Unholy Outlaw - Round 2 - March 28-30

123457»

Comments

  • Yup, that was definitely good fun, S.H.I.E.L.D. I was stealth pushing for 1100, but I had to do it late, because my parents are in town to spend time with our 6yo daughter, and they would NOT go to bed! Had to stop myself from screaming, "Don't you know it's the last 45 minutes of a tourney?!"

    Anyway, I did a good job of staying out of everyone's queues until Jachdo hit me right as I crossed 1000. I wasn't entirely sure I could beat him with my team (100 Hood / 141 Pun / ~100 Mags), and I just ran out of time to get to 1100 by dinking 10 pt battles.

    Also, your alliance name is the most annoying thing to type on an iPhone ever.
  • Got first with minimal fuss which was nice. Don't really go for top spot usually as the 4 stars don't bother me to much at the moment but this panther covers were a must. Finally have 5 black
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Got first with minimal fuss which was nice. Don't really go for top spot usually as the 4 stars don't bother me to much at the moment but this panther covers were a must. Finally have 5 black

    Seconded. I plan to pump mine up to 128 during the Lightning Rounds and then max him whenever I scrap together another yellow cover. His claw is ridiculous at 5 black and His Battleplan is ridiculously powerful at 4 yellow. It is like retribution without the tile cap or the board disruption.

    He is such a good kitty.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    wathombe wrote:
    Yup, that was definitely good fun, S.H.I.E.L.D. I was stealth pushing for 1100, but I had to do it late, because my parents are in town to spend time with our 6yo daughter, and they would NOT go to bed! Had to stop myself from screaming, "Don't you know it's the last 45 minutes of a tourney?!"

    Anyway, I did a good job of staying out of everyone's queues until Jachdo hit me right as I crossed 1000. I wasn't entirely sure I could beat him with my team (100 Hood / 141 Pun / ~100 Mags), and I just ran out of time to get to 1100 by dinking 10 pt battles.

    Also, your alliance name is the most annoying thing to type on an iPhone ever.

    You put an extra period there, could have saved some valuable time there icon_e_wink.gif, and I feel you on typing an acronym with an iDevice, why there is no shift lock is beyond me.
  • Grtas everyone. Got top 50 in both alliance and solo. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clint wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Yup, that was definitely good fun, S.H.I.E.L.D. I was stealth pushing for 1100, but I had to do it late, because my parents are in town to spend time with our 6yo daughter, and they would NOT go to bed! Had to stop myself from screaming, "Don't you know it's the last 45 minutes of a tourney?!"

    Anyway, I did a good job of staying out of everyone's queues until Jachdo hit me right as I crossed 1000. I wasn't entirely sure I could beat him with my team (100 Hood / 141 Pun / ~100 Mags), and I just ran out of time to get to 1100 by dinking 10 pt battles.

    Also, your alliance name is the most annoying thing to type on an iPhone ever.

    You put an extra period there, could have saved some valuable time there icon_e_wink.gif, and I feel you on typing an acronym with an iDevice, why there is no shift lock is beyond me.

    Double-tap the shift key.
  • wathombe wrote:
    Yup, that was definitely good fun, S.H.I.E.L.D. I was stealth pushing for 1100, but I had to do it late, because my parents are in town to spend time with our 6yo daughter, and they would NOT go to bed! Had to stop myself from screaming, "Don't you know it's the last 45 minutes of a tourney?!"

    Anyway, I did a good job of staying out of everyone's queues until Jachdo hit me right as I crossed 1000. I wasn't entirely sure I could beat him with my team (100 Hood / 141 Pun / ~100 Mags), and I just ran out of time to get to 1100 by dinking 10 pt battles.

    Also, your alliance name is the most annoying thing to type on an iPhone ever.

    You should have made an elaborate lie of half truths and told them that you work.a second job (Mpq) to.feed your baby (*insert character you plan to give iso to) fitting ppl with fitted kitchens (alliance). You were near the end of one of the jobs (event) and needed to finish it well to get paid (place well). You needed to be on the phone for the next 45 min. to accomplish this (play Mpq) and would they please excuse you (let you get the f out of there) for those next 45 min and that you would be able to talk after making your babies nest egg (iso store).

    Actually, that was highly too legit sounding and not nearly elaborate enough. Throw in that you are hoping to meet a dragon soon (finfang), to help you improve your harem of women (duh) and that you are really getting tired of wading through fishnet all.day (fighting obw). You plan on finally bringing your **** out of the basement (lvl up black panther) but that you are afraid of someone cutting him down (nerfing black...but also pulp fiction reference). This is all dependant on your fitted kitchen job working out right (getting the bp covers) so you really need to go. That's a little better.

    Option B: 45 min bathroom break.
  • Option B: 45 min bathroom break.

    The undying classic. My wife must think I have some serious digestion problem every few days. And I do: I can't digest leaving the last 45mins of any tourney I've invested in to go unmanaged!

    Also a grand names for new alliances: "Bathroom Breakers", "45 Minute Men" or any other similar derivative. I wonder if they are taken already... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ariakos wrote:
    Option B: 45 min bathroom break.

    The undying classic. My wife must think I have some serious digestion problem every few days. And I do: I can't digest leaving the last 45mins of any tourney I've invested in to go unmanaged!

    Also a grand names for new alliances: "Bathroom Breakers", "45 Minute Men" or any other similar derivative. I wonder if they are taken already... icon_e_biggrin.gif

    The sinister sits (or add an h), Inhemorrhoids (inhumanoids..not marvel, but classic), Hulk SQUAT, fitted toilets, Notreallypooping....10 sec of thinking..I am sure I could throw more horrible ones out there lol.
  • Ghast wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    Got first with minimal fuss which was nice. Don't really go for top spot usually as the 4 stars don't bother me to much at the moment but this panther covers were a must. Finally have 5 black

    Seconded. I plan to pump mine up to 128 during the Lightning Rounds and then max him whenever I scrap together another yellow cover. His claw is ridiculous at 5 black and His Battleplan is ridiculously powerful at 4 yellow. It is like retribution without the tile cap or the board disruption.

    He is such a good kitty.

    I think I am going to go for 5 yellow, so one cover away from that as my build is currently 4/3/5. I tested him out with m storm and the carnage is a thing of beauty.
  • Clint wrote:
    You put an extra period there, could have saved some valuable time there icon_e_wink.gif, and I feel you on typing an acronym with an iDevice, why there is no shift lock is beyond me.

    Oh, that period isn't part of your alliance name, it's the end of the sentence. icon_e_wink.gif Guess I should have constructed that differently so I could have included your chronic punctuation deficiency

    The problem is that shift-lock turns off (as does shift) when you swap to the numerical keyboard to type the periods SHIELD is ridiculously easy. S.H.I.E.L.D is a pain in the tinykitty.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Some people have claimed that they will attack anyone with mStorm in PvP regardless of team comp. 1 620 HP, that's not many indeed. (Gold Storm is one lazy character I don't mind).
  • Ariakos wrote:
    Option B: 45 min bathroom break.

    The undying classic. My wife must think I have some serious digestion problem every few days. And I do: I can't digest leaving the last 45mins of any tourney I've invested in to go unmanaged!

    Also a grand names for new alliances: "Bathroom Breakers", "45 Minute Men" or any other similar derivative. I wonder if they are taken already... icon_e_biggrin.gif

    My record is 35 minutes, in the office. Bizarrely, it's quite an adrenaline rush, in the back of my mind wondering if I am going to return to my desk to a P45*...

    *pink slip
  • Bacon PantsBacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    35 minutes is quite impressive, I start to feel bad after 15 minutes or so. I can play while working if on conference calls though, that's a plus.

    As for the event in question...I was happy to get a top 50 finish, which is all I was shooting for. I was annoyed by the fact that one person attacked me at a minimum of four times within 45 minutes or so. I don't mind being attacked once or twice by the same person, but four times is a bit of overkill. Is there anything the devs can do about this? Or is it one of those little nuances to just accept and deal with?
  • wathombe wrote:
    Yup, that was definitely good fun, S.H.I.E.L.D. I was stealth pushing for 1100, but I had to do it late, because my parents are in town to spend time with our 6yo daughter, and they would NOT go to bed! Had to stop myself from screaming, "Don't you know it's the last 45 minutes of a tourney?!"

    Anyway, I did a good job of staying out of everyone's queues until Jachdo hit me right as I crossed 1000. I wasn't entirely sure I could beat him with my team (100 Hood / 141 Pun / ~100 Mags), and I just ran out of time to get to 1100 by dinking 10 pt battles.

    Also, your alliance name is the most annoying thing to type on an iPhone ever.

    You should have made an elaborate lie of half truths and told them that you work.a second job (Mpq) to.feed your baby (*insert character you plan to give iso to) fitting ppl with fitted Intergalactic Space Fleet (alliance). You were near the end of one of the jobs (event) and needed to finish it well to get paid (place well). You needed to be on the phone for the next 45 min. to accomplish this (play Mpq) and would they please excuse you (let you get the f out of there) for those next 45 min and that you would be able to talk after making your babies nest egg (iso store).

    Actually, that was highly too legit sounding and not nearly elaborate enough. Throw in that you are hoping to meet a dragon soon (finfang), to help you improve your harem of women (duh) and that you are really getting tired of wading through fishnet all.day (fighting obw). You plan on finally bringing your **** out of the basement (lvl up black panther) but that you are afraid of someone cutting him down (nerfing black...but also pulp fiction reference). This is all dependant on your fitted Intergalactic Space Vessel job working out right (getting the bp covers) so you really need to go. That's a little better.

    Option B: 45 min bathroom break.

    I wish I could give you extra rep for every time this made me laugh out loud.
  • First time I've bothered breaking a shield in a long time (and I get paranoid easily), well done fitted Intergalactic Space Fleet.
    Clint wrote:
    Fitted Intergalactic Space Fleet, you guys were beasty in the hood tournament, we had to work our **** off. Awesome competition on that event.

    icon_lol.gif The last two hours of that tourney felt like an alliance lightning round to me. I finished the walking dead season finale and started my pvp bracket til the end. And we almost caught you! One of these times....
  • wathombe wrote:
    The problem is that shift-lock turns off (as does shift) when you swap to the numerical keyboard to type the periods SHIELD is ridiculously easy. S.H.I.E.L.D is a pain in the tinykitty.

    Not on iOS it doesn't, just hit the period near the bottom right and you don't need to swap to the numerical keyboard. It's the same on Android as well actually (I play on Android on phone and iOS on iPad). icon_e_smile.gif
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    The problem is that shift-lock turns off (as does shift) when you swap to the numerical keyboard to type the periods SHIELD is ridiculously easy. S.H.I.E.L.D is a pain in the tinykitty.

    Not on iOS it doesn't, just hit the period near the bottom right and you don't need to swap to the numerical keyboard. It's the same on Android as well actually (I play on Android on phone and iOS on iPad). icon_e_smile.gif

    I got so excited when I read this, but my iOS (7.0, iPhone 5) doesn't have a period in the bottom right of the alpha keypad. Maybe you have an app or a different generation of phone or OS? Or did they add that in 7.1 and I need to man up and install it?
Sign In or Register to comment.