Unholy Outlaw - Round 2 - March 28-30

12346

Comments

  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    TBH, I haven't hit 800 since the whole MMR changes around when the shield bubble burst. Whereas before shields were implemented, hitting 1k was more of a matter of time commitment than challenge
  • 1k can still be done. Did a final push with 2h left in the tourney and broke the threshold today. Certainly a lot more 141s seen once you crest the 800 mark but then they are also worth 20+ points so can't complain too much about it.

    If i needed a hood yellow would have kept going for 1100, not sure if i would have made it though... fighting a lot of 9 point battles dreading the impending doom of a -41 retaliation after each win icon_razz.gif

    zmz7j6K.png
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    I'd go as far as saying that getting to 1000+ is actually easier now than it was a few weeks ago. It seems to me that alliances (or some other scoring change) have pushed scores up a fair bit.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I'd go as far as saying that getting to 1000+ is actually easier now than it was a few weeks ago. It seems to me that alliances (or some other scoring change) have pushed scores up a fair bit.

    It may just be that my roster has improved, but I think this is right, from the perspective of the lower tiers. 600 is now more or less achievable for me, if I work at it, and a week or two ago, I had to work to break 500 at some point during the tournament.
  • MaxCavaleraMaxCavalera Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Nemek wrote:
    I'd go as far as saying that getting to 1000+ is actually easier now than it was a few weeks ago. It seems to me that alliances (or some other scoring change) have pushed scores up a fair bit.
    If they release a good 4* character scores really might go up, that would be nice.
  • PuritasPuritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol
  • shiny, shiny IW icon_cool.gif
  • poomermonpoomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Got first place finish in my bracket. I tried the last hour death push for the alliance rewards but s.h.i.e.l.d is just too strong.
  • Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    Nice push. Definitely made it close and had me refreshing like a mad man for last 15 min seeing if I needed to break shield pop one of your colleagues.
  • First time I've bothered breaking a shield in a long time (and I get paranoid easily), well done fitted kitchens.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    Fitted Kitchens, you guys were beasty in the hood tournament, we had to work our **** off. Awesome competition on that event.
  • Won my bracket icon_e_smile.gif IW is now 3/0/0.
    I was actually shielded in first with 850ish points when I saw Miucat making a push. Luckily I reacted fast enough, broke shield and managed to climb to 940, which he wasn't quite able to reach. He finished second with more than 900 points, a comfortable 250 point lead over 3rd.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    Nice push. Definitely made it close and had me refreshing like a mad man for last 15 min seeing if I needed to break shield pop one of your colleagues.

    Yeah, I kept telling myself I'd unshield if it got to around 200. Then there was this huge push up from FittedKitchens in the last 2 minutes and it got a little worrisome.
  • kidicaruskidicarus Age Unconfirmed Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    So that's the reason for the big push in our bracket.. Took a peek to see if I could sneak a 1st in a last minute push but I saw your push and thought tiny kitty it. Wouldn't have had the horse power to catch you either way.

    Guess I just got caught in the big crossfire between your two alliances.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    So that's the reason for the big push in our bracket.. Took a peek to see if I could sneak a 1st in a last minute push but I saw your push and thought tiny kitty it. Wouldn't have had the horse power to catch you either way.

    Guess I just got caught in the big crossfire between your two alliances.
    Didn't I hit You in the last minutes? If I did, I really appreciate You securing me #1 icon_e_smile.gif. And I do hope You were either shielded or I didn't screw Your place.
  • kidicaruskidicarus Age Unconfirmed Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Emeryt wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    So that's the reason for the big push in our bracket.. Took a peek to see if I could sneak a 1st in a last minute push but I saw your push and thought tiny kitty it. Wouldn't have had the horse power to catch you either way.

    Guess I just got caught in the big crossfire between your two alliances.
    Didn't I hit You in the last minutes? If I did, I really appreciate You securing me #1 icon_e_smile.gif. And I do hope You were either shielded or I didn't screw Your place.

    glad I could help, but I didn't unshield so you must have had me queued from earlier - I think I finished in the low 800s. The one thing that did screw me up this event was the last fight I had before I put up my shields, had 60+points in 2 fights that I had queued up and I was going to boost through them really quickly. However, I didn't account for someone coming into my office during the 2nd match and me having to do some work (or at least look like I wasn't playing icon_razz.gif). I believe that would have taken me to 850 and putting me in an advantageous position over puritas - but it didn't pan out that way.
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Clint wrote:
    Fitted Intergalactic Space Fleet, you guys were beasty in the hood tournament, we had to work our **** off. Awesome competition on that event.

    I hit you on my way up and when you hit me back i saved you in my que, hit you in the last 5 mins, were you shielded at that point?
  • PuritasPuritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    kidicarus wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    Good run, Shield
    Couldn't make up that last 300 points with 2 players absent icon_e_sad.gif
    2300 points ahead of 3rd place though lol

    So that's the reason for the big push in our bracket.. Took a peek to see if I could sneak a 1st in a last minute push but I saw your push and thought tiny kitty it. Wouldn't have had the horse power to catch you either way.

    Guess I just got caught in the big crossfire between your two alliances.
    Didn't I hit You in the last minutes? If I did, I really appreciate You securing me #1 icon_e_smile.gif. And I do hope You were either shielded or I didn't screw Your place.

    glad I could help, but I didn't unshield so you must have had me queued from earlier - I think I finished in the low 800s. The one thing that did screw me up this event was the last fight I had before I put up my shields, had 60+points in 2 fights that I had queued up and I was going to boost through them really quickly. However, I didn't account for someone coming into my office during the 2nd match and me having to do some work (or at least look like I wasn't playing icon_razz.gif). I believe that would have taken me to 850 and putting me in an advantageous position over puritas - but it didn't pan out that way.

    if it makes you feel better, I was waiting for you to break shield, and had you queued up in two slots haha
  • mouser wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    mouser wrote:
    C'mon Nemek, you don't need that IW cover.

    But I've got to get alliance points! But uhh...I'm shielded now, will probably get another 20ish points when I need to refresh my shield in 3 hours. So, if you get 930+, I likely won't chase unless the alliance rank is in jeopardy.

    Heh, no worries. Bad side effect of the Alliances. The best laid intentions of mice and men as they say icon_e_smile.gif

    My options got horrible once I hit 800, doubt I'll be chasing unless they improve greatly.

    I have another SHIELD member in my bracket who has both IW and BP maxed but still went for over 1000 points.

    Alliances are keeping end game players competitive in every tournament whereas in the past people would 500 and tank.

    Couldn't care less about IW and my x force is maxed so I'm happy with top 5.

    Yeah, sorry 'bout that. It's all about the alliance points. I wouldn't screw people out of a 4* just to land 1000 more ISO.
  • kidicaruskidicarus Age Unconfirmed Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Puritas wrote:
    if it makes you feel better, I was waiting for you to break shield, and had you queued up in two slots haha

    LOL that is pretty awesome and sums up what I love about the forums.

    It's a non optimal finishing time for me and I'm finishing top 2 in my events so its all good.
Sign In or Register to comment.