MPQ alternatives?

Options
The main thing keeping me in this game right now, aside from the perfect premise that they are totally blowing, is the lack of a better alternative to play on my phone and iPad. I tried Avengers Alliance, but it's just too buggy and even harder to get and build new heroes than this game. Keep praying DC will get it together and make a DCPQ game, but don't think it's happening (even though I much prefer Marvel to DC).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Don't know yet, but I'm looking as hard as you. This game used to be legit, but it's just ruined now. I feel disgusted that I actually spent a few $$$ on this trash. I've already deleted it from all devices and glad to say I won't be going back.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    same here, deleted android version on tablette tonight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Puzzle Pirates
    Puzzles & Dragons
    Hearthstone
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brave Frontier
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fable Age is also pretty fun.

Also Marvel didnt make this game, it only give D3 the license to use it's content. If there was DCPQ, it would probably be made by D3(and will be just as bad) as well since D3 pretty much own the puzzle quest franchise.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Unwise one turned me onto Brave Frontier, it's not match three related at all but it's a fun little mobile RPG battler.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did any of you spent money on brave frontier? I felt the progress is slow and the battles boring.. Somehow swapping colorful tile is more "exciting" than timing which char to attack with icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spirit Stones
    Dragon Coins
    Puzzle & Dragon

Those threes are good addictive online puzzle games
  • Unknown
    Options
    +1 on both Puzzle and Dragons, Brave Frontier.

Additionally, I'd like to point out Quiz RPG. It's like Puzzle and Dragons but with Trivial Pursuit style questions instead of Match-3
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    cnasty wrote:
    Don't know yet, but I'm looking as hard as you. This game used to be legit, but it's just ruined now. I feel disgusted that I actually spent a few $$$ on this trash. I've already deleted it from all devices and glad to say I won't be going back.

If the game is trash and you deleted it why are you on the forum? seems like a waste of time
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brave Frontier

Sorry I actually meant to upvote you but was sleepy.
    Or it's a feudian slip meaning that part of me hates you for leading me into the next addiction icon_razz.gif

Edit: Hey I can change it <- forumnoob lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    iPulzzzI wrote:
    Did any of you spent money on brave frontier? I felt the progress is slow and the battles boring.. Somehow swapping colorful tile is more "exciting" than timing which char to attack with icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, a little. Pulling a 3* or higher is pretty useful early on and it seems like you get some bang for your buck. I found the battles slow at first, but they feel more engaging when they stopped being a cakewalk. Still, if you don't like the system it doesn't change much.

I'm sure people just grind on it, but i've found it to progress ok playing a little bit at a time, which is (usually) what I'd expect a mobile game to be. Ymmv
  • Unknown
    Options
    Android user, I'm waiting for Heartstone.
    I'm installing Brave frontier icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I recently found Summoner Wars: Sky Arena. Its kinda similar to Brave Frontier but far more complex. The monster have more powers and you can enhance them with runes, awaken them etc.
    I also find there is much more to do than in Brave Frontier and you can play a lot longer before you run out of energy. I also played Brave Frontier but find this one much more enjoyable. Give it a try icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tower of savior was a pretty decent match 3 (it functions differently, you pull a single tile as much as you want to make your matches). Also, not a match 3, but I enjoyed injustice gods among us before my pho.crashed on me (didn't back up game data, no drive to reinstall and do all over).

I too am waiting on hearthstone, but who knows if that ever drops on android lol. Not a lot of games out there that are food an new atm that floating my boat honestly.

And of course, If u are a steam user, then this is a useless thread. Why are u not steam sailing?

Maybe a cool drawback to tmnt games will come out to coincide with the movie and not just another stupid temple run clone...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ah yes any character is fully usable in brave frontier, not just 1/13 like it is here icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also playing summoners wars, pretty fun so far, even got me to spend 10 bucks already icon_razz.gif
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only got into this game initially because I'm a Marvel comic book fan. If you enjoy the characters, grab the marvel app and check out some comics. Currently I'm still enjoying the game, but when I'm sick of it, I'll be back to reading comics.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Knights and Dragons is allright.

Hearthstone isn't on my Galaxy and Puzzle and Dragons isn't in the UK, so I am struggling to find an alternative right now. Haven't given up on this game, yet, though. Not far off mind you.
  • Unknown
    Options

Hearthstone isn't on my Galaxy and Puzzle and Dragons isn't in the UK, so I am struggling to find an alternative right now. Haven't given up on this game, yet, though. Not far off mind you.

You can try 'dungeon gems' a P&D clone (I'm french, same restriction for me) (if you do so, PM me for a gift code icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Unknown
    Options

Part of the issue is that most games similar to mpq have similar issues....and you quickly realize"why bother downloading this?" For all .its negatives, this is still marvel (so more interesting character) and it still better made than a lot of its competitors.

To me, the lack of truely new content in a 8 month old game is far more of an issue than Any change they did/didn't make. I can generally learn to deal with a change, even if it means playing less, I am .not going to deal with the game boring me for too long (while I don't like alliances for the most part, they are probably why I haven't quit yet...even if I have yet to open the app in 2 weeks for extenuating circumstances). If they want me to play a game this long I need more than a new 30 seconds of story every 2 months and a new ,or repeated lol) character every 2 weeks.