MPQ alternatives?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Yeah this is more along the lines of "the changes mean I will play this game a lot less, if at all, so need something else", rather than a complete walk away.

They are insane if they think these changes mean I'll give them any more money though. I still spend money on Knights and Dragons a bit, mainly as they are doing a good job of not pissing their users off. I am giving this game far more leeway simply due to the Marvel license. Only so far I will go though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah this is more along the lines of "the changes mean I will play this game a lot less, if at all, so need something else", rather than a complete walk away.

They are insane if they think these changes mean I'll give them any more money though. I still spend money on Knights and Dragons a bit, mainly as they are doing a good job of not pissing their users off. I am giving this game far more leeway simply due to the Marvel license. Only so far I will go though.

You know, I don't think they made this change to.increase health pack.usage. I honestly think it is part of a wider vision/change and that the biggest issue here are ppl overreacting to it without letting d3 explain....and....d3 not explaining *palm*. So many of thier issues could have been helped with better pr. Ppl quit when Thor/wolvie got nerfed, and while they deserved it, d3 didn't do enough for the ppl it affected. Triple that with the rag nerf out of nowhere.
    If they have a grander plan here, now is the time to tell.pplnotin 2 weeks when they ha e already losanother 20% of their player base. Nobody wants to hear obvious doublespeak about how a spiderman needed into uselessness is balanced. Be honest. Tell us why the.changes are occurring. If u cannot be honest, don't lie or twist, instead talk about something wewamt to hear. Heck, that's pr 101 right there .
  • Unknown
    Options
    zapzap wrote:
    Knights and Dragons is allright.

Hearthstone isn't on my Galaxy and Puzzle and Dragons isn't in the UK, so I am struggling to find an alternative right now. Haven't given up on this game, yet, though. Not far off mind you.

You can try 'dungeon gems' a P&D clone (I'm french, same restriction for me) (if you do so, PM me for a gift code icon_e_biggrin.gif )
    I just watched a Dungeon Gems video on YT and it looks much more polished than MPQ. Too bad I play games exclusively on PC, but if they ever make a version I will definitely give it a try. Hearthstone is a great game for PC users though so it's great going back to it after a long absence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dungeon Gems just timing out for me, so am giving Brave Frontier a shot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you like match 3 games, I'd recommend Doctor Who: Legacy. It's similar to MPQ in that you collect characters with various abilities and team them up to defeat villains. Characters' stats (attack, heal, health) can be upgraded as you level up, as can their abilities. There isn't any PVP type play, it's just you vs the AI. Plus the devs seem to really focus on their customers. They offer new content regularly, and frequently hand out free promo codes for new characters, etc.

On the downside, it can be a bit grindy if you want to collect all the characters, but you don't need them all to progress in the game.

BTW, I'm not associated with the game in any way, except that I enjoy playing it.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even before these recent changes, I've been certain that once Destiny comes out, I'll be devoting a lot of time to that game. I know it's not a mobile game so it doesn't compare.

Another game that doesn't quite compare is Captain America: The Winter Soldier on iOS. It's free today so might as well give it a try. I doubt it'll be as time consuming or grindy as this once was. But I think playing a quick and dirty action game is what many of us might need at this point.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    I just downloaded Angry Birds Epic. Kind of a turn based RPG. I play clash of clans too but you can't really grind that game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've really enjoyed Hearthstone, but it's not something I'd play for long stretches. That's a good thing though. You can get through your daily quests quickly enough. Playing against a live person is fun.

Brave Frontier is ok. I have a full team of 3* or higher after only playing a couple weeks and not spending any money.

It's been difficult finding a game as engaging as MPQ was in the first few months.

I might try Puzzles and Dragons since so many are recommending it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm playing Puzzle & Dragons (and an loving it compared to the grind of MPQ), but I also did what I should have done months ago, rather than waste so much money on this - I bought an Xbox One.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    I'm playing Puzzle & Dragons (and an loving it compared to the grind of MPQ), but I also did what I should have done months ago, rather than waste so much money on this - I bought an Xbox One.

Yay! PM me your gamertag, I have one. I know you're not so big on tournament shooters, but I had a blast with Titanfall.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Star Wars Assault team, while not a match-3 or puzzle game in any way, fills the same areas of interest for me:

- strong licensed IP
    - free to play and can make progress moderately well with little monetary investment
    - story campaign as well as event based missions
  • Unknown
    Options
    Star Wars: assault team... tried it... I'll probably play my way through the story campaign and then quit. Simply put I'll play for the story & challenge..

Why.. there really is no end-game content... and there is no control... I tried playing their 'arena' once... well my dinky team gets put up against others with all blue (highest 5th tier) rosters... The energy mechanic also really blows (1energy/6 min)... early on the story missions are 4 points each... now they're 8 and you only have 21 energy to work with as I've 'leveled' (level seems meaningless except as a bragging right... or way to match teams inappropriately... if it's being used someone with a diverse roster is screwed compared to someone who's only focused on a handful of chars).

Anyone know how the Plants Vs Zombies sequel is coming? I remember reading a while back they were supposed to be doing a new one of those... with some kind of town where you develop your plants & zombies etc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actually, I'm having a lot of fun with the doctor who match 3 game. Its fun, all the companions have a chance of dropping during select missions, the art is bretty gud, and best of all, it's not pay to win. You can pay to buy "time crystals" used to early unlock things, but tbqh you don't need to. In fact, with a little grinding you can get everything for free.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    For those interested in digital card games like Magic or Hearthstone, give Shadow Era a try. It's available on IOS, Android and PC.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everyone. I was playing Puzzles and Dragons before I found MPQ. I might go back to that. It doesn't have the Marvel license that I love, but was a much better and more diverse game. Although as I remember it has no healing, so I couldn't play for that long at a time when I wanted too, which is what led me to look for an alternative during downtime, which ended up being MPQ that totally took over. Guess it'll be full circle then.

I tried Dragems or Dragon Gems (forget the name). It was a poor rip off of PaD with slower and harder leveling.

I'll give Brave Fronier a try from what I read here, and maybe Hearthstone if that doesn't work out.

God I hope if DC licenses out their stuff for a puzzle game they don't give it to d3. I know none of this game's issues are Marvel's fault, but it still kinda hurts my opinion of them. Can't help it. Spider-Man was always my fav comic book growing up and now all I can think about with him is how sucky and weak he is after the nerfs. Damn you d3!

Do wish I had just spent the money I put into this game on an Xbox One. Been playing the oil' 360 a bit more lately with this game taking up way less of my time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The funny thing is I stopped playing Spirit Stones because it is becoming too easy, with all the free gifts and stuffs.. But MPQ is on another end of the spectrum with being very hard.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

So this puzzle and dragon, is it in english? The only one I see on Play Store is chinese/japanese/(insert another east asian country) :/ really want to give it a try
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Berto_Y wrote:
    Dragon Coins

Those threes are good addictive online puzzle games
    For me, Dragon Coins was fun for a couple hours of total playtime, addicting but silly for a few more, and then just felt insulting. I caught myself giving them a dollar and deleted it immediately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Played a bit of Brave but find the while thing baffling really. A couple of hours in and have about 30 different units and no idea what it going on icon_e_biggrin.gif Wiki page just seems to repeat exactly what the game says as well.

Will give this Dr Who game a whirl.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

The free download this month, max: somethingabout brotherhood or some such.....was really fun BTW. Make sure u download if u have gold.

I am considering getting a Wii u. Need for some new age Smash(ed) bros. Caveat, nobody is allowed to use the gamepad lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Am smelling a conspiracy here, Dr Who has crashed six times so far today icon_e_biggrin.gif

Should just stop mobile gaming really. Would be much simpler.