Please Nerf Wizard Class

Options

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enigma said:
    Is it a troll post when one pokes a troll?

🙄😂

Here are some offensive realities.. Wizard Class isn't changing or going anywhere until it rotates to legacy, and when that happens there will come some other annoying card.  Wizard Class is a fantastic card option when you play blue control - which is a thing, you know, maybe you should try it. Lastly, it's pretty clear you're in the minority with your hate of the card and players that use it.

I'm done with this thread, thanks for inspiring me to play with Wizard Class, it's a great card.

You obviously don’t know what a troll is if you think I was making a troll post. Also, being a minority doesn’t bother me… the fact that you think it’s an insult says a lot.

And I’m glad you are going to run a Wizard-Class deck… I hope everyone does. Maybe if enough people do it will get some attention.
  • jobob
    Options
    jtwood said:
    These exact words are uttered about some deck in Magic and its derivative properties year in and year out. Rather than complaining about it, it's better to accept they are an artifact of these types of game. Otherwise, it's like being upset that the tilt of the earth causes seasons when you cannot change anything about their inevitable movements.
    Did I miss d3/Oktagon adjusting the tilt of the Earth? Because if they didn’t… then it’s not really a valid comparison, now is it.

Heck, they nerfed Song of Creation and it was nowhere near as bad as Wizard Class. They changed Chord of Calling to prevent abuse. So let’s not act like it’s some impossible issue to overcome.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    we're not acting like it is an impossible thing to do, we're acting like you are blowing your grievances way out of proportion.

JTwood said, if you read his post a little more attentively, that in this type of game there allways are cards that are objectively better than others. and yes those will in one form or another be prevalent.

So if you want a game where no card will stick out from the rest, maybe go take up bridge or go fish. You'll have a better time.

And as far as trolling and insulting goes, saying that your posts are not meant to insult doesn't make them less insulting. The community has been nothing but polite and helpful and has gone out of their way to help you find solutions in your gameplay.

• Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    jobob said:
    Enigma said:
    Is it a troll post when one pokes a troll?

🙄😂

Here are some offensive realities.. Wizard Class isn't changing or going anywhere until it rotates to legacy, and when that happens there will come some other annoying card.  Wizard Class is a fantastic card option when you play blue control - which is a thing, you know, maybe you should try it. Lastly, it's pretty clear you're in the minority with your hate of the card and players that use it.

I'm done with this thread, thanks for inspiring me to play with Wizard Class, it's a great card.

You obviously don’t know what a troll is if you think I was making a troll post. Also, being a minority doesn’t bother me… the fact that you think it’s an insult says a lot.
    First, you're trolling everyone that attempts to respond.

Second, your clapback is out of context, rude, arrogant, and ignorant.   The fact that you think I was trying to make an insult there actually says more about you than it does about me.  I'm Mi'kmaq.  

Don't bother to reply, you're now on my ignore list.
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree Wizard Class is EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED as an uncommon (easily obtained) non-stacking (several on board same time), fairly low mana cost (14 mana) support. Compare it perhaps to useless Plague Boiler (masterpiece, reinforcing, 13 mana). No contest IMHO. Either Oktagon reclassifies Wizard Class as Masterpiece, or nerf it.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish more people played Wizard Class decks. That usually only means free wins when you add Test of Talents. At least both cards will rotate out of standard together in a couple of months just to never be played again
  • jobob
    Options
    we're not acting like it is an impossible thing to do, we're acting like you are blowing your grievances way out of proportion.

JTwood said, if you read his post a little more attentively, that in this type of game there allways are cards that are objectively better than others. and yes those will in one form or another be prevalent.

So if you want a game where no card will stick out from the rest, maybe go take up bridge or go fish. You'll have a better time.

And as far as trolling and insulting goes, saying that your posts are not meant to insult doesn't make them less insulting. The community has been nothing but polite and helpful and has gone out of their way to help you find solutions in your gameplay.

With all due respect, telling me to “take up bridge or go fish” or saying I would have a better time with those is more trolling and insulting than anything I’ve said in this thread. And if you think I want a game where no card stands out from the rest, the you clearly haven’t been reading my posts.

I do appreciate those in the community who have tried to be helpful and polite, but the issue isn’t that I don’t know how to beat WC. The issue is that it’s a broken card- the worst in several standard rotations- and could easily be tweaked as many others have stated and be fine, and that countering it is pretty restrictive in its current form.

As far as blowing my grievances out of proportion… I would say that my grievances are directly proportional to the problems with the card. So if my response seems overblown, it really points back to the overblown nature of the card itself.
  • jobob
    Options
    Enigma said:

First, you're trolling everyone that attempts to respond.

Second, your clapback is out of context, rude, arrogant, and ignorant.   The fact that you think I was trying to make an insult there actually says more about you than it does about me.  I'm Mi'kmaq.  

