Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    So glad I've been leveling up Daken lately. Got him to 50 and I'd been having fun in the Thor tournament with spamming strike tiles and then winning fights in under a minute.
  • Would have rather had spidey than doom for my #2 finish in Thor event (it was impossible to play def anyway and Thor did all your damage so the team of m.storm Thor I'm40 was fun and worked well. Name of the game was get Thor red and yellow). With only a base red rag and no dark avengers with any ISO in them I don't see the point for me. Only dakan is mildly worth me pumping ISO into and even then I have elsewhere I'd rather use it. Guess that means this event will be a good chance to dump my rating? Lol... Maybe ill just aim for wolverine covers to finish him off..I need spidey blues tho..

I hope whomever said its a double shot is wrong...

Side note: since rag is already in lightning rounds he really shouldn't be part of this imo. Ruins the point of these, which is to have ppl use and pump ISO into other characters.

Osborn kicks him out of the DAs temporarily for clogging the toilet
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Are lightning rounds definitely coming back this week? I'm considering dumping my HP into another point of red for Rag
  • Finally to level up some of villains! icon_razz.gif
  • If rags wasn't allowed this could have been interesting, like this it's just a competition who has the highest level rags in your bracket.
  • Why are people that aren't even halfway through the prologue complaining about not being able to participate in PVP? There's content available for you to do it, and the entry level Hunt missions are even easier than the missions at the end of the prologue.

Anyway I'm wondering why the 11-25 reward is 1 green + 2 red Wolverine covers as opposed to 1 of each cover. My Wolvie is 3/3/3 and I have absolutely no incentive to finish 11-25 as opposed to just 26-50. I honestly doubt I can finish top 10 without a Rag of my own. That said, unbuffed Rags aren't so bad, and I personally think Daken is going to be the star of the tournament(unless you have a >70 Rag, then you just collect your free Spiderman covers). There aren't many nukers strong enough to take him down fast enough & he has great synergy with Rag and Bullseye. Thunderclap Pheromone Rage Adamantium Bones all day driving people crazy.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Game set my team to the only available options: Yelena, Venom and Bullseye.
    So... not planning on doing too much this tournament. icon_e_smile.gif

Because I sold all my Bullseye/Moonstone/Yelena/Daken-Covers my "team" for this tournament consists of a single lvl 18 Venom icon_e_biggrin.gif

Entered the tourney for some token and iso and won the first few rounds. Obviously other people don't have Dark Avengers teams either, so I had some 1vs1, 1vs2 and 1vs3 fights (in the 1vs3 the other team had lvl1 and lvl6 chars besides their lvl 10 - 20 char).

I don't think I'll get far in this tournament though. Which is too bad because I need a spidey cover to continue the "The Hunt" mission - and I could use the Wolverine covers too (have only 2 so far, would really like to get some more and lvl and use him...).
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    So my current Dark Avengers are:
    Daken 22
    Bullseye 20
    Venom 10
    Moonstone 6
    Yelena 6

I would obviously love more spidey covers, but I am not sure I want to pump enough iso into them or if it would be worth it. No yellow Wolverine covers being available might be the deciding factor.
  • I've advanced for sure. My team at the end of the last DA tourney: lvl 26 Yelena, lvl 20 Daken, lvl 15 Venom. My team now: lvl 15 Rag, lvl 20 Daken, lvl 8 Bullseye. That's what I call progress. Perhaps I'll spend some Iso on them though.
  • well I guess my team is going to be ragnarok + the next 2 dark avengers i draw @ level 1 / 6, because I sold all the other ones because they all suck. let'd do this.

edit: LOL YOU CAN JUST JOIN WITH RAG IF YOU DONT HAVE 3 DARK AVENGERS. good. dont need those other pathetic excuses for heros anyway.
  • I bet these tournaments do a lot for people buying ISO
  • dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    dark-prime wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    there's no excuse not to have some dark avengers...you get plenty of daken/yelena/venom/bullseye covers in prologue and they've been dumping moonstone on us lately
    I'm running the Juggernaught area missions and have none of those covers.

They're all in the later chapters. If you're still stuck on Juggernaut missions you're not ready to PVP regardless of the format
    That's assuming there are zero other players at my current level to pvp against.

If matchmaking is working like its intended, newer players should be matched up with people with a similar amount of PvP experience. Well, except for those high-powered folks who tank their rating for an easier fight.
  • well I guess my team is going to be ragnarok + the next 2 dark avengers i draw @ level 1 / 6, because I sold all the other ones because they all suck. let'd do this.

edit: LOL YOU CAN JUST JOIN WITH RAG IF YOU DONT HAVE 3 DARK AVENGERS. good. dont need those other pathetic excuses for heros anyway.
    Rag has good synergy with daken.
  • No boosted environment tiles and only 2 abilities I'll get enough AP to activate. Hey, they finally made a tourney where I won't spam jungle every time.
  • Looking at title: 80/11/37.

Looks like I'll finally be able to turn purple Spider-Man into useful Spider-Man. Or should I aim for IW as not having her prevents me from doing those last Hunt missions which will cost me a top finish in the bracket. Tough choice.

Either way, Daken is getting some free ISO.
  • Looks like I'll finally be able to turn purple Spider-Man into useful Spider-Man.

Funny, purple is the only color i would need, so i had to finish exactly at 2 and thats not possible with the chars i got. All the other cover rewards are useless for me, so I'll go for some progression rewards.
  • abuelo wrote:
    I bet these tournaments do a lot for people buying ISO

I hope not, simply because buying ISO is so utterly and completely worthless.
  • Bainee, please tell me you don't need the Spidey covers... you're in my bracket. icon_neutral.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    My only problem is that I focus in levelling covers that I use. Atm I'm abondoning *** Iron Man to level up one of the Dark Avengers.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Zathrus wrote:
    Bainee, please tell me you don't need the Spidey covers... you're in my bracket. icon_neutral.gif

My Spiderman is all maxed out.