[User Collected] Recruit token probability

Options

Comments

• MrMeer wrote:
    You cannot pull a 4* from a standard token.

This is not true. Before I found this thread, I pulled a yellow Wolvie 4*. It's only one data point, but it demonstrates it is possible...
    (Aside: Don't know what the heck to do with him now though, seeing as the chances of pulling another appear to be infinitesimal...)

I pulled a green wolverine from standard token. Just wait until you get more. Mine is 2/2/2 and only one of those is from a tournament.
    How many did you open? 5 4-stars sounds like a ridiculous amount.

My standard tokens have been ****, but I just got a red Mags from a Diabolical, which I know should make someone jealous. Although, generally I get Hood and Loki from those.

The others were all from heroics. Just 1 from standard.
  • Sorry, can't open google docs at work, but during my lunch break, worked through 51 tokens I had saved up. Results?

1 ***
    10 **
    The rest were *

Of course, all ** were ones I didn't need, but I think the RNG knows that. Details below.

IM 30 Yellow
    IM 30 Blue
    M BW Blue
    C Hawkeye Purple
    ** O BW Blue
    Venom Black
    Venom Purple
    ** Cap Yellow
    Dark BW Black
    C Hawkeye Red
    C Hawkeye Purple
    IM 30 Yellow
    Venom Purple
    Juggernaut Red
    Venom Black
    IM 30 Yellow
    M Storm Black
    IM 30 Red
    M Storm Black
    IM 30 Red
    ** Bagman Spiderman Blue
    Juggernaut Green
    *** IM 40 Blue
    IM 30 Yellow
    M BW Purple
    M Storm Red
    M Storm Green
    IM 30 Blue
    ** Moonstone Purple
    IM 30 Blue
    ** Thor Green
    ** Magnetic Marvel Now Purple
    C Hawkeye Red
    IM 30 Yellow
    ** O BW Blue
    M Storm Black
    Dark BW Black
    Venom Black
    ** Thor Yellow
    IM 30 Yellow
    Juggernaut Green
    Dark BW Black
    IM 30 Red
    Venom Black
    ** Moonstone Purple
    IM 30 Blue
    **M. Hawkeye Purple
    M BW Purple
    M Hawkeye Red
    Dark BW Purple
    C Hawkeye Purple
  • i've also gotten 4* wolverine from a standard pack. I have no idea how many I've opened but in the several hundreds at least, since I've probably played for about 50 days and some days I open 5+ from events. probably like 400 total I'd say.

so the chance I think is there, its just not great icon_razz.gif
  • I have 2 yellow 4* wolverine and for some reason i haven't saw any bag man in a lot of time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Iron Man 35 and Storm are significantly more likely in the 1* than any other single character.

That's easy to explain: they're the only 1* characters with three powers. You're not pulling characters, you're pulling available 1* powers. I'd bet the probability for 2-power vs. 3-power heroes at higher tiers shows a similar distribution.
  • Just bought Hulk 10x power-up to get a guaranteed Punisher, I was going to add my results to the spreadsheet but no tab for that one yet, so here:

Punisher - Red
    Cpt Amer - Blue
    Cpt amer - Yellow
    Spider-Man - Purple
    Wolverine - Red
    Wolverine - Red
    Cpt Amer - Red
    Cpt Amer - Red
    Cpt Amer - Blue
    Cpt Amer - Red
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Added a tab and the results. Thanks for getting it started!
  • Remember, the puniser was a guarantee. That's not exactly statistically accurate.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how to handle that. I'm leaning towards just removing it from the stats.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Added a tab and the results. Thanks for getting it started!

Don't think it matters, but the rewards screen refers to the recruit token as Powered Up, not Hulk. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Yeah, I wasn't sure how to handle that. I'm leaning towards just removing it from the stats.

If only 1 Punisher then don't include it. But additional covers should be included.

Alternately include both and realize the stats are just going to be wrong. Because I'm not sure people will follow instructions that well, even if you put them on the tab.
  • I am shocked.
    Pulled a Red Ragnarok from standard token.....
  • The day after I bought my Rag the 5th red skill point ... I pulled one from the diabolical token. My luck.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    The day after I bought my Rag the 5th red skill point ... I pulled one from the diabolical token. My luck.

Back during Heroic Venom I bought red Thor to get it to level 4. I sold two red Thors the next day after maxing it from another one I got. And I pulled a red Ragnarok just this week from a Heroic... although at least that was over a week after using saved HP for 3 upgrades on his red.
  • Bought 2 punisher 10x packs

Punisher - green
    Wolverine - green
    Spider Man - blue
    Wolvie - yellow
    Wolvie - red
    Spidey - purple
    Punisher - red
    Wolvie - green
    Cap - blue
    Spidey - purple

Punisher - red
    Wolvie - green
    Cap - red
    Cap - yellow
    Wolvie - yellow
    Wolvie - green
    Spidey - blue
    Cap - blue
    Wolvie - green
    Spidey - yellow

First set had 5 3* covers including the automatic punisher, second had 3. All in all decent, except my spidey was capped. Would have liked more Punishers icon_e_smile.gif
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Awesome data, thanks __fulu__! Should be interesting to see what happens when people start getting their sub-mission reward tokens -- if the probability looks anything like what you got, that'll be fantastic, especially with the 3* tournament this weekend.
  • 2 Wolvies and a Cap from the Hulk tokens, sad day!
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Added you to the sheet.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Bought 2 punisher 10x packs

Punisher - green
    Wolverine - green
    Spider Man - blue
    Wolvie - yellow
    Wolvie - red
    Spidey - purple
    Punisher - red
    Wolvie - green
    Cap - blue
    Spidey - purple

Punisher - red
    Wolvie - green
    Cap - red
    Cap - yellow
    Wolvie - yellow
    Wolvie - green
    Spidey - blue
    Cap - blue
    Wolvie - green
    Spidey - yellow

First set had 5 3* covers including the automatic punisher, second had 3. All in all decent, except my spidey was capped. Would have liked more Punishers icon_e_smile.gif
    so you paid 6k hp for 3 punisher covers...none of which were black. I hope you didn't have green and red before or you came up pretty empty on that. The first grouping would have been nice fire most though, so it was a lucky group of pulls. For you though...probably ahouldnt be spending
    n this pa k given spidey is half the *** rewards lol.

Pulled my 2 tokens, blue spidey blue cap..yay. I am saving the standard from this event, so ill give the number and items when it is over.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, that ~10% chance of a 2* seems reasonable. I just did 35 standard tokens, and the only 2*s were 2 red caps and a purple bagman