Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Options

Comments

• AdamMagus wrote:
    Won't get far with my 50 Rag/60 Daken/33 Bullseye

Guess I should've spread my ISO around a bit more instead of dumping it all on Magneto(Classic)/Astonishing Wolverine/Invisible Woman

Oh the comedy sir... you are hilarious...

Honestly from what I've been faced with so far, those three would wreck shop for a while. Sure maybe you won't win, but you will place well.

My 18 Rag/10 Moonstone/19 Daken are staring at you disparagingly, btw.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:

Guess I should've spread my ISO around a bit more instead of dumping it all on Magneto(Classic)/Astonishing Wolverine/Invisible Woman

Honestly from what I've been faced with so far, those three would wreck shop for a while. Sure maybe you won't win, but you will place well.

I'm running 100 Rag / 69 Daken / 24 bullseye and i would say my team is average...
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    rabscutle wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:

I'm running 100 Rag / 69 Daken / 24 bullseye and i would say my team is average...

I hate you both so much... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My wife leaned over to see what I was playing.

"Pheromone Rage? Really?"
  • rabscutle wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    rabscutle wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:

I hate you both so much... icon_e_wink.gif

Well in my MMR i'm seeing 115 rag / 69 daken / 85 moonstone or 40 venom both of which are big pains in the butt
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I jumped into this tourney fairly late last night since I figured some people may hold off to get the higher payouts. However, there's something extremely disheartening about this tourney. I run a Daken, Moonstone, Bullseye team and I've been sitting in first place since last night with only needing a single battle to obtain it back if I drop. My bracket however seems to doing this thing where the goal is obviously second place (purposely getting attacked) and it's kept everyone under 500 points thus far. Do you think this is because of the Spider-man reward is more sought after than IW? Personally, I'm after Spider-man but you can guess how this is gonna go if the trend continues.
  • yeah i jumped in last night and its clear people are tanking near the top to try to get 2. the point difference is very damn small. i'm gonna go charging all the way up to create better separation for people aiming for spidey (that and the tournament ends at 6am so if i get hit, i hope i'm still top 10)

edit: my bracket has 0 ppl i recognize, i swear the whole waiting for brackets thing has created a new meta
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    my bracket has 0 ppl i recognize, i swear the whole waiting for brackets thing has created a new meta
    Good luck because I feel there were a few rag teams that decided to hold off. Honestly, I'd probably use him myself if I didn't draw two greens. Though my biggest issue is that I can't draw any Venoms to save to life and I have yet to get a Blue Spider-Man classic since launch and playing everyday.
  • forgrim wrote:
    edit: my bracket has 0 ppl i recognize, i swear the whole waiting for brackets thing has created a new meta

Same here.

I just remembered I probably won't be awake yet when this one ends, unless the dog wakes me up like with Double Shot.
  • I was just having fun wrecking stuff with my big Rags and accidentally got 250 points higher than the 2nd place in my bracket. If they don't catch up by tomorrow night I'm gonna have to buy a new cover slot to sub in a lv1 Yelena and let myself get beat down a bit lol.
  • Why Bullseye? Don't see getting 4 crits out there for him to launch his nuke. Are the two crits that he can send out for 16 black that powerful unboosted? Is it just that with slim pickings he is the best of a bad lot? The other one I'd consider is Venom who uses 12 black for fixed damage. Are the crits that much more powerful for the extra 4 black per? Have my purple at 5 for him so stun is less effective (trying to rebuild). Are the defensive tiles from Bullseye better than the stuns? Also, don't see much consideration being give to Moonstone. I have to sink ISO into one of these to compliment my 40 Daken and 28 (maxed for my covers) Rags. Hate do do it but if it leads to some Spidey covers it will be worth it. Perhaps the first tournament will tank my rankings (may not even be on purpose for a change...) and then I will have a better shot on the second half.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I actually want to land in 11-50 on this one. I don't have the levels (or the Ragnarok capacity, mine is 1/1 level 18) to fight for ranks 2-5 and finally unlock my missing blue on Spidey. I took my Wolverine to 3/4/5 and then regretted it, so I started a new one currently at 1/2/5 (Yeah, I've maxed yellow twice and started selling it off...). The 11-25 or 11-50 prize would get me to 2/3/5 (with a possible extra red) at which point I can burn down my first Wolverine for ~3000 ISO. And then they'll roll out respec on me.

So yeah, I'm fielding Moonstone/Daken/Bullseye with occasional swaps of other characters to mop up.
  • Well unlike most of you here, I will be going for IW beings I overslept the #50 spot and got 51 when I could of atleast got her. (my spidey is 3/5/3 atm wolvie is 5/3/3 so I am fine there). Then I find out I cant do certain missions in the Hunt w/o her...grrr. So I will be shooting for 1st place with a 90 Rags 40 Venom and atm 20 Dakken. gonna be a pain. But she is the only cover I am missing so far (hopefully will place 1-2 in the hunt to grab punisher) and I am in Polkio's bracket there ;( lol.
    g/l to everyone.
  • forgrim wrote:
    yeah i jumped in last night and its clear people are tanking near the top to try to get 2. the point difference is very damn small. i'm gonna go charging all the way up to create better separation for people aiming for spidey (that and the tournament ends at 6am so if i get hit, i hope i'm still top 10)

Probably has, but the size for this is only 200 per a bracket as well. So sad It gets a repeat and my amazing 8 dakan, 15 ragnarok, 8 bullseye team are telling me I should expect standard tokens as a reward...

Also @ Davy, don't burn that wolverine unless it has almost no ISO in it. He still works as a decent "throw him in" card to get blasted by a high damage attack with that other build.
  • Probably has, but the size for this is only 200 per a bracket as well. So sad It gets a repeat and my amazing 8 dakan, 15 ragnarok, 8 bullseye team are telling me I should expect standard tokens as a reward...
    Are we certain of a repeat? I figure this was a naughty 'n nice xmas themed event.
  • Probably has, but the size for this is only 200 per a bracket as well. So sad It gets a repeat and my amazing 8 dakan, 15 ragnarok, 8 bullseye team are telling me I should expect standard tokens as a reward...
    Are we certain of a repeat? I figure this was a naughty 'n nice xmas themed event.

Sadly, due to the update to the announcements, it has been posted that a repeat WILL occur and actually starts up the moment the other one ends basically. Go to the announcement section to see.
  • You can also see this on the event rules screen.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    I've seen ppl with just a 50+ level daken doing well ...
  • i dont need the spidey or wolvie covers so ill prob just use this one to farm ISO. So far ive been running with 90 maxed Rags, 40 maxed vemon, and 35 maxed bullseye. havent had much trouble with any teams, but high level Rags coupled with Daken is an annoying combo.
  • ShavedDome
    ShavedDome Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow. I just went through all my guys trying to get one team, lol. Think I will keep out this one. My Rag, yuu may know how much I love that char, is stuck at 18.

Oh well.