MPQ alternatives?

Options

Comments

• Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread is great; surprised D3 doesn't shut it down.

You're right, I guess I should lock this
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puritas wrote:

Or sticky it, if you'd rather do that, as apparently you have.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    I remember the last time this happened with the Flo98 thread ...
  • Puritas
    Options
    oops did I fix it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    oops did I fix it

Yep. Perfectly. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Puritas
    Options
    eh, this isn't worth being my waterloo

Incidentally for all the people suggesting Brave Frontier, you should check out Summoners War: Sky Arena
    Gameplay's deeper and the f2p model's pretty brilliant - to get a real advantage you'd have to shell out thousands of dollars, and they purge+ban hackers every single weekend before the arena rewards are given out.
    Also events being run weekly
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puritas wrote:

Doesn't seem to violate the forum rules, although arguably it should be in Off-Topic.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was kidding about shutting down this thread.

But seriously, D3 should be afraid of competition. MPQ looks weak compared to some of these other games.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    Incidentally for all the people suggesting Brave Frontier, you should check out Summoners War: Sky Arena
    Thanks for posting about this. I only need to research how limiting the energy/fatigue bar is and I'll probably start playing that one.
  • Puritas
    Options
    It depends how you play really
    You can burn through all your energy in one hour tops a day, or go for low entry cost area farming and have your phone running 6-8 hours a day

They're pretty generous with ingame currency as well, so some people just spend all that on refills if that's still not enough, or hop to a different server
  • Unknown
    Options
    I tend to get very passionate when it comes to playing a game I like. In many F2P games, that means "play 20mins then wait 24h or use credit card". That doesn't seem to be the case here, so that's good to hear.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was kidding about shutting down this thread.

But seriously, D3 should be afraid of competition. MPQ looks weak compared to some of these other games.
    I dunno. People have talked about other games since the beginning, including Ice. It can be good for D3 to research the competition and see what they're doing right. As far as I'm concerned, they "borrowed" shields from coc. The only thing is that this should prolly be in off-topic where all the other ones are, but no one visits that place.

I haven't really found an mpq alternative in its truest sense. Mpq is unique enough imo to stand out from the rest.
  • Bloody Sky
    Options
    If you're looking to scratch that Marvel itch, Marvel Heroes is a pretty solid F2P action game.

Tons of characters that can be earned in game or bought at a reasonable price if you don't have the patience. Best of all they have a dev team that actually seems to care about it's players, which is a refreshing change.
    Soooo true. I remember when they changed the game to where you could only get two costumes from prestiging your character, instead of the 6 from before. Once the backlash hit, they changed it back. Why? Quote, "Because Love.". Saying stuff like, "We don't really want to be in the business of making people feel bad." and "At the end of the day, it's better to [be] on the side of doing something nice, which is the philosophy we always try to follow.". If only more developers followed this mindset instead of the "DEAL WITH IT!" mindset that we see these days. *Cough* D3 *Cough*
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just preordered Destiny on PS4. Getting on the Beta this week, any other players here?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I will be getting it, but won't bother with all the Beta stuff. Other games to be playing right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    I just preordered Destiny on PS4. Getting on the Beta this week, any other players here?

Xbox....not sure if I will try the beta or not. Most games I either will get or I won't, and I don't need a trial to decide. At which point the only use of a beta to me is early access...useful for a shooter or a fighter's multiplayer...not so great when it effectively removes enjoyment of certain sections of the game for me when I have the full version.

I love dark souls...but also didn't even attempt to do the beta with that.

Also, dark souls 2 dlc drops on the 22nd or something...so looking forward to that kinda. Mpq had kept me from platinum (sounds better than 100%-ING...which is what xbox equivalent is) the game, so I have been working on the ng+ playthrough finally. First playthrough: 50-60 hrs. 2nd pkaythrough: probably will be about 20 while taking my time. Still...that's more than a lot of AAA titles give you. (Still remember running through price of Persia sands of time in 6 hrs my first playthrough and sub 4 my second. Loved the game, and the story had an odd lasting impression on me...but damn it was short).

All my gaming hours this last month have gone to titanfall and dark souls...hope Destiny is as good as borderlands...but I am worried it might not be. Part of bl charm is the humor imo. I don't know how a "serious" borderlands would turn out...but that is effectively what Destiny is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Swords & Poker Adventures finally launched in the North American App Store. If you ever played Swords & Poker 2, it is much the same but with rpg elements formally added in and a better sense of progression. There is an energy timer, but you can disable it completely with a single $4.99 IAP.

I am as excited as I can get about things these days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Swords & Poker Adventures finally launched in the North American App Store. If you ever played Swords & Poker 2, it is much the same but with rpg elements formally added in and a better sense of progression. There is an energy timer, but you can disable it completely with a single $4.99 IAP.

I am as excited as I can get about things these days.

So far it's a nice polish and upgrade. Seems to require online to play but that might be if you link account only
  • Unknown
    Options
    If the Marvel IP was a hook for you, Marvel has just released a premium Battleheart clone based off of the Guardians of Galaxy. No IAP and no internet connection required. $5 seems to be pretty good value so far.

Also, just FYI. It is a big game (1gb) in case that affects you.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got selected for the Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha.

I'm not sure that it meets the definition of 'alternative', but I had to annoy someone with the news.