Members with zero posts will be removed

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would it help if I pointed out which were the 182 dummy accounts I created to get my reputation where it is today?
  • Vinz80
    Vinz80 Posts: 21
    Options
    Definitely not a bot and not a spammer, dunno why you put people with positive reputation and few posts on the list.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Acquiesced
  • Unknown
    Options
    For lurkers, this could probably be handled intelligently.

memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=a&start=3150 -- all names of random characters, no board activity. Likely all spammers.

memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=a&start=500 -- Thatlist, brownedawg, Doogmar all look like lurkers. Lurkers are fine, they'd just need to be identified as such.

If anyone wants to protect lurkers, go through the list of members with zero posts, identify the ones with a long presence and recent activity, and give them a reputation point.

Thatlist is in x-men
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thatlist is in x-men

Then have him post once or give him a rep point if you want to make sure he isn't removed accidentally.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=a&start=3150 was where the zero posts stopped earlier today. Now it's up to
    memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=a&start=3250

So maybe 95 new spammers and 5 legitimate new members. The spam load has been reduced a *lot*. It's pretty much a 99% reduction. I might follow up with another mass ban on a thousand lurking spammers if they start annoying me again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I exist just new so have not posted much yet
  • Unknown
    Options
    **** down a ton. Good job dude.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, that did help a lot nonce. Did you have to go through them 1 by 1, like you feared?
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    damn nonce.. cause of you i dont know where i would buy brand new shoes or rayban at a discount price.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Seriously, great job.. its been appreciated.. going on the forum lately was a bit tedious i must confess..
  • Unknown
    Options
    hi i exist
  • Unknown
    Options
    So that day came. I have to write something. Hmmm ...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Looks like about 200 fake user accounts are made per day. Mass-banning 1000 fake accounts saved us from a week's worth of constant spam.

Collecting and mass banning isn't hard, so I guess I'll keep doing that while the site administrators continue vacationing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am not a robot.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I am not a robot.

Yours was one of many names I removed by hand. I won't say my exact methods, but names like BruceBanner are rather safe, while names like olgxzpsdwsqlwzy are unsafe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please do not kill me. I only wish to continue my silent vigil, and maintain Equivalency.
  • shefsteve
    shefsteve Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for unbanning me, since , unlike a Bagman tourney, I do exist!
  • Xidex
    Xidex Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have 3 posts, now 4, but i'm on the list for deletion. Why?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Xidex wrote:
    I have 3 posts, now 4, but i'm on the list for deletion. Why?

In which list are you seeing yourself?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am just a lurker as well, please don't delete. Thanks.