Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• This event almost wants me to put ISO into Moonstone... But not as much as The Hunt makes me want to dump it into Modern Hawkeye. Sticking with Rag 72/Venom 40/Yelena 30 - it's scared off most comers thus far (but don't think I didn't notice, Zathrus...)
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    This event almost wants me to put ISO into Moonstone... But not as much as The Hunt makes me want to dump it into Modern Hawkeye. Sticking with Rag 72/Venom 40/Yelena 30 - it's scared off most comers thus far (but don't think I didn't notice, Zathrus...)

<whistles innocently>
  • Truely, if it's a passive fest with rags, then Yelena will have her use this tourney. Verily!

Alright, as Tony would say: same rule, no talking.

But really, Yelena has found a pretty good spot with my Moonstone and Bullseye in this tournament. Considering that Bullseye's black does the same thing in essence, deals damage, and removes two enemy tiles, no competition for AP there. Same with Moonstone. Not a single countdown tile? Oh well.

So far no attacks, but then again, I just barely broke 250 a bit ago, so I may not be showing up on anyone's radar yet. Oh well, the less the better, honestly.

IceIX -- I'm currently staring at a team in the DA Tourney that has 684 points, username Vorpal Spork. Team is L77 Thor, L40 Black Widow, L50 Modern Storm.

Reporting in game, but this is clearly not a seed team, and it's not someone playing honestly it seems.
  • Think I'm lucky enough for an easy bracket. Have only seen a couple rags higher than mine which us 70 or so. My other DA covers are lacking to say the least though. Dakken 16 and bullseye 20 don't add much except annoying passives.

Hopefully I get my 1st blue spidey !
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Zathrus wrote:

IceIX -- I'm currently staring at a team in the DA Tourney that has 684 points, username Vorpal Spork. Team is L77 Thor, L40 Black Widow, L50 Modern Storm.

Reporting in game, but this is clearly not a seed team, and it's not someone playing honestly it seems.
    Interesting. That player's last team was exactly what you stated, but used in Episode 2. They made a rush up the standings on day 1 with a more normal team, played Episode 2, then hit the next milestone in the DA Tourney. My *guess* is that whatever the bug is that lets you double up on Team Ups in missions where you shouldn't be able to can be manipulated into keeping team choices. I'll stick QA on it in the morning. At the moment, I'd go towards unintentional exploit more than cheat in this case.
  • And to add more weirdness, I'm looking at another team right now (just pulled up after hitting Skip on a low ranked team) and the name looked familiar. Yup, it's the leader in my bracket, ahead of me by 44 points at 661 pts. Except that the matchup shows him at 427 points (playername Williamk99). It's a valid team though, and good enough to be at that level (94 Rag, 33 Daken, 59 Bullseye).

And it's not like he gained 250-ish points since he was pulled up on my match screen -- when I completed my last match he was ahead of me by 1 point at 618.

After beating him I got 27 points (initial screen displayed +14, matchup screen showed me with an additional 13), which seems right. It more concerns me that the number displayed for a brand new matchup was so completely messed up.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Zathrus wrote:
    And to add more weirdness, I'm looking at another team right now (just pulled up after hitting Skip on a low ranked team) and the name looked familiar. Yup, it's the leader in my bracket, ahead of me by 44 points at 661 pts. Except that the matchup shows him at 427 points (playername Williamk99). It's a valid team though, and good enough to be at that level (94 Rag, 33 Daken, 59 Bullseye).

And it's not like he gained 250-ish points since he was pulled up on my match screen -- when I completed my last match he was ahead of me by 1 point at 618.

After beating him I got 27 points (initial screen displayed +14, matchup screen showed me with an additional 13), which seems right. It more concerns me that the number displayed for a brand new matchup was so completely messed up.
    Just looked, the bracket rating value was correct. Not sure why it would display him so much lower though. Another one to check into on the morrow!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Just looked, the bracket rating value was correct. Not sure why it would display him so much lower though. Another one to check into on the morrow!

Sorry to keep giving you work man! I'm pretty much done for the night though.

FWIW, the retaliation had the right score (and lo, it came quickly -- as did my counter retaliation).

Thought -- does the game keep an internal list of matchups? Maybe that one was a few hours old? I've noticed that when on the train that I can often keep hitting "skip" even after going into a tunnel and losing signal, and I still get teams.

Potentially related -- I don't think I've seen the annoying grey no-target since R43 dropped.
  • I get wrong point values all the time.
  • Zathrus wrote:

I fought this team earlier too.
  • And lo and behold, I see Funny Russkie in my bracket. Are you trying for Spidey as well?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also @ Dayv, don't burn that wolverine unless it has almost no ISO in it. He still works as a decent "throw him in" card to get blasted by a high damage attack with that other build.

Hmm. He's level 43. I suppose I could keep him as a backup Wolverine... I was figuring on getting the ISO for selling him to add a few levels to his replacement.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Interesting. That player's last team was exactly what you stated, but used in Episode 2. They made a rush up the standings on day 1 with a more normal team, played Episode 2, then hit the next milestone in the DA Tourney. My *guess* is that whatever the bug is that lets you double up on Team Ups in missions where you shouldn't be able to can be manipulated into keeping team choices. I'll stick QA on it in the morning. At the moment, I'd go towards unintentional exploit more than cheat in this case.

This is the same player I reported as having an improper team in 3* tourney.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=892
  • I took 100 pts off vorpal spork =)
  • I purged my ISO coffer to raise dakan and bullseye to playable levels. I really wanted to put that into spidey/I'm/grey suit/3*** character/storm (I need ISO lol). So now I feel a need to do decent in this tournement or it will feel like a waste. I got bullseye to 20 ish and dakan to 35...seems to be enough to get to about 300 pts but beyond that its the land of giants or at least max dakans.

I will say, while its irritating, its also more relaxing fighting without any active powers (well, a 1 red lvl 15 thunderclap but...that destroys my attack tiles). Take out rag and the tournement could have been somewhat interesting. My goal is top 5 but I might be relegated to top 50 since it ends at the ungodly.hour of 6 am for me. In top 15 right now with a match or two away from top 8.
  • After reading comments I think that I am only person which aim for first place in this tournament. I am crazy icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Polkio wrote:
    After reading comments I think that I am only person which aim for first place in this tournament. I am crazy icon_e_smile.gif

I'm shooting for 1st as well. Last tournament, I shot for 1st and got 2nd, then sold off 3 doom covers. From the other comments, I'm pretty sure that somehow makes me an awful person...
  • Good luck, man. My Spidey is already 5/5/3 and I have all IW colors from Red ISO, so I'm sitting this one out.

glhf everyone else. Hope the newer players get some Spidey covers icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 1 place would be quite easy bcos everyone aiming for spidey. And euro friendly time of course. GL everyone