Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Options

Comments

• Bainee wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Bainee, please tell me you don't need the Spidey covers... you're in my bracket. icon_neutral.gif

My Spiderman is all maxed out.

And you want the IW, right, so you'll selflessly go for #1 with a large lead so I can take #2? Thanks man! icon_lol.gif

One good thing about this tournament is the lack of overlap between it and Hunt. I could use Rags in some of the Hunt missions, but I generally don't.
  • Oh great, I figure now's as good a time to join as any. It's a 200 bracket so the odds are good.

After 3 matches there's Nemek 2 ranks below me... and now he's first.

Nemek,are you aiming for IW or spidey?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Oh great, I figure now's as good a time to join as any. It's a 200 bracket so the odds are good.

Hah, I noticed you in there too. If I go for anything, it would be IW. I'm going to be on a plane when this one ends, though, so there's a good chance I won't be playing.
  • I had a maxed level 20 Venom I hadn't played in 2 weeks... sold it for a character spot... for modern Hawkeye, which has been useful in The Hunt Event... but man would I wish I had sold something else or just bought the character spot.

At least I have a Rags Green at 15 and a Moonstone Red at 6 to go with a Maxed Daken... *FACEDESK*
  • Nemek wrote:
    Oh great, I figure now's as good a time to join as any. It's a 200 bracket so the odds are good.

Hah, I noticed you in there too. If I go for anything, it would be IW. I'm going to be on a plane when this one ends, though, so there's a good chance I won't be playing.

I don't think we'll see retaliations in this one so you should be fine with building up a lead before your flight.
  • I don't think we'll see retaliations in this one so you should be fine with building up a lead before your flight.

I think you will see retaliations between people w/ high level Rags at the end of the tournament and/or once feeding off the people without him ends. Plus sooner or later the "haves" and "have nots" should get separated into (mostly) separate MMRs. It's entirely possible for someone without a high level Rags to do well in such a case.

I do feel kinda bad for beating up on people without a decent level Rags, but so far I've only been presented with two teams with one (johndubois and someone not on the boards).
  • I wish i kept my venom at 4 purple...having a stun handy would be very useful against opposing rags
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I think you will see retaliations between people w/ high level Rags at the end of the tournament

Not so sure. Why bother when there are plenty of teams without?
  • Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    I think you will see retaliations between people w/ high level Rags at the end of the tournament

because those teams have no points
  • My MMR is at a point now where all i see are lvl 80+ rags
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    My MMR is at a point now where all i see are lvl 80+ rags
    I weave in and out of that mmr myself.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

because those teams have no points

They'll have points. They can still be very competative by skipping all the Rag teams. This isn't the Lv 85 Thor tournament.
  • I have a few problems with this tournament and don't mind saying it is the least fun I've had in the game since I started playing about two weeks ago. I love the idea that they are encouraging me to play with and level heroes I normally wouldn't, I'm absolutely 100% all for that but:

1. The pool of heroes to pick from for the tournament due to the theme is ludicrously small. This leads to lots of mirror matches which really excerbates the fact that:
    2. It highlights how poor some of these heroes are. Few people have levelled these fellas (Rags aside) because they are so dull. Many of them are more suited to a support role because of their passives which means you end up with a team of support characters which makes for very grindy matches against similar level teams.
    3. The characters have some of the most annoying mechanics. A mirror match of Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone and a Daken/Bullseye on the other team is absolute torture. It takes so long to simply get through the passives (which then work to drag the game out further) that matches become an absolute chore.

There is so little variety in the match ups and so many annoying characterisitcs constantly popping up that the tournament really shows me that the Dark Avengers are not good cards in the wider scheme of things. I'll play to 250 to get a token (cos like...tokens!) but beyond that I can't play any-more, it's soul destroying!
  • I'm just going to wait until the very end to join these. I'll assume that anyone with a decent Rag will have joined already.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I wish i kept my venom at 4 purple...having a stun handy would be very useful against opposing rags

I've been working on a new venom with all the 1* tokens we've been getting but only have him at 3 black right now. I did a new 1* storm 5/3/5 (was 5/4/4). Wish there was a way to delete a skill. Does not need to be a whole reallocation thing - just let us remove skills. If I want to replace it/them with something else then I'd have to get that cover. This way we can delete a yellow c storm and add a blue to go 5/5/3 post nerf.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Bainee, please tell me you don't need the Spidey covers... you're in my bracket. icon_neutral.gif

My Spiderman is all maxed out.

And you want the IW, right, so you'll selflessly go for #1 with a large lead so I can take #2? Thanks man! icon_lol.gif

One good thing about this tournament is the lack of overlap between it and Hunt. I could use Rags in some of the Hunt missions, but I generally don't.

I would be willing to do that for you. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm just going to wait until the very end to join these. I'll assume that anyone with a decent Rag will have joined already.
    I tried that a couple tournaments ago. It helped a bit, but the top 5 or so were still fairly competitive. And this tourney will be especially grindy if you don't have a high ranked rag
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm just going to wait until the very end to join these. I'll assume that anyone with a decent Rag will have joined already.
    muahahahahah! icon_twisted.gif
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    muahahahahah! icon_twisted.gif
    -hahahahahahah! icon_twisted.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won't get far with my 50 Rag/60 Daken/33 Bullseye

Guess I should've spread my ISO around a bit more instead of dumping it all on Magneto(Classic)/Astonishing Wolverine/Invisible Woman