Don't bother to reply, you're now on my ignore list.
    I’m taking the time to respond to everyone who attempts to respond, and making a good faith attempt to address their comment. That is the literal opposite of trolling.

Yes, I do think you calling me a troll was an attempt at an insult. As is calling me rude, arrogant, and ignorant. Also, it’s very weird to state your ethnic background as if it’s a point you are making.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely not the worst in several rotations
  • jobob
    Options
    I wish more people played Wizard Class decks. That usually only means free wins when you add Test of Talents. At least both cards will rotate out of standard together in a couple of months just to never be played again
    Yes, obviously when you add ToT. But don’t you get tired of playing blue PW every time?

and yes, thank god it will rotate out. I’ll miss ToT, though… it’s a good card.
  • jobob
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Definitely not the worst in several rotations
    Well, I guess you could say there are barely “several rotations” to the game at all. But it’s definitely the worst since Ixalin block, maybe even since HoD. That still covers like 4 rotations and I think 14 sets, though, so a ton of cards.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Surely you jest... ;)
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    jobob said:

With all due respect, telling me to “take up bridge or go fish” or saying I would have a better time with those is more trolling and insulting than anything I’ve said in this thread. And if you think I want a game where no card stands out from the rest, the you clearly haven’t been reading my posts.

I do appreciate those in the community who have tried to be helpful and polite, but the issue isn’t that I don’t know how to beat WC. The issue is that it’s a broken card- the worst in several standard rotations- and could easily be tweaked as many others have stated and be fine, and that countering it is pretty restrictive in its current form.

As far as blowing my grievances out of proportion… I would say that my grievances are directly proportional to the problems with the card. So if my response seems overblown, it really points back to the overblown nature of the card itself.
    So the takeaway here is that telling someone that a game might not be for them is more insulting than actual name-calling? (talentless hack comes to mind). 

You made your point in your first post, you might want to give it a rest now. You're taking on a personal tone with people who disagree and have tried to help. At that point it comes close to trolling, even inadvertently. 

To reiterate: you dislike WC, think it is overpowered and would like it to be nerfed. We got that. 
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Play ToT and demo....
    case closed!

Lets complain  about something else....
    These dayyyyymmmn in game keto ads!!!

Ammiright

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dang-it now I gotta enter back.into the convo..

Here's my take.

Imagine you run a  business.... let's say your business  name is...? Boctagon....! (Hypotheticaly)
    And you create a digital card game. And in that game you create "problem" cards. These "problem" cards are easily obtained by all.. 

You at boctagon know this will create a need for better, harder to aquire cards to outpace/ counter these "problem cards"... except, THOSE cards will be harder to obtain by conventional  means. This will force (some) players into an attempt at   BUYING them.

You at boctagon are happy now because you have created a system that generates you money.

But you have also decided to make every ad in your digital card game a keto ad.........
  • jobob
    Options
    So the takeaway here is that telling someone that a game might not be for them is more insulting than actual name-calling? (talentless hack comes to mind). 

You made your point in your first post, you might want to give it a rest now. You're taking on a personal tone with people who disagree and have tried to help. At that point it comes close to trolling, even inadvertently. 

To reiterate: you dislike WC, think it is overpowered and would like it to be nerfed. We got that. 
    I just want to be clear: I never called anyone a talentless hack, and in fact I went out of my way to clarify that I wasn’t calling them a talentless hack.

I’m sorry if I got personal, I didn’t mean to. I appreciate people trying to help. I was just clarifying my position (which I felt necessary based on the responses I got and am still getting).
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Tezzeret said:
    Dang-it now I gotta enter back.into the convo..

Here's my take. <snip>

Imagine you run a  business.... 

But you have also decided to make every ad in your digital card game a keto ad.........
    Never seen those ads, do they feature shirtless planeswalkers?
    Ôô
     -¬
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    jobob said:

I just want to be clear: I never called anyone a talentless hack, and in fact I went out of my way to clarify that I wasn’t calling them a talentless hack.

I’m sorry if I got personal, I didn’t mean to. I appreciate people trying to help. I was just clarifying my position (which I felt necessary based on the responses I got and am still getting).

Just facing your favorite card on the bottom node on ATV, it can't get any worse than that I suppose.

And I am facing it with a white mono deck, so no ToT, no Roiling Vortex.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LoboX01 said:
    jobob said:

Just facing your favorite card on the bottom node on ATV, it can't get any worse than that I suppose.

And I am facing it with a white mono deck, so no ToT, no Roiling Vortex.

Did you beat it anyways? I saw a few decks in the last week that casted it but it wasn't a problem for me. Not sure what the fuss is about, really... ;)
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had to play against one Wizard Class loopy PMA Teferi in A Timeless Voyage. It was annoying but not difficult to beat