Options
1235»

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    Options
    jobob said:
    I wish more people played Wizard Class decks. That usually only means free wins when you add Test of Talents. At least both cards will rotate out of standard together in a couple of months just to never be played again
    Yes, obviously when you add ToT. But don’t you get tired of playing blue PW every time?

and yes, thank god it will rotate out. I’ll miss ToT, though… it’s a good card.
    That's probably one reason why I don't mind that much. I love playing blue. Specially with the new PMA toys. I found Shadowspear way more annoying. When that card was standard since it was colorless it was on every single deck you played against
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    TomB said:
    LoboX01 said:
    jobob said:
    So the takeaway here is that telling someone that a game might not be for them is more insulting than actual name-calling? (talentless hack comes to mind). 

You made your point in your first post, you might want to give it a rest now. You're taking on a personal tone with people who disagree and have tried to help. At that point it comes close to trolling, even inadvertently. 

To reiterate: you dislike WC, think it is overpowered and would like it to be nerfed. We got that. 
    I just want to be clear: I never called anyone a talentless hack, and in fact I went out of my way to clarify that I wasn’t calling them a talentless hack.

I’m sorry if I got personal, I didn’t mean to. I appreciate people trying to help. I was just clarifying my position (which I felt necessary based on the responses I got and am still getting).

Just facing your favorite card on the bottom node on ATV, it can't get any worse than that I suppose.

And I am facing it with a white mono deck, so no ToT, no Roiling Vortex.

Did you beat it anyways? I saw a few decks in the last week that casted it but it wasn't a problem for me. Not sure what the fuss is about, really... ;)

Yes, I did beat it indeed. I got lucky, he cast WC two times, but I had a support removal ready in my hand. And after a while I got my Velo+Revel going, so after that point WC had zero chance for the victory. Cast Revel every turn so Greg's card was sitting in his hand useless  :D
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My only loss this weekend was a Ral WC loop deck on bottom node. 9 extra swaps and down to 16 life at the end of his turn. It sucks but I blame the double swap support more than WC.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I finally got around to building a WC deck that works kinda:

Ral, Izzet Viceroy

Wizard Class
    Riverglide Pathway

Rite of Flame
    Talent of the Telepath
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Shatterskull Smashing
    Demolish

Velomachus Lorehold
    Efreet Flamepainter
    The Prismatic Bridge

The critters get spells to jump start the engine, and if I have WC in play I just start pushing all direct damage straight to the dome, pretty much. Ral's 3rd keeps the drawing up casting spells and triggering the Resourceful effect so they're free, and shooting Greg with it seems to help too... :)
    It's not even close to something that goes infinite though... :/
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @TomB

As far as i have seen, Infinite WC loops generally rely almost exclusively on draw cards (with mana given to cards if possible) + WC + a single source of damage ( magma opus / manaform hellkite or even thermo Alchemist).

Anything else (removals or additionnal damage sources ) might drown the deck and reduce it's ability to loop.

It's not absolutely Infinite as Arielsira pointed out ... But it Can last enough to end the game. 

In my personal experience, as long as there's only one WC support on board, it can still fizzle, but once the second WC is out you may seriously consider leaving the game.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I hear ya. So far it's more of a backup plan in that deck, like for when Greg is with the new Ajani (for example) and his critters are all double-striked/prevent damaged out and one (or more) has vigilance/defender/berserking. Then it seems like it's "forget the creatures - EVERYTHING - goes to the dome... :p
  • Ridethepiggir
    Ridethepiggir Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2022
    Options
    All in all, sometimes you get played for a loop, all you can de is concede defeat, just the nature of the game
    Not in Standard. **** like that gets banned in Standard, or just avoided in the first place when they're designing/playtesting. WRT MTGPQ, Legacy is supposed to be the Wild West where OP and "unfair" stuff is sometimes allowed (similar to Vintage/Legacy and to a lesser extent Modern, in paper). But in Standard, especially since they get to tailor said interactions before they're even introduced to production, it's almost objectively a mistake from multiple different perspectives.

Edit - Sorry for the necro. Didn't realize how old this thread was.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank God this stupid **** card is almost out of Standard. Wizard Class remains the worst card in Standard by far. I can’t believe they didn’t nerf it. They **** nerfed Ajani, who was nowhere near as awful as this piece of trash.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tezzeret said:
    Play ToT and demo....
    case closed!

Lets complain  about something else....
    These dayyyyymmmn in game keto ads!!!

Ammiright

I stopped watching the ads
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i see we still have people that agree and disagree on WC.   just like any (playable)  card.   WC class has its pro and cons.   people who love it or hate it.   just because my opinion is different from anothers doesn't make me any less right or wrong.   but when we stoop to name calling and other insults.   we really need to remember.   its just a game, now my personal opinion,  I like the card its not my play style so I hardly use it. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure, but it’s unassailable fact that Pajami was worse than Wizard Class 😉
    🙃
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ban defang, card is so op and Is overplayed
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder of Wizard Class will be nerfed when it rotates out of Standard, like Cycling was
  • BongoTheGrey
    Options
    I don't think so. It is mostly irrelevant in Legacy
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think so. It is mostly irrelevant in Legacy
    Only for people who have the good Legacy cards, surely? What are the next few easiest combo decks to get hold of the cards and put together in Legacy? Omnihulk is obviously a much better Legacy combo deck, but it's a lot more difficult to get the cards for.
  • BongoTheGrey
    Options
    I meant irrelevant as a threat. You can certainly use it and win some matches.

But if you build Legacy decks worrying about what threats could be on Greg's decks, Wizard Class is irrelevant. Green conversion, Omni loops and HUF/Deploy are by far more threatening and if you have a way of stopping those decks you certainly have a way of stopping Wizard Class loops