 1600+ on the teams got progressively more serious, and at 1700-1800 there were really way more L166-140 sentry combinations than I cared to challenge with my L138-102 rabble of Not-Sentry/Daken, and everyone else was worth meh points.

I did take out a Sentry/Daken/Hulk with Punisher/IM40/Cap with help from a SuperHulk Clap and a miniThor Call the Storm teamup, plus IM40 managed to get his Recharge on. There were a lot of red and blue frisbees flying around towards the end, it was a really bloody and close match. Netted myself 36 points and a L166 World Rupture for a trophy (sorry but I really wanted that TU), and skipped his team many times after that.

But at this point it's almost like the normal tourneys except you don't get pummelled by a dozen climbing teams every minute. No fun.

So. I have my season progression award at 10k and all the hp to be had in simulator. Unshielded at 1.9k. Please feel free to hit me.

(Should I switch back to Daredevil/Rags/someone else as a bigger kick-me sign?)
  • (Should I switch back to Daredevil/Rags/someone else as a bigger kick-me sign?)

If you want a kick me sign, Bagman is ready to be your third
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    (Should I switch back to Daredevil/Rags/someone else as a bigger kick-me sign?)

If you want a kick me sign, Bagman is ready to be your third

Bagman does not love me. I have a slot all saved up, but cannot get him for love or money. /weeps
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone in the smokecat/vi5ion bracket know about where top 50 is?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I'd like to know too - but purely for academic reasons. I've been hovering around 100 all season and I don't think that's going to change much in the next 48 hours.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

I'm 38th right now in that bracket -- can only see to 42nd, but that's currently 14138.