Season IV - July 18 - Aug 17

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, my 1.2k at the end of the event was only at, like, 43 or so in my season bracke. Good thing the points are like whose line! icon_lol.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    1030 gets you rank 200 in my bracket, Lidocaine is leading with 2200+.
    At least it's not quite as insane as last season's bracket of doom, but since Flo is probably in there too there's no point in trying for t5.
    So I'll just cruise to some Bagmen ten packs and enjoy not having to fight for Fury covers.
    I m still down with you bowgentle.. Eu Time lol.. Most of lidocaine points come from sim (only 900 in fc..) but there are some 5dv and xmen.. But top 10 even top 5 should be ours if we put 1000-1100 pts each pvp..
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    At least it's not quite as insane as last season's bracket of doom, but since Flo is probably in there too there's no point in trying for t5.
    So I'll just cruise to some Bagmen ten packs and enjoy not having to fight for Fury covers.
    I m still down with you bowgentle.. Eu Time lol.. Most of lidocaine points come from sim (only 900 in fc..) but there are some 5dv and xmen.. But top 10 even top 5 should be ours if we put 1000-1100 pts each pvp..

MrDogfather and I are in there too. Still better than last season's bracket with gipsy, electro, etc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Wasn't quite as nice as I thought. My 1100 is 12th. Probably won't be competing for top 10 this time either
    1100 is 12th? I can only see the top-10 in mine, but 10th has 1536 right now.

When did you start the Season? I waited until Sunday to start, hoping I'd get an easier bracket (I've missed top fifty in every season so far, last time by one place) and ended up in your almost full bracket this time. I'm trying to figure out whether waiting is pointless (which is what I expect) or whether I just timed it badly.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Wasn't quite as nice as I thought. My 1100 is 12th. Probably won't be competing for top 10 this time either

When did you start the Season? I waited until Sunday to start, hoping I'd get an easier bracket (I've missed top fifty in every season so far, last time by one place) and ended up in your almost full bracket this time. I'm trying to figure out whether waiting is pointless (which is what I expect) or whether I just timed it badly.
    It took a long time to fill up.

I got in when it was half-full (I'm guessing at about the same time as Twysta) which was about 16 hours before you joined us.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like I said before, I must have just missed y'all's, joining around 11AM PST yesterday. Notables in mine that I can see are Morgh, Sauce, Thanos2, Ghast, KINGsucram23, GodDangIt, and a couple other names I recognize from the top of past brackets but not sure if they're on the forum much or not. Even with the 2nd PvP open, 1st is still only at 1479 so I'd say we have it considerably easier than you guys. My 1107 is now good for 25th.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad all the people who said "sweet, IW covers means I can take a break" really meant it. First PvP looks as insane as ever.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    mohio wrote:

It took a long time to fill up.

I got in when it was half-full (I'm guessing at about the same time as Twysta) which was about 16 hours before you joined us.
    I joined Saturday night, around 10 pm PDT.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Like I said before, I must have just missed y'all's, joining around 11AM PST yesterday. Notables in mine that I can see are Morgh, Sauce, Thanos2, Ghast, KINGsucram23, GodDangIt, and a couple other names I recognize from the top of past brackets but not sure if they're on the forum much or not. Even with the 2nd PvP open, 1st is still only at 1479 so I'd say we have it considerably easier than you guys. My 1107 is now good for 25th.
    I'm in that one too, and for what it's worth it filled up right around the swap from Psylocke to Cap tournament. I think there were only about 1000 people around 11AM EDT.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm assuming I'm in a tough bracket since I'm #137 with 1446 points. 1st is a 5dv with 2528 and 10th is 2100.

Daveomite I see you in 4th...always kickin butt! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm assuming I'm in a tough bracket since I'm #137 with 1446 points. 1st is a 5dv with 2528 and 10th is 2100.

There seems to be a few in here..... but don't stress. I know you and know you can kick butt too! Keep in mind, a lot of people already have a bunch of sim points, so that can make their season totals deceiving. You got this!
  • Unknown
    Options
    What is this, remove the pressure of people feeling like they MUST perform and they play just as much or more and seem to enjoy it too?? What psychological trickery is this!
  • Unknown
    Options

I'm in that same bracket. Walkyourpath has also shown up in the top10 now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    many of us can already care less about season scores but still do pvp because of the damn alliance scores. That's what really needs to be changed. Maybe to top 10? maybe only half the events? Somehow cutting anything would be nice
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is this, remove the pressure of people feeling like they MUST perform and they play just as much or more and seem to enjoy it too?? What psychological trickery is this!
    Sharding.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pretty sure I got you beat. I have 1563 at this moment, good for 288th. Have Gipsy_Danger and MikeyDollar7 with 4k+ each already leading the pack. 10th is 3211.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    many of us can already care less about season scores but still do pvp because of the damn alliance scores. That's what really needs to be changed. Maybe to top 10? maybe only half the events? Somehow cutting anything would be nice

Or you could, you know, leave your hardcore alliance and join one that doesn't care about scores so you can avoid playing for weeks if you want without feeling guilty,
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Flo? What Flo.....?
  • Unknown
    Options

For the moment they're running events with prizes people actually want, so yeah.

We'll see how much people care about their season scores once they eventually revert to running tournaments for characters like Rags and Loki.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How does the Season ranking work?

Currently in Season 4 my overall ranking is 480, but every individual event I have ranked considerably higher. In SHIELD I'm rated 301. Currently rated 185 in Panther and Prey (started today), finished 234 in First Avenger and finished 25 in Fresh Cut. I understand than point numbers are different in every event, but how is it possible that my overall is so low?

Do lightning rounds also get included into the season somehow?