Unholy Outlaw - Round 2 - March 28-30

Options

Comments

• Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Like the one we just had in the Lone Star Tourney? icon_e_wink.gif

I dunno what was in the line star tourney. I don't compete in those.
    But do You understand that Your argument is now invalid? You only have Yourself to blame.

No it isn't. I'm gonna be top 10 in 2 tourney ending nearly the same time that both have yellow IW rewards. I have been winning 1st place in like 3 of every 4 pvp tourney lately and I've got more yellow than I know what to do with. Even if they released 1 of either blue/green that's still a 2/1/0. Why not 1/1/1? Yellow has been a lot more abundant lately.
    Maybe You should try competing in the tourneys which have covers You're interested in? Like Lone Star for example?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    [quote=Like the one we just had in the Lone Star Tourney? icon_e_wink.gif

I dunno what was in the line star tourney. I don't compete in those.
    But do You understand that Your argument is now invalid? You only have Yourself to blame.

No it isn't. I'm gonna be top 10 in 2 tourney ending nearly the same time that both have yellow IW rewards. I have been winning 1st place in like 3 of every 4 pvp tourney lately and I've got more yellow than I know what to do with. Even if they released 1 of either blue/green that's still a 2/1/0. Why not 1/1/1? Yellow has been a lot more abundant lately.
    Maybe You should try competing in the tourneys which have covers You're interested in? Like Lone Star for example?[/quote]

Lone star is the only tourney I don't compete in. 1 tourney is not gonna make the rewards seem so off balance. Either way. I 1/2 way feel like in being trolled here so. Later :p
  • I'm taking the plunge and blowing my 150k iso onto maxing out Hood. Hopefully this works out and he becomes the PvP monster that I think he should be.

I just did the same (but mine was at 128 already). Thinking Punisher and Classic Magneto for this tourney.

No LT instead? 115 LT might actually be better on defense than 141 Punisher with the Hood.

Yeah that's a good call on defense. On offense I just miss the strike and attack tiles too much. But the Hood can mitigate the wait time for Thor considerably so we'll see how it goes.

And after the simulator subs tonight LT is up to level 128 so that skews things even more. It's a shame really, I feel like I haven't used Punisher for a few weeks now.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    God damnit... Jozier in bracket... FFS
  • He's not the only one in that bracket.
  • Just put hood up to level 100 and my ISO is looking low.
  • Anyone else notice progression rewards past 500 have been moved up?

Ie 2 star is now 600 instead of 700, 4 star at 1300 instead of 1400, etc

I think this is definitely on the right track. I hardly ever see people in 1000+, so things like 1400 are a bit out there. If they moved up by another 100, we could get the 3 star at 1000 which would be reasonable.
  • IamDVL wrote:
    Anyone else notice progression rewards past 500 have been moved up?

Ie 2 star is now 600 instead of 700, 4 star at 1300 instead of 1400, etc

I think this is definitely on the right track. I hardly ever see people in 1000+, so things like 1400 are a bit out there. If they moved up by another 100, we could get the 3 star at 1000 which would be reasonable.

3* at 1000
    100 hp at 1100
    4* at 1200

I typically stop and shield at 950 almost every tourney. If rewards were tiered like that I would probably spend another 300-450hp every tourney that had 3/4* I needed. I'm way way less likely to go for current rewards.
  • Pretty burnt out on pvp in general right now, so I'm not going for much in this one. Facing off against all those combinations of Dakens, Thors, Storms, and OBW's is a bit tiresome.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    JOZIER, GEDDOUT OF MY BRACKET
  • My bracket is quite underwhelming since no one seems to be in the mood for pvp with pve still open. I pushed to 600 for the rewards and I was barely attacked. I won 1-2 retaliations which kept me #1 with 585. I assume all the retaliations will hit in the last 8 hours, but still, I think it will be enough to keep top 5-10. This time the tournament ends 7pm for me, so I will probably use only a 3h shield.
  • Looks like I have very easy bracket. Currently shielded at #1 with 606pts. Good, I want both IW and BP.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Looks like I have very easy bracket. Currently shielded at #1 with 606pts. Good, I want both IW and BP.

You just removed the doubts I was harboring about retaliating on you icon_e_smile.gif
  • gahudahu wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Looks like I have very easy bracket. Currently shielded at #1 with 606pts. Good, I want both IW and BP.

You just removed the doubts I was harboring about retaliating on you icon_e_smile.gif
    lol icon_e_smile.gif I skipped You dunno how many times already, but as winning the match with You would grant me 600pts I said to myself "ah, to hell with that" and managed to win. shielded immediately icon_e_smile.gif

Why do You consider my team to be a threat? Cos I'm thinking about switching OBW to Hulk for defence.
  • Mine seems even easier. 500 is enough for first atm. I expect that to change by tomorrow, though.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Mine seems even easier. 500 is enough for first atm. I expect that to change by tomorrow, though.
    Well, in mine 500 is also fine. I just want to push as high as possible (I'm dreaming of a white chris... I mean yellow hood at 1100 icon_cool.gif ).
  • Emeryt wrote:
    gahudahu wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

lol icon_e_smile.gif I skipped You dunno how many times already, but as winning the match with You would grant me 600pts I said to myself "ah, to hell with that" and managed to win. shielded immediately icon_e_smile.gif

Why do You consider my team to be a threat? Cos I'm thinking about switching OBW to Hulk for defence.

You got a pretty good team, and i was afraid it would devolve into a retaliation war icon_e_smile.gif

I think you should switch to Hulk instead of OBW: the buffing of Hood means OBW only steals purple, it is pretty easy to handle her with that in mind. Actually many people sport OBW in their team for this event, I dont think it is a good thing for defense, cause it means there is only room left for one big hitter ; if the big hitter can be taken out first (with Mag for example) then it is very easy to finish the match.
  • This is a nice bracket.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, this is bizarre. I got a notification that I was attacked a couple of minutes ago, by someone I hit a little while ago (Morgh, who I think is on the forums?), and I can see them for retaliation, nothing out of the ordinary... except I could swear I didn't lose any points. Now I just got a notification that I won a match against Morgh, but I know my points didn't change because I was looking at them. I don't know what to make of this.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bugged game is full of bugs ;p

not that I am complaining